• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 $36.99 on Amazon. It's a great racing game at a great price! Buy it.

Missed opportunity not having volcanic ash as a type of weather in the expansion. Still a really cool add-on.

It was a missed opportunity not to have really torrential downpours, let alone volcanic ash.

Best racing game of the year was part of it.
I think we should get rid of troll titles part, it's going to derail the thread more.
Good price my favorite racing game of the year.

Ah, well that was a silly thing to lose thread creating privileges over.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Grabbed this for my brother in an Xbox One bundle of seven games, hopefully he enjoys it come Christmas time. Definitely looks amazing, and I'll grab it come my time to get an Xbox One.

gogojira

Lol @ overly defensive mods. Hopefully the guy that made the off brand Mario/ratchet/whatever thread suffered the same fate. It's only fair.

What a joke. At least Forza is good.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Lol @ overly defensive mods. Hopefully the guy that made the off brand Mario/ratchet/whatever thread suffered the same fate. It's only fair.

What a joke. At least Forza is good.

I myself am offended by the All Hail Knack thread (I'm a Christian) and the LTTP Wolfenstein thread saying it was one of the best FPS in recent years. Clearly inflammatory intentions and not an actual opinion.

shandy706

My GOTY, and possibly my favorite racer of all time (that involves hundreds of real cars).

Worth full price, let alone any sell price.

Killer

Banned
I myself am offended by the All Hail Knack thread (I'm a Christian) and the LTTP Wolfenstein thread saying it was one of the best FPS in recent years. Clearly inflammatory intentions and not an actual opinion.

Maybe because it's not on the mod's favorite console.

A little harsh to junior him, but at least its not a ban.

I've seen plenty of other threads with "One of the best" or "Possibly the best" etc in the titles with nothing similar happening. Title should have just been changed and he should've just been warned to make it more subjective next time rather that objective.

On topic: Really is a wonderful game, got it during the microsoft store online glitch, it really is a fantastic racing game, among the many great ones that have released this year.

Alright man, imma try to help you out here. If you have a question or problem with the mods, talk to them there rather than risking the banhammer by airing it out here.

That aside, this isn't your first rodeo.

Gestault

My GOTY, and possibly my favorite racer of all time (that involves hundreds of real cars).

Worth full price, let alone any sell price.

I wanna say Horizon 2 is the only title I've bought at full price without some promo associated with it in 2014. Which speaks partly to the game, and partly to the number of good deals across the board this year. The Horizon offshoot series seems to be one of those titles that pulls in gearheads along with people who aren't as into racing as a genre.

GlamFM

Banned
Wait what? You get juniored for having an opinion in your thread title now? That's new right?

Because I'm sure I see threads like this all the time..

So If I make a thread that is "FF7 - best FF finally gets remastered" I will get juniored - is that correct?

I will probably never make a thread again - too scary.

Silky

Banned
BS. what other thread did i make considered offensive?

If we go by metacritic, i'm still correct. Can't express opinion anymore.

Because your opinion wasn't expressed as an opinion.

Mario Kart scored better than Forza.

See what your poorly labeled generalization did? Got you juniored. Take the fucking loss and hold dat

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Wait what? You get juniored for having an opinion in your thread title now? That's new right?

Because I'm sure I see threads like this all the time..

So If I make a thread that is "FF7 - best FF finally gets remastered" I will get juniored - is that correct?

I will probably never make a thread again - too scary.

Best FF isn't a console wars issue. Best racer of the year is. These are the times we live in.

OP went down in flames.

Expressing an opinion is one thing. Going ape shit trying to tell everyone they are wrong about their opinions and then calling out mods is another.

yodafail.gif

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Oh my god! That's it? That's just stupid.

It's part of the mods' job to keep threads on track. It's within their discretion to short-circuit bullshit that causes arguments that don't even have anything to do with the thread's ostensible purpose (a good price on a recently released game).

There are titles that clearly bait a console vs. console mentality, and others that don't. OP could have done the latter, easily.

Is it too much moderation? Some will claim they can't figure out the standards and we'll hear the old refrain of "what, no opinions allowed???" But I don't buy it that people can't figure out how to express their opinions in a manner that is acceptable to the mods.

Bessy67

Was this really worth getting banned over? What an idiot, lol
I mean, you should deal with issues you have with mods in private but I can kinda understand why he was peeved. Calling Forza Horizon 2 the best racing game of the year is really a moddable offense now?

Cripes, OP banned, but then who didn't see it coming after the bias post.

What a waste. Should have realised he was wrong, taken the junior status and left it alone.

Top Bottom