• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGaf's first NeoCosplay Thread. Muahahaha

choodi

Banned
Zerokku said:
WP_0000462.jpg

This guy is obviously ripping off Gears of War!

I don't even begin to know where to look for it, but at a local nerd convention one of my buddies snapped a picture of the entire TF2 lineup in cosplay. Then the guy who was the spy made a mask with a picture of a stormtrooper on it and posed next to a big lineup of dudes in stormtrooper outfits for a photo.

Was awesome.

Shaneus

Asian girl in the above pic probably could've pulled off a better Faith (Mirror's Edge).

Predator and son is so adorable, too. Love it.

RoboShmup

Banned
Here's my costume of The Prince from last year. I've never been to an actual cosplay event before, but I got first place at my college's costume contest. Got first place 8)

And yes, I'm wearing purple velvet tights.
6Z8zQ.jpg

This was from a smaller gathering the day before
Gmziv.jpg

Awesome Ezio
wIHuM.jpg

And as bonus, here's an awesome shot of my shadow
VHz4a.jpg

Went as Manny Calavera the year before.

beat

It wasn't for a con, but I made a Manny Calavera mask for last Halloween:
AJZAYl.jpg

edit: I'm really proud that the eye and nose holes were semi-transparent, enough to see out through in sufficient light.

RoboShmup

Banned
beat said:
I'm really proud that the eye and nose holes were semi-transparent, enough to see out through in sufficient light.
lol I couldn't see shit in mine. I just had little tiny slits cut under the eyes.
FMpu1.jpg

I went for year two Manny :)

Amir0x

Banned
Guess aMarkedman won't be posting here anymore. account suiciders never make sense to me.

Also:

This is a nice rendition of the Portal girl, but it reminded me that someone needs to sell a genuine Portal Gun Replica. That one she's holding is ghetto as shit. But I've always wanted to buy a Portal Gun Replica... real high quality like, for a few hundred dollars. If anybody knows where I can get something like this it'd be a great help!

The ideal Portal Gun would project a orange or blue circle onto a wall with associated sound effects.

Amir0x said:
This is a nice rendition of the Portal girl, but it reminded me that someone needs to sell a genuine Portal Gun Replica. That one she's holding is ghetto as shit. But I've always wanted to buy a Portal Gun Replica... real high quality like, for a few hundred dollars. If anybody knows where I can get something like this it'd be a great help!

The ideal Portal Gun would project a orange or blue circle onto a wall with associated sound effects.
gun3.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5135914/real-portal-gun-wont-leave-you-tasting-blood

Kind of OT, but I was randomly looking at GAF's frontpage, and noticed the staggering amount of views of this thread (compared to the number of posts). It's not that surprising given the graphical nature of the topic, but it's still somewhat funny.

More views than:
- the steam thread
- the iphone/ipad gaming thread II
- the PSP CFW thread
- (many others which I am too tired to be looking for).

Zing said:
Need more Tifa upskirts.
Tifa
C'mon, Barret. Pull it together!

Barret
Yeah, well all I know is I'm just flesh 'n' blood... 'cept for this arm of mine.
Don't treat me like I'm some ex-member of SOLDIER or somethin'......

Tifa
What about me!? I'm human too! Oh, do what you want, I'm going on!

She starts up the stairs, then stops.

......?

She pulls her skirt down.

Yaah! Barret! You go first!

Barret
What're ya ignorant? I didn't mean that...

Tifa
All right, all right!
Cloud, you go on ahead too!!

Amir0x said:
Guess aMarkedman won't be posting here anymore. account suiciders never make sense to me.

I don't get it... I saw the picture before he was banned but I didn't understand. Please tell me in so I don't make the same mistake too.

gotee12

radiantdreamer said:
I don't get it... I saw the picture before he was banned but I didn't understand. Please tell me in so I don't make the same mistake too.
If you didn't get it, count yourself lucky. I think that pic broke my soul...

There was a muppet's wang in the pic.

Ferrio

Banned
harriet the spy said:
Kind of OT, but I was randomly looking at GAF's frontpage, and noticed the staggering amount of views of this thread (compared to the number of posts). It's not that surprising given the graphical nature of the topic, but it's still somewhat funny.

More views than:
- the steam thread
- the iphone/ipad gaming thread II
- the PSP CFW thread
- (many others which I am too tired to be looking for).

Well to be fair, it was one of the first threads made when this board became active.

Damn just noticed all my pics are dead now too.... site I was hosting on got hacked. Ugh.

gotee12 said:
If you didn't get it, count yourself lucky. I think that pic broke my soul...

There was a muppet's wang in the pic.
I couldn't see the pic before the link was removed, but it surely was from the Marquis movie (since you used the spoiler tags, I guess I'll use them too):
Wikipedia said:
Marquis is a 1989 French-language film, produced in Belgium and France, based on the life and writings of the Marquis de Sade. All the actors wear animal masks, and their voices are dubbed. There are a few scenes involving clay animation.

In pre-revolutionary France, the canine Marquis de Sade sits in jail working on his writing and having conversations with his penis which has a face and is named Colin. When Colin is not whining about his need for stimulation and espousing his impulsive philosophies, he is "telling stories" that make up the Marquis' work.
I recommend this movie.

Top Bottom