• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V release date - 2/24/15? (From Reddit! Take w/ grain of salt.)

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
exactly which was 3 months after release date announcement. How is late February any different?

Because they announced the GZ release date on December 10th and it released on March 20th. That's an extra 40-odd days compared to what we're looking at now.

Batzi

Banned
What if it releases in 2 months? Do we not want that? Are we going to not buy it? NO. So let's hope it releases ASAP!

RK9039

It's happening.

Rampage-Sweet-Dance-Moves-GIF.gif

Sergiepoo

Wut.

Haven't been following MGSV at all, but is it really that close to completion?

After how long of wait we got with 3 and 4, I don't want to believe.

liquidtmd

Banned
It's a placeholder given due to the fact the original placeholder is about to expire.

It's not further into 2015 because going earlier makes more sense than a later in the year placeholder that ultimately is too cautious.

It's gonna be June.

Kojima also doesn't want to announce a date until they finish the game so it makes sense.

Go gold next month then release in February

Wouldn't leave enough time to manufacturing and distribution.

If they would have to pull a February release, as unlikely as I believe it is, the game would have to be gold this moment with manufacturing beginning first working day available.

And then a impossible intense marketing campaign.

Gestault

Software appears to be Take1 by Selbysoft. Which major chains use this right now? Anyone with an administrative account in that program can make edits/listings on the fly locally.

GZ was just a "demo" and not a multi-million dollar project. Kojima had the opportunity to announce the release date at PSX or VGA and he didn't.

Look at it in context though. GZ is where the hype started for TPP. We have seen TPP and MGO, we know that the ground work on the engine is done and improvements have even been made to it. It's a series where hype doesn't even need to be a thing, it's not like the series has retailer exclusive pre-order crap.

Skullface

It's a placeholder given due to the fact the original placeholder is about to expire.

It's not further into 2015 because going earlier makes more sense than a later in the year placeholder that ultimately is too cautious.

It's gonna be June.

No dude. Check every other retailer. 3/31 is the roll over from 12/31

I think all of Konami's games for the next five years will be using the Fox Engine.

Are they going to license it to other companies? Especially in Japan since I'd figure that's the language the tools are written in.

It runs smoothly on new consoles and seemingly scales well from last-gen consoles to high end PCs. Also I really like the realistic look.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I think all of Konami's games for the next five years will be using the Fox Engine.

This would be great actually, considering just how awesome the Fox Engine is. I mean GZ and PT look amazing and GZ on PC is fantastic. I sense much success.

RangerBAD

Are they going to license it to other companies? Especially in Japan since I'd figure that's the language the tools are written in.

It runs smoothly on new consoles and seemingly scales well from last-gen consoles to high end PCs. Also I really like the realistic look.

Seems like a lot of people are going with Unreal 4. Would be a possibly smart move to put it on the Japanese market.

Sergiepoo

It's been almost seven years since MGS4. Too long.
Sure, but it hasn't been in development that long, has it?

Didn't it take a few years to develop Fox engine and Ground Zeroes?

Just seems like an open world MGS would take a huge amount of time to make, but I would love to be wrong.

Salaadin

I don't see how this release date is impossible. We've had a lot of trailers and plenty of gameplay demos. It's also been 7 years since the last mainline game. Fans are already hyped out of their minds.

Personally, I'm choosing not to believe it. But I don't think it's impossible. Especially considering it's a Kojima game. The normal doesn't usually apply here.

CHC

If this is true.... Ooooooh yeah. It's not like I need any more games around that time but shit, after playing Ground Zeroes on PC this weekend, as well as seeing the MG Online trailer, I'm chomping at the bit for some MGS action.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Then why the call for MGO feedback when the game should be gold by now? And what about the beta test? I can't believe (͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °)

Top Bottom