• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phawx

Worth a $1 or not really?

I thought I had voted for this on Greenlight, but apparently there's a sequel that hasn't been Greenlit yet, and that's the one I voted for (I also voted for Jump/Boxer a long time ago). Very strange. The company, Blaze Epic, seems to specialize in these 8-bit wannabes. I'm not sure if they're cool or lazy.

At the $1 price, I almost assume the dev knows what it's worth. It might get bundled are get 90% off some day.

It feels like a NES game. Not a good NES game, but not a bad one. It's almost like a B-team within Konami of the late 80's made a NES game.

vermadas

This will turn bad when you'll lose 100000 souls.

w7mtz.jpg

Phawx

i found out I can hold my kid and play Dark Souls at the same time. This is excellent news.

True story, I beat Darksiders 1 on 360 when my son was one month old while he was in my arms so I could let my wife get some sleep.

Nowadays I only play around midnight because the kids forcefully won't let me play :/

titch

ExoSou'l Seal of Approval

Result!!!

True story, I beat Darksiders 1 on 360 when my son was one month old while he was in my arms so I could let my wife get some sleep.

Nowadays I only play around midnight because the kids forcefully won't let me play :/

I just made sure i got my two into gaming - nowadays they are either on the 3DS or 360, even managed to cobble together a couple of old Pro 2 Duo's that play some decent indie/old titles to introduce them to PC gaming. That way i'm left to do my own thing.

Spares:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Foosball - Street Edition -- MB-27D28F6FDDC88C09 - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.
99 Spirits -- MB-F76138BC4E9CA159 - Taken by Messiah. 2 entrants total.
Fly'N -- MB-F6AD07B53F3A73EA - Taken by Scipius. 1 entrants total.
Desert Ashes -- MB-2EF848D62B73DD5B - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Chicken Shoot Gold -- MB-9451C6CDB79915C9 - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
Poof vs The Cursed Kitty -- MB-0458FD1377EEC717 - Taken by lindarasta. 1 entrants total.
Governor of Poker 2 Premium Edition -- MB-3DBEFC492EF4F6E5 - Taken by Seraphis Cain. 1 entrants total.
Robot Rescue Revolution -- MB-17DE3C9351EF7A59 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
LEVEL 22 -- MB-079E771A15235D0E - Taken by Madridista. 1 entrants total.
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves -- MB-C81F4514439695B2 - Taken by Mr. Doop. 1 entrants total.
New Star Soccer 5 -- MB-5481C3E9AF454D73 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 1 entrants total.

t1422643874z1.png

Jawmuncher

Hey guys I have some great news. I turn 30 today and while that is not that good, I bought my 1st house. It's a studio apartment so nothing too big. After many years of saving and some help from my parents
and a loan
I finally have my own place.

Have at it

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¡¡!¡
Also a studio apartment sounds awesome.

73V3N

Banned
I don't want to play life is strange yet cause playfire is probably going to add money for achivements soon.

this is so dumb

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh, right, Raven's Cry is releasing today (in ~73 minutes, in fact). Given the absence of AssCreed Rogue I might give it a whirl.

I wonder if you can just make your profile private until that happens.

GMG's little crawler reads the achievement unlock time stamp, which is impossible to fake.

inm8num2

So I put about 5 hours into Cinders, got a few endings. It was nice enough, but I wasn't really engaged by the whole concept. Is it safe to just give up on VNs as a genre?

And by VNs I mean this choose-your-own adventure style, not things like Danganronpa where there is actual gameplay.

I did one playthrough of Cinders and liked it for what it was, but I found myself becoming impatient while clicking and reading. I was interested but not necessarily engaged.

Still, it was a nice take on the Cinderella story and had some great music.

kevin1025

Banned
First thing I actually thought If when MMBosstones86 said he played games with his kid.
z45zuxtkfx6bu7wenirb.jpg

That bothered me so much during the movie, I don't know what they were thinking.

I'm in for Never Alone and I just noticed the price on Virtua Tennis 4! Now to decide if I want Grim Fandango on PC or PS4...

73V3N

Banned
You can, also they usually make achievements retroactive for new games anyway.

well, with resident evil they gave money for burning two zombies at once, and days later added rewards for the "burning a zombie" achivement.. so weird.

(That last achivement didn't count cause I had already unlocked it days before )

thanks for the answers anyway :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Grow Home is available for pre-order at Nuuvem (~$7). No word on any sort of region lock yet.

Ubi doesn't region-lock its BR subs and none of its cheaper games actually have one.

Edit: I still can't quite believe that the game is Steamworks considering it's an internal project.

Phawx

Kind of wish I would have jumped on that cheap Dying Light bandwagon. Game looks really fun to play co-op.

So. Because I also do stuff with a blog, I actually have an extra key.
But, per the terms, I kind of have to do a promo event with it and I don't like blasting giveaways on twitter because you only wind up getting grubbers. So I think I'm going to do a surprise vid for my subs over the weekend.

Chariot

Huh, dev is not sleeping. Not even two hours and Darkest Dungeon got it's first update.

--
I got pretty jelly when I saw you playing. That's one of my more anticipated games this year, glad to hear it's challenging.
Yeah, no worries about it being too easy :D I almost died in the tutorial. Hopefully they don't make it easier, I imagine a lot of crybabies as soon as it launches on the 3rd.

git gud, n00b!! :p
I'm trying. D,

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Ubi doesn't region-lock its BR subs and none of its cheaper games actually have one.

Edit: I still can't quite believe that the game is Steamworks considering it's an internal project.

maybe ubi is finally getting ready to take u
dont
play behind the woodshed and end its suffering ... ;)

Oh, right, Raven's Cry is releasing today (in ~73 minutes, in fact). Given the absence of AssCreed Rogue I might give it a whirl.

I hope Raven's Cry is good.. but I have my doubts. Has there been any previews of the game anywhere?

It'd almost be worth buying just for the soundtrack. (Assuming they don't cheap out like Dragon Age: Inquisition and actually include the tavern songs.)

Jawmuncher

CDPR dropped "3" from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt now is only The Witcher: Wild Hunt.

http://thewitcher.com/witcher3/#home

I guess some of the SteamGAF members would not like this because there is potential that order of games in library will be messed now :D

They did this just because of the PS4 version, since they know it'll get a lot of sales there and having a 3 on it would hurt more than anything since the other 2 were never on the system.

I personally don't care what it's called. Could be Geralt Gets Naked with the witch and I'll play it if it's good.

It's a smart move to drop the sequel number so as to not alienate new gamers interested in the series and given that the witcher is making it's first appearance on a Sony system I'll let it be.

But we all know it's the Witcher 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom