• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square should release a Final Fantasy I-VI compilation for PS4

I've been playing Pier Solar since it was on sale for PS4 and it really makes me want some classic JRPGs to play on my PS4. Square said they want to grow the Final Fantasy community on PS4 (or something like that) so a compilation of I-VI would be a great addition to that effort. I and II could easily be ports of the PSP versions, V and VI would need graphical updates to be in line with those two games (fuck the mobile versions), while III and IV would be the only ones that they would need to question what to do with. Do they use the 3D remake of III or remake it to match the PSP versions of I and II for consistency and do they use IV The Complete Collection from the PSP or do they use the 3D remake of that game?

So, GAF, would you buy this compilation? And what versions of each game would you want? Would you expect new content in the games?

As a side note, they could also sell the games separately on PSN like what was done with Metro Redux for those that don't want all of the games.

Mr. RHC

Totally.

iLmAyOFGnAGWH.gif

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
It's nice to want things.

If they do port these, they will sell them separately.

Persona7

Banned
They probably make much more money selling them separately on various platforms compared to making a console exclusive compilation.

Zomba13

No.

They will either be bad versions of the originals (like the PS1 versions with the added load times etc) or bad "remakes" where they fuck up the art for mobile platforms (like FFV and FFVI mobile ports) or a mix of that and the DS/mobile/PC versions.

Or they will be re-released one at time.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I missed FFVI so I'd certainly like to play that, I heard the version on the PS Store is pretty bad.

squall211

I'd imagine that we'll be able to play all of the mainline FF games (except maybe XI?) on the PS4 at some point. No way in hell they'd ever do a compilation like that though, as awesome as it would be...

They charge $15-$20 for each one of those games on mobile. Don't expect them to ask for less than that on PS4.

Please be exited for your upcoming $30 FF6 remake.
aka the iOS version

How is pier solar btw.

Much better than this thread turned out... lol
I honestly wasn't thinking of Square pricing when I made the thread, I was thinking in terms of what I think is fair for old games. I have quickly been reminded that Square likes to over charge for stuff.
They should still port the I, II, and IV TCC PSP versions to PS4 as digital titles, those would take minimal effort, as would porting III straight from PC. Yet again though they would have to remake V and VI to match the PSP versions of I and II to be acceptable.

You misspelled "for Vita" and you already can! All the way from Final Fantasy 1-10.

Yep. I have a memory card for Vita that's just IV through IX, and X-2 (X via cart). I've played throughth the first save point on each game and am waiting for the mythical day I have infinite time to replay them again, ha

RexNovis

Banned
I'd rather Sony hurry the hell up and release PSX, PSP, and PS2 emulation support instead. I already own all the way up through 10 digitally via their store for use on my Vita. T'would be nice to be able to play them on my PS4 as well.

I doubt they'd do a compilation but I'm sure the re-releases will keep continuing...

I actually just started playing Final Fantasy IV on my PSP. :)

I'd rather Sony hurry the hell up and release PSX, PSP, and PS2 emulation support instead. I already own all the way up through 10 digitally via their store for use on my Vita. T'would be nice to be able to play them on my PS4 as well.

The problem with that is that the PS1 ports are pretty bad and the PSP versions of I and II aren't available digitally in NA for some reason. The latter could be fixed easily but the former would require reworking of the games. That being said I would love for emulation to come to PS4, and I hadn't really thought about PSP emulation, but that would be awesome.

RexNovis

Banned
The problem with that is that the PS1 ports are pretty bad and the PSP versions of I and II aren't available digitally in NA for some reason. The latter could be fixed easily but the former would require reworking of the games. That being said I would love for emulation to come to PS4, and I hadn't really thought about PSP emulation, but that would be awesome.

There really is no reason it couldn't happen. The hardware is plenty powerful enough for PSX and PSP emulation even if it were just mostly brute forced it would still have overhead to spare. Which makes it all the more maddening that it hasn't been announced/confirmed yet. Sigh...

Laconic

Banned
The only thing I want from Square, as regards the first 6 FFs, is a remake of VI on my 3DS.

I-VI as they stand, are not something I'd put on a 1080 big screen, thank you very much.

And 4 & 6 are in my top 20 games of all time.

(VI is part of a three-way tie for 1st place)

Holmes

FFVII on PS4 will cost $15 (which is too much). I don't know why people are saying other PS4 ports will be $20-$30 aside from being unnecessarily pessimistic and cynical.

synce

I can't see any company bundling 6 completely unrelated RPGs. Maybe a double pack, or 3 games if it's a trilogy, but just because they're old doesn't mean they're worth less than today's games.

Big One

Banned
Of course they will. For 60 bucks, and it'll be the phone versions of the games and for some reason FF3 and 4 are in 3D while everything else in 2D.

Please understand.

Top Bottom