• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Dusk Golem
A 21st Century Rockefeller
(12-28-2014, 03:48 AM)
Capcom updated their Japanese site with some screens of the PS4 pre-order theme you get for Biohazard Remaster HD. However, what caught mine and some others eyes on this one screen in particular was that there appeared to be a Biohazard Zero game icon on their PS4 menu:

Seems its very likely they'll be doing an HD Remaster of Zero once they're done with REmake. The response to Capcom working on this should be interesting, as Zero is probably the most polarizing entry in the series (some love it, others think it's boring).

What do you think of Zero and the nigh-confirmed news that they're probably working on bringing it to HD? Think it's worth to bring forward and help preserve these titles? Never played Zero? Think this could all mean something else? Might be a good time to make this also a Resident Evil Zero thoughts thread, with REmaster so close.

Source: http://www.capcom.co.jp/biohd/ja/news/

Edit:

Originally Posted by Dusk Golem

The image was removed from the site after this whole thing, the original image is here:

Can see what appears to be the biohazard zero logo with the slash through it that Zero's logo does:

As well as what appears to be Rebecca and Billy (though blury to tell) in the Chris/Jill theme pic. Capcom since replaced the image with one lacking it, though, but the image was saved.

Last edited by Dusk Golem; 01-06-2015 at 09:13 PM.
Alcoholikaust
(12-28-2014, 03:49 AM)
bring me RE2 dammit

this is good news though

edit: will rebuy for 4th time.
Last edited by Alcoholikaust; 12-28-2014 at 03:53 AM.
jooey
The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
(12-28-2014, 03:50 AM)
seems like a foregone conclusion.

I liked 0. was it really *that* polarizing?
Carbonox
I loved Zero, would absolutely buy the HD remaster.
Tagyhag
I sure as hell hope not, Zero was the game that made me realize Resident Evil had jumped the shark and the name was dead to me until 4.

Zero being remastered before 2 and 3 is insane.
LiveFromKyoto
make it rain, motherfucker
(12-28-2014, 03:51 AM)
Like almost everybody else in the world, I never played it. Might well check it out
Persona7
Nice. I love Zero.
Nemesis_
I recently replayed Resident Evil Zero and it was definitely a polarising game for me internally. It just didn't have the pizazz or the polish that REmake had and replaying REmake recently with the HD Remaster only confirmed this for me.

What I did appreciate, however, and I acknowledge many did not - was that the enemies in this game were much more organic than in previous games. Almost every enemy in the game is just an animal. I really appreciated the simplicity.

I hated the story and the leeches and the singing and shit though. That was just horrendous.

would buy it anyway
Crimsonclaw111
(12-28-2014, 03:52 AM)
I liked 0 more than 6. So...

I personally liked it and would buy on Steam again easily. Along with CVX HD if/when they get off their asses to port that to PC.
Ralemont
not me

Originally Posted by jooey

seems like a foregone conclusion.

I liked 0. was it really *that* polarizing?

Zero was the game when I knew RE needed to evolve. The whole thing felt so stale to me. Then RE4 came along...

I'm not going to call it a bad game, though.
Love Deterrence
WHAT?! Yes, please!!!! :-) Looking forward to it!!
Shogun1337
Just hurry up and do RE4 and rake in more money than ever before.
plasmawave
(12-28-2014, 03:53 AM)
Zero was just uninspired and boring.
X-Factor
Resident Evil 2 would be a better choice. RE0 is inferior to RE1.
Predwolf
Becca's alt costumes in HD? Yes please.
Dsyndrome
All I remember from the game is a bunch of leaches. Never beat it, so I'd be up for getting the HD game.
IdreamofHIME
(12-28-2014, 03:54 AM)

Originally Posted by Tagyhag

Zero being remastered before 2 and 3 is insane.

What?
RE2 and RE3 would require a shit ton of work and money to remaster, while Zero just needs character models updated, new lighting and maybe voice work.

But yes......'insane'.
Tagyhag

Originally Posted by Shogun1337

4's HD Project is probably better than anything Capcom will ever do with that game.

Bless that team.

Originally Posted by IdreamofHIME

What?
RE2 and RE3 would require a shit ton of work and money to remaster, while Zero just needs character models updated, new lighting and maybe voice work.

But yes......'insane'.

You're definitely right budget-wise (Which makes sense considering the hole Capcom is in now) but it's like jumping from one great game, over 2 good games, and landing straight into a pile of turds.
Last edited by Tagyhag; 12-28-2014 at 03:56 AM.
InfiniteNine
Rolling Girl

Originally Posted by X-Factor

Remastering 2 would actually require significant work unless they pull a Square and release the Source-Next PC port on consoles.
dmr87
(12-28-2014, 03:55 AM)

Originally Posted by X-Factor

Of course, but too much work.
epmode

Originally Posted by Shogun1337

RE4's HD remake is already in development.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=757346
kunonabi
Loved the gameplay in Zero but hated the story. I'm indifferent to a remake since I'm quite content with my GC and Wii versions. If they add co-op that is another matter.
SolarPowered
(12-28-2014, 03:56 AM)
Please please please please

Fuck the haters. I enjoyed RE0 immensely, even if RE4 blew our collective souls and minds. It was no REMake, but as a survival horror and co-op game it was fantastic in my book. The setting and graphics were also beautifully crafted considering how they moved from the basic mansion formula to a train. Too bad they probably don't have the original assets for this either.

If Capcom can add online co-op somehow I'll consider this a better deal than REMake PC.
fart town usa
(12-28-2014, 03:56 AM)
Did a complete playthrough of Zero just a few nights ago, first time I ever beat it.

I really enjoyed it, kind of dragged towards the end and the story is 'meh' but good lord that game is gorgeous. Not really scary at all but definitely one of the most difficult classic style RE games IMO.

I'd welcome an HD remaster with open arms, and an open wallet.
Nemesis_
(12-28-2014, 03:57 AM)

Originally Posted by SolarPowered

The setting and graphics were also beautifully crafted considering how they moved from the basic mansion formula to a train.

Have you, umm, played it?
TheSeks
Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
(12-28-2014, 03:57 AM)
While I didn't like 0, fine with me. Bring it to more platforms than Nintendo is A-OKAY with me.

Now just remake Bio2-3, goddamn it.
Tizoc
Memb-
(12-28-2014, 03:58 AM)
I'm down, here's hoping for a PS4 ver.
Rhapsody
I never finished 0, but now's a good opportunity to. It's not a bad game, but nowhere near as interesting as REmake.

I wasn't too much of a fan of the partner stuff. It was one of the weaker RE games for the classic style for me.
Green Card
I liked Zero will get it at release if there is a physical copy.
BY2K
Membero Americo
(12-28-2014, 03:59 AM)
Remake 2, you assholes!
Mikel1015
Banned
(12-28-2014, 04:00 AM)
But not Megaman Zero? ;) :(
LiquidSolid
(12-28-2014, 04:02 AM)
Zero was easily the worst game in the original style. The opening was pretty incredible but man, things sure went to downhill fast after that.

Having said that, I'd still buy a HD re-release. Bad old school RE > Modern generic shooter RE.
Piano
Foie Gras For Free!
The train section was fantastic.
Once you get off the train the whole game starts to go downhill.
BasilZero
Great news!

I loved Zero and it was the first RE game I played/finished :P

Hopefully for PC too just like the others ;o
Ysiadmihi
Neat. I never got around to play this one. Hopefully it's on PC (not much reason it wouldn't be, I guess).
Ninja Scooter
bow down to the
Kings in Raider hats
(12-28-2014, 04:03 AM)
I'd try it out if they give you alternative controls. I skipped Zero on GameCube because they got rid of Type C and went back to shitty tanks only.
DedValve

Originally Posted by Dusk Golem

Seems its very likely they'll be doing an HD Remaster of Zero once they're done with REmake. The response to Capcom working on this should be interesting, as Zero is probably the most polarizing entry in the series (some love it, others think it's boring).

Source: http://www.capcom.co.jp/biohd/ja/news/

If we are talking about classics then sure, RE0 and CVX are polarizing.

I'd be down for it though, I really dug zero and honestly can't remember much. A playthrough is in order to really seep in the good and bad.

Also HOW DO I GET THAT THEME. Is it only JP pre-orders?
Dusk Golem
A 21st Century Rockefeller

Originally Posted by Piano

The train section was fantastic.
Once you get off the train the whole game starts to go downhill.

More like it goes off the rails, based on where it's story ends up going.
SolarPowered

Originally Posted by Nemesis_

Have you, umm, played it?

Yes, and I think I did everything except 100% of the leech hunt (I think my max was 98 leeches). REMake was amazing, but I really enjoyed RE0's train car sections a lot. It was a very different feeling and the last thing I expected from a survival horror game, especially since city kids like me were pretty much used to standard city trains. It was a real great effort even if it was just an early part of RE0.

I know that was just one part of the game, but it was fresh and interesting to me. I'd have to replay it again to see the game in it's entirety.
UltraGunner
(12-28-2014, 04:04 AM)
Nice!

One step closer to REmake 2 right?
RoyaleDuke
(12-28-2014, 04:05 AM)
Awesome I loved RE:0 almost as much as REmake, so I am definitely looking forward to this!
AmethystEnd
(12-28-2014, 04:05 AM)
Love Zero. Will buy again.
lachesis
(12-28-2014, 04:06 AM)
well it's a good news for me I guess... never played Zero although I had bought it for my GC- then sold the GC due to the Wii BC. Then my Wii was taken by my nephew and my Wii U doesn't have BC (unless I do home-brew, which I'm not too comfortable doing so.)
Finaika
(12-28-2014, 04:07 AM)
REro
Hero_of_the_Day
(12-28-2014, 04:07 AM)
Well damn, getting a copy of the original has been on my list of shit to do as I've never finished it. Now I'll have to wait it out.
Nemesis_
(12-28-2014, 04:08 AM)

Originally Posted by SolarPowered

Yes, and I think I did everything except 100% of the leech hunt (I think my max was 98 leeches). REMake was amazing, but I really enjoyed RE0's train car sections a lot. It was a very different feeling and the last thing I expected from a survival horror game, especially since city kids like me were pretty much used to standard city trains. It was a real great effort even if it was just an early part of RE0.

I know that was just one part of the game, but it was fresh and interesting to me. I'd have to replay it again to see the game in it's entirety.

It was just such a small part of the game though, I'm surprised it left such a lasting impression on somebody :P

But yeah I get what you mean, I guess. I just wish they did more of it. I actually thought Zero was a little too reliant on the typical tropes / structure of the games and that's why people found it stale at the time.

But that RE2 cock tease was just the worst. I will never forgive Capcom for that :(
Dimmle
This is probably the worst traditional RE. It's not bad, though.
Akibared
I love Zero I'm always surprised to see people don't like it.
entremet
(12-28-2014, 04:09 AM)

Originally Posted by Alcoholikaust

bring me RE2 dammit

this is good news though

edit: will rebuy for 4th time.

That would need a remake. It's a PS1 generation game so an HD up res would not really help too much.
GoldandBlue
(12-28-2014, 04:09 AM)
Never played it so if it hits Steam I'll give it a shot.