• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you the best at, relative to everyone else?

florin3k3

NFS: Porsche unleashed. put a lot of hours into that game. Beat everybody I came across. Doubt I would be very high on a world leaderboard though

Neil_J_UK

About 2 weeks after release of Vita Hotline Miami I got in the top 10 of the leaderboards of around 6 different levels, being #1 in one of them for a while. I was also in the top 10 world rankings for NHL Rivals on the original Xbox.

the21O

Neo Member
I've never been great at multiplayer games so my youth was full of the single player experience. I was obsessed with the original Legend of Zelda so I spent god knows how long playing it. I got to the point I could beat it on one life with out ever upgrading my wooden sword and only using one blue potion.
I was also pretty good at the first Ninja Gaiden game. I could speed run the entire game with out dying.

HeeHo

I play a mean Hayabusa in DoA. Even though he is somewhat of a low tier character, I always use him.

That is probably my most skilled video game achievement. Other than that, I am proud of my sword n shield skills in MH3U.

I would like to think I'm a bit above average at shooters, most recently those being BF4 and TLoU on PS4.

On a global scale I remember I cracked the Rock band 2 leader boards a long time ago for a few songs.

Armored Core For Answer, I was unstoppable in that game. One time for fun my friend and I had a contest to see who could make a worse mech, and every now and then I'd take mine out and use it in real matches and still win.

The original Halo. I was awful at shooters when I started playing it, so I learned by getting destroyed repeatedly. Sheer brute force repetition taught me what worked and what didn't. Those instincts are permanently in my muscle memory; I remember playing the game after a break of several years, and still winning matches handily. At LAN parties, we would make a sport of having 7-on-1 matches against me, that I usually won.

Sorry if that all comes off as arrogant. It's not a point of pride for me, and I don't view it as an accomplishment per se; it's just something that's permanently burned into my brain and hands.

SolidC213

Warhawk and Twisted metal. I was very good at these on PS3. Played these games for so long and had really good KDR's. Like 12+ on Warhawk with hundreds of hours played and in the top 10 in leaderboards for twisted for kills for a while.

I'd like to think I can play a mean game of Mario Party 3.

More realistically PSO2 I guess? Though there are a number of people I'd consider better than me, but at the very least I'm up there for gaijin player base. Though at the same time; being "best" at an MMO is a pretty vague, dubious affair.

It's probably the only time I've ever dominated so thoroughly at a game, but man, I was pretty damn awesome at Ghost Recon: Future Soldier online. Like, I was that one douche dive-rolling everywhere and making you blame lag.

Such an underrated MP shooter; tight controls/gunplay, interesting mechanics, great cover system, great maps - the whole works. 'Tis a shame it was pretty much doomed to not have any significant legs.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The original Castlevania. I used to be able to beat that game on one life and only take any damage from Death.
Single level honorable mention: One time I finished the Truth and Reconciliation level of Halo: CE on solo Legendary without losing any health, only shield damage.
I'm not very good at games now, though. Too much FFXI and GAF kinda ruined me.

FeiRR

Banned
I was pretty good in Uncharted 2 MP before it got patched to shit. Never the same in UC3...
I am fairly good in Battlefield games (top 2% usually). I was 7th in the world with G53 carbine at some point in BF3. My clan destroyed almost everybody in BF:BC2 4x4 DM.

I'm terrible in Mario Kart. People who know this game well, destroy me as they wish.

Ultra (Omega)SSFIV and Hotline Miami

tumblr_n9eataDxiD1r01oj1o1_500.gif

SnakeEyez®

tumblr_n3q0x1oHAh1rj5xamo1_500.gif

gelf

Virtua Fighter, I'm no master at it by a very long shot but compared to the average gamer and my average level in other games I think I do pretty well. I don't get destroyed online like I do in Street Fighter.

Kasumin

Mega Man X4. I did a no upgrades, buster-only challenge run of it once and had a lot of fun. Probably the one platformer I've played the most. I'm not amazing by any means, but I'm really familiar with the game.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Umm .. relative to everyone on GAF is probably ... nothing.

But i'm the reining champion of Tekken 5 tournaments in my family for multiple years.

I've placed first on a few of the Spelunky daily challenges. I've got all the trophies in the game. There are certainly better players than me, but out of all the games I personally play, I'm best at that.

ironmang

Probably CSGO. I've been floating around the top ranks for awhile now and have only been getting better since I made some major changes to my gaming space.

elhav

The only genre I can say I'm good at is 3d platformers.

I find most so called challenging sections in most 3d platformers a breeze, though I am in no way a speedrunning guy.

I'm also pretty good at Fifa I guess

blacklotus

Fifa15.

Almost celebrity status at my place of work (big department store with close to 1000 workers).

Oh, and back in the day i had quite the rep in Europe as a Panzerfauster at RTCW (best mp game ever).

Anth0ny

Probably Brawl. I was ranked in my region for a little while and placed pretty well in tournaments. Even won a couple.

If we're talking games that you can tangibly measure, I'd say the Ouendan/EBA series. When I'm in the zone for those, it's pretty magical.

jeemer

I was ranked in the top few akumas in my region for a while, think it was top 40 or so worldwide on ssfiv before ultra. i didn't even play ranked much. dropped ssfiv when demon flip palm got gimped, play marvel instead now.

Out of my friends, ninja gaiden or geo wars pacifism come to mind.

dr labson

Neo Member
Def Jam Fight for NY, It got to point where no one wants to play with me.
I can counter anything in that game and I know the pattern of every AI character.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Gitaroo Man. I S ranked every stage except for San Bone Trio which I always have 1 or 2 misses on. Don't know of anyone else with scores like that, but it's a pretty niche game I guess. There's probably crazy guys out there who get all greats or something.

Also one of the best DDR players in my region. Usually place 2nd or 3rd in Baton Rouge tournaments. Always beaten by the same guys. That's not saying much though. My scores get wrecked by the online community.

Paertan

Killzone 2. I would not be #1 but pretty damn high. Am probably pretty high in Killzone Shadow Fall as well.
I've gotten "How the fuck do you get so much score?!" a few times.

Bad Company 2 I usually ended #1 on PS3 so that as well. "Drop the Paert-bomb" was something the guys I played with said when we flew over enemies with transport chopper and I jumped out by myself. Lots of people gonna die!

Mohonky

I dont profess myself an expert at an games really, the only thing I might say I can do that some others cant is I can complete Ninja Gaiden games at the higher difficulty levels (I dont kite and ultimate technique enemies to do so either, I am too lazy to take that approach I just go in weapons swinging).

Hasnt done jack shit for my never ending stone runs for games like Bayo and Wonderful 101 though. I think being used to Ninja Gaiden is actually a handicap going into those games because of how different they are.

Chuckie

Killzone 2. I would not be #1 but pretty damn high.
I've gotten "How the fuck do you get so much score?!" a few times.

Yeah I would also consider KZ2 the game I was best at. No way near #1 in the world but I used to have some great scores. Especially as a sniper the ratio was awesome.

leroidys

More vague than the topic asks for, but I can destroy pretty much any rhythm game.

EDIT:

Oh, I was also in one of the top clans in Firearms, a fucking amazing HL1 mod that never really went mainstream.

Paertan

Oh yeah me and my buddy was #1 on Dead Nation scoreboard for coop for a while. So I got that going for me.

Yeah I would also consider KZ2 the game I was best at. No way near #1 in the world but I used to have some great scores. Especially as a sniper the ratio was awesome.
I was one with the shotgun. No heads were safe around me.

Micken

Banned
Probably nothing. I'm not that great a gamer.

Maybe Captain Bible, though. I at one point had most of the references memorized and was pretty good with the combat system.

Vitten

F-Zero games in general and F-Zero X in particular. Played those endlessly and used to be up there with the world's best. Been a while though, I'd probably suck if I were to replay them now.

These days I don't have the time or will anymore to stick around with the same game until I reach a high proficiency level.

Top Bottom