• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Feedback and Bug Report Thread

70JcmmA.jpg

The purpose of this thread is to encourage (hopefully) a two way discussion on the beta. Keeping the feedback as respectful as possible will encourage this no doubt, but by all means be critical, if that's what you want to express. Go into as much depth as you feel necessary to explain your points and decisions.

Be aware:

The eary access is a limited and wonky version of the beta. they are getting a fraction of the content and will have to endure a lot of server side dickery. They are testing it at scale so that MCC purchasers (who they are largely a subset of) will enjoy a much tighter and FAR more complete experience.

The early access beta is available from the 19th-21st, the beta that comes with the MCC runs from December 29th to January 18th.

Do not talk about the MCC and its issues here, there is a thread for that.

Try to follow the guidelines below.

What you liked

What you disliked

What you would change

Gameplay bugs

Please be as specific as possible here, add videos or pictures (if you can) to make it easier for everyone to see. Go through the steps you took to create/find the bug.

Miscellaneous bugs

Visual, art direction, sound bugs etc go here, anything that does not directly impact gameplay.

Please be as specific as possible here, add videos or pictures (if you can) to make it easier for everyone to see. Go through the steps you took to create/find the bug.

Optional - Beta rating

Overall thoughts and arbitrary rating out of 10 pls.

Please rate the beta using the following images to show satisfaction level:

NfEiys6.jpg
NfEiys6.jpg
NfEiys6.jpg
NfEiys6.jpg
NfEiys6.jpg
/10

Elzar out, believe in the #butts.

there are a strange lack of butts from my side

fix this shit, not-Bungie

also OP is horrifying, pls ban Elzar and start over

Has it gone live yet? I just literally walked in the door at my house for Winter Break and if it's live, the Xbox is getting set up right away.

Madness

I have a feeling this thread will devolve into a
wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Here's hoping that people actually attempt coherent discussions and constructive criticism. The point of such an early beta is to help provide massive user feedback and stress test the game in a way that just not possible in studio.

Impala26

I have a feeling this thread will devolve into a
wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Here's hoping that people actually attempt coherent discussions and constructive criticism. The point of such an early beta is to help provide massive user feedback and stress test the game in a way that just not possible in studio.

You better watch yourself, we're wanted men.
I have the death sentence in TWELVE systems.

#starbutts

Thanks for the thread. I will be posting in your format here and will jump over to our friends in the community thread and share there as well.

Not on the dashboard preview but I'm going to be keeping an eye on Twitch to watch some sweet gameplay and start formulating some ideas. Will try to keep major opinions largely to myself though until I get to play it later this month.

I'll be reading the thread a lot, though. I want to hear peoples impressions.

Start linking those streams!

...and will have to endure a lot of server side dickery. MCC purchasers will enjoy a much tighter and FAR more complete experience.

Oh. So as a buyer of the MCC, I can look forward to network stability, a more complete experience, and less server side dickery?

That's...nice. Good...to hear. Frankie.

zciWJFX.gif

//ARCANUM

I am excite. Though of course I have a big work project I have to finish this weekend. Hoping to get a couple hours of play in though.

Glass

Looking forward to catching the streams later on, be interesting to see how quickly people get the hang of the spartan abilities.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I do not think 343i will listen to a single word we say, what we see at beta will be what we get at launch.
The game is almost literally a year from release, you'd be very hard pressed to find a game that's exactly the same a year as a beta from a year before the official release.

Gowans

My controls were fine last night (left stick was aim down sight)

This morning they have changed (right stick click is ADS) and it won't let me change back?

My controls were fine last night (left stick was aim down sight)

This morning they have changed (right stick click is ADS) and it won't let me change back?

Did you have a second controller on by any chance? Had a friend over and while his controller was on the controls were incorrect and the look inversion setting was ignored. Disconnected the controller and it was immediately fixed.

(also, at one point two accounts were signed in and the beta just broke completely)

Gowans

Weird, you ever find out what was wrong?

Did you have a second controller on by any chance? Had a friend over and while his controller was on the controls were incorrect and the look inversion setting was ignored. Disconnected the controller and it was immediately fixed.

(also, at one point two accounts were signed in and the beta just broke completely)
I do have a second controller I switch between when my battery dies and use a Xbox headset.

I think I hard power reset fixed it (after a few tries). (Maybe it was when I switches controllers).

Now I just need to use that same control scheme in MCC

sam777

While in party chat, you get kicked out of it and in to the games session audio and chat. Although the party app will still show you as in the party even though you aren't.

Only have this problem when playing this.

What you liked

- The game itself. Issues aside, it's fantastic.
- Movement. It's very fast and fluid. Thrusters are great to help you out in a pinch. Clambering is useful. Sprint is still sprint, but I can live with it.
- Gunplay. It's good. Apart from some kinks that need fixing, it feels like Halo.
- The maps. Truth, while a remake, is fantastic. Lots of neat little touches too, which I wouldn't have expected to see in a beta. Empire makes pretty good use of the new movement abilities.

What you disliked

- The Spartans parading around. These guys are Spartans, not jocks who just beat their rival high school. They should be stoic, not taunting the other team.
- Zooming on automatic weapons.
- Flinching (even the little amount of it there is).
- Lack of a controller setting I truly liked, even after two days of playing.
- Killcam. It needs to go. I tend to throw grenades before I die, so I'd like to see what happens after I do. The Killcam only shows like a split second before your death anyway, so even if you want to find out how some guy got the drop on you, it's utterly useless.
- Ground pound. I don't know why you insist on keeping it in, I've rarely ever seen it used and have never been killed by one.

What you would change

- If you're intent on keeping the post-game celebration in, let us choose an emote for our Spartan. Let us be who we want to be. On a related tangent: I may dislike their bro-acting now, but if you get me a dancing animation like in Destiny I'd pick it Day 1.
- The range on some of the automatic weapons is way too long. At mid-range an AR should never beat a BR, and yet I've seen several instances of that happening, with me on both giving and receiving end. I'd get rid of the "zoom benefits" on the AR altogether.
- I'm honestly fine with the ADS-like zooming, but on Recon controls the delay between pressing the zoom button and your weapon actually zooming in is very noticeable. This needs to be instantaneous, like in previous Halo games. That split second of peering down your scope can mean the difference between life and death.
- Speaking of Recon controls, I'd switch around Thruster and Sprint. Having Sprint on a shoulder button and Thrusters on X makes a lot more sense, at least for me. At least give us the option of choosing between the two. Call them 'Ninja' controls if you have to. :lol
- Grenades are a bit too powerful right now: they remind me of the mini-nukes from the early days of Reach. They could probably use some toning down.
- If you intend to keep the Killcam, make it optional. "Press X to watch KillCam" And fix the time it shows: showing only the moment the guy fired the killing shot is absolutely useless.

Gameplay bugs

- I'd occasionally lose health out of nowhere. Running around with full shields, one shot from an AR or DMR should not be able to do that.
- This happened yesterday. Not a big glitch, but might as well show it.

Beta rating

It's a lot better than what I expected. If 343 listens to our suggestions and improves the game accordingly, this could be the glorious return of Halo. I'm not giving any numbers, but I'm impressed.

Top Bottom