• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread 2: I Got 99 Pre-orders But A Rosalina Ain't One

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADGAME

Amiibo OT3: Bring your pepper spray

Gosh I hope there are no fights. Really hope I don't see one. Especially hope I'm not in one.

Might need to have the 'ol camera ready to record

Honestly though, I'm with you. If it ever came to the point of a mob mentality and aggression over them, it's time to have some dignity and step away.

Ignition365

Neo Member
I hate that I'm going to do it... but I'm probably going to be lined up at Target like an hour before opening...

I'm gonna bring my 3DS and headphones so I atleast have something to do.

Sora_N

Bowser and Sheik x 2 from EBGames.ca
Toon Link x 1 for EBGames pick-up

Samus, Ike and DDD from Amazon.ca
DDD and Rosalina from Amiami

Shulk from a fellow GAFer locally also! :)

Megaman and Sonic are delayed...but that's ok I have 2 x MM and 1 Sonic preordered.

Just gonna try to get another Ike tomorrow!

Cytezan

The itch to reach to reach intothe monitor and take those stickers off....

Haha, I knew as i was uploading that pic someone would say that. :)

Those stickers are gone now... but still not sure ill be keeping them in the boxes anyway. I'm moving house in the next few months so it's boxes until then and then it will be time to decide.

I do think they will look much better unboxed.

Sora_N

Amiibo OT3: I'm done with Amiibo! Ooo is that Lucina?

image.php

ZeroX03

Banned
Going to pick up some Rosalina from the store! I looked at shipping them out to the States and Canada but the price wasn't pretty unfortunately.

Porcile

Amiibo Discussion |OT3| Amiibo Discussion |OT3| I have a spare title.

or

Amiibo Discussion |OT3| Amiibo Discussion |OT3| I bought two.

Piscus

Here's a random request from a US GAFer. Can we gather up people's experiences with different sellers and how they've packaged the boxes? I've seen horror stories about Amazon folding the amiibo's cardboard over just to fit the boxes... But what about when you order more than one from them? What about Best Buy? Target? Toys R Us? Gamestop? What do they each do when they ship one, and what do they do when they ship multiples at once? Who can you recommend, and who do you despise? Make sure you mention your region, too.

Ignition365

Neo Member
Nope. Order away!

However, you will get banned if you try and cancel a preorder. So only preorder what you really want.

Do they really? That seems messed up. I've bought from them on many occasions, but it is really really easy to forget you preordered something from them because they don't really update you or let you know you preordered or even what it is going to cost before you order.

FaintDeftone

Here's a random request from a US GAFer. Can we gather up people's experiences with different sellers and how they've packaged the boxes? I've seen horror stories about Amazon folding the amiibo's cardboard over just to fit the boxes... But what about when you order more than one from them? What about Best Buy? Target? Toys R Us? Gamestop? What do they each do when they ship one, and what do they do when they ship multiples at once? Who can you recommend, and who do you despise? Make sure you mention your region, too.

I ordered an Amiibo from Amazon and the package was ripped open. They ended up refunding me and letting me keep the Amiibo.

I ordered one from TRU and it was very well packaged with a lot of padding and the packaging was pristine.

I can't remember who but one retailer put two Amiibo side by side with the top cardboard bent slightly. I just had to unbend in and it was fine, no creases.

Amazon.fr I want to say had the worst as there was paper protection but no bubble wrap. My Marth, Villager, and WFT were nearly destroyed.

Target, TRU, GS, Amazon.com were all perfect for me.

Amazon is probably the best as they give the best sized cardboard boxes plus bubble wrap.

Best Buy: I have some Wave 3s preordered so we'll see! I've heard they ship in mailer bags and not cardboard.... I also have preorders coming in from wal mart.

Am I missing one? Hmm...

I am in the Bay Area.

Horohoro

I can't remember who but one retailer put two Amiibo side by side with the top cardboard bent slightly. I just had to unbend in and it was fine, no creases.

Amazon.fr I want to say had the worst as there was paper protection but no bubble wrap. My Marth, Villager, and WFT were nearly destroyed.

Target, TRU, GS, Amazon.com were all perfect for me.

Amazon is probably the best as they give the best sized cardboard boxes plus bubble wrap.

Best Buy: I have some Wave 3s preordered so we'll see! I've heard they ship in mailer bags and not cardboard....

Am I missing one? Hmm...

Walmart shipping sucks! They cram it into a bubble mailer and it gets destroyed every time.

we are already about to have a 3rd thread? my goodness

It's cuz of people like GreenWolfe7 and Azula/Mononoke that we move so fast through these threads!

Jk I am 3rd just as guilty :)

But yeah pretty good timing. We started OT2 at about the end of Wave 2? About to start OT3 at the start of Wave 3. OT2 is kind of the filler thread. It's ON in OT3! Yes we probably will be on OT5 by the time Wave 4 is released. OT4 will be all about When the F are preorders coming?!?

Arc07

Wave 1 from Amazon was perfect. All the amiibo in a single large box with plenty of bagged air (is that what it's called?) Wave 2 had scattered shipment dates from Amazon but each one was good in the smaller boxes. Ordered two Pits from Walmart.com and they were packaged very good. Captain Falcon from TRU's eBay page was badly packaged and got dinged up pretty hard during shipment. I worry about the Lucario I got from their eBay page. :/

Ignition365

Neo Member
It's cuz of people like GreenWolfe7 and Azula/Mononoke that we move so fast through these threads!

Jk I am 3rd just as guilty :)

But yeah pretty good timing. We started OT2 at about the end of Wave 2? About to start OT3 at the start of Wave 3. OT2 is kind of the filler thread. It's ON in OT3! Yes we probably will be on OT5 by the time Wave 4 is released. OT4 will be all about When the F are preorders coming?!?

What's the thread limit that pushes it to a new thread?

Ludist210

The two I got from Amazon were packaged fine. The one I got from Toys R Us was great! The rest I bought in-store.

I ordered Captain Falcon from Amazon just after Christmas and he was packaged perfectly. Was in an A1 box and surrounded by airbags. They shipped him out via UPS.

I have Pit coming from Gamestop, also through UPS, so I'll see how he's packaged when he arrives.

I live in the East Bay of the San Francisco Bay Area.

All my other amiibo have been bought in-store, minus Little Mac, who was a gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom