• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantic Dream: "Some great news coming in January!"

Would be cool if it was new but they will definitely save that for E3 or something. It's gonna be a Beyond PS4 announcement and I'm stoked, cannot wait to play through it again.

The optimist in me wants this to be the announcement of a full game based on the Kara tech demo for PlayStation 4. The realist in me admits this will be Beyond: Two Souls Remastered for PS4.

Remaster both Beyond and Heavy Rain and package them together for the price of one, pls

imokaywiththis.jpg

As much as I didn't like Beyond (though applauded Sony for putting something like it out there), Heavy Rain is a game I love so much. I'd be more than happy to buy it again, even if it came with Beyond.

Leb

Dream announcement: "David Cage hires dedicated writing staff and a raft of editors."

I mean, I bought Indigo Prophecy off sale and borrowed a PS3 to play Heavy Rain. Just like with Molyneux, I think I've learned my lesson.

jwk94

Would be cool if it was new but they will definitely save that for E3 or something. It's gonna be a Beyond PS4 announcement and I'm stoked, cannot wait to play through it again.

Neither can I. I'd be grateful if I could skip the Dessert chapter, thouggh.

Kevin

I would rather a new game unless they were to completely remaster Beyond Two Souls (and possibly Heavy Rain) with entirely new visuals worthy of the PS4. Since the cost of this would likely be to high and the time needed to long, I don't see this happening.

What we will likely get is Beyond Two Souls 1080p/60 Frames with a few new textures and character models and maybe a new area or something. I expect something like The Last of Us Remastered and quite honestly, I don't really feel like Beyond Two Souls will benefit much from a simple remaster.

Would be cool if it included Heavy Rain and their other titles (like the Master Chief collection) remastered but will likely not happen.

Please give me Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls on my PS4. I was on 360 last gen and missed them both. I imagine there are a lot of us.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Quantic taking five minutes to re-release Indigo Prophecy on Steam would be great. It's been self-publishing the GOG version for yonks now.

Kevin

They will likely save the "new game announcement" until E3. This is likely a quick Beyond Two Souls PS4 port. Depending on what the difference is from the PS3 version, I may consider it at some point.

I'd love a QD trilogy on PS4, but I'd settle for Beyond on PS4. I'd hope for 60fps, but I dunno if David Cage is one of those low-framerate "cinematic" loyalists.

Shin-Ra

TrainArriving.gif

Logo.gif

And it should look fantastic.

thuway

Haven't played either Heavy Rain or Beyond, so I'm looking forward to Remaster if it comes. The technical flaws of Heavy Rain and the framerate drops were pretty bad if I remember correctly.

F4r0_Atak

It would be hilarious to see the reactions if a Heavy Rain/Beyond package was to be announced with all the Director's Cut content, for 40$ (because you know, you can get both of these for a bit less than 40$ at most retailers)... that and also including a full teaser trailer for their PS4 project... with something like "Greatness Awaits... E3 2015" at the end.

Beyond Two Souls: Rewritten Edition

Brilliant!! :D

p.s. Seriously, I am not expecting a game-project announcement. My guess would be regarding their relationship with SCE as whole, in the sense of, will they continue to work on contractual projects for SCE or will they decide to join in SCE WWS?

Bashtee

I understand if people don't like QD games for the story/writing, opinions and so on, but why even join a thread about QD and post it? Whatever, remaster of beyond and/or HR would be a day one for me. I love their games and want to support them.

It would be hilarious to see the reactions if a Heavy Rain/Beyond package was to be announced with all the Director's Cut content, for 40$ (because you know, you can get both of these for a bit less than 40$ at most retailers)... that and also including a full teaser trailer for their PS4 project... with something like "Greatness Awaits... E3 2015" at the end.

You can get less than 40$ but both of them will be inferior to PS4 version and missing little content. The point of this collection is mainly for the fans to have backward compatibility in PS4 and Xbox360/Wii fans who moved to PS4. It won't well in big amounts but provides diversity for the gamers in the library.

Did not play Beyond on PS3 but would love to give it a try on PS4

Same here, I have been holding out, but really tempted to pick up the steelbook PS3 version at gamestop for $10 right now, but I would rather play it on PS4 to see what upgrades and/or deleted content they include.

F4r0_Atak

You can get less than 40$ but both of them will be inferior to PS4 version and missing little content. The point of this collection is mainly for the fans to have backward compatibility in PS4 and Xbox360/Wii fans who moved to PS4. It won't well in big amounts but provides diversity for the gamers in the library.

I know that. Although, I am pretty sure that QD once said they had to some scenes (in Beyond Two Souls) removed because it "didn't seem" to "fit in" with the game's narrative line. I also know that Cage did prepare/planned other DLCs for Heavy Rain, in the same vein of The Taxidermist dlc they released (smaller scale, but with more horror and investigation).

Top Bottom