• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil debuting on Netflix on April 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per Cornballer in the other thread:
HitFixDaniel said:
April 10 is your “Daredevil” premiere date for #Netflix. #TCA15

lcFJWLh.jpg

First Teaser:

Many thanks to Pai Pai Master!

542ed48348f71.jpg

Marvel's DAREDEVIL will premiere April 10th on NETFLIX. The entire season will be available from day one.

Showrunner - Steven DeKnight (Spartacus)

Starring:
Charlie Cox - Matt Murdock
Rosario Dawson - Claire Temple
Vincent D'Onofrio - Wilson Fisk (Kingpin)
Elden Henson - Foggy Nelson
Deborah Ann Woll - Karen Page

DAREDEVIL was filmed in New York City and is part of Marvel's Netflix initiative featuring THE DEFENDERS, a team of "street-level" Marvel heroes working the crime-riddled streets of New York. The Defenders will include:

Daredevil
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage AKA Power Man
The Immortal Iron Fist

DAREDEVIL tells the story of Matt Murdock, a NY lawyer who as a child was permanently blinded by an accident involving radioactive material. The effects of the exposure caused him to develop a "radar-vision" which alongside his other heightened senses allows him to operate as the so-called "Man Without Fear," using his father "Battlin'" Jack Murdock's teachings to rid Hell's Kitchen of its crime infestation.

The Netflix series is expected to pull from the iconic Frank Miller "Man Without Fear" run, and DeKnight says it will focus on Kingpin's "origin" as New York's most feared crime boss, just as much as Daredevil's.

27.jpg

daredevil-charlie-cox.jpg

Charlie Cox as Marvel's DAREDEVIL

Boem

Is this one of those deals where all the episodes are released at once or are they going to release it on a weekly basis?

Wiktor

Great. Not the biggest fan of Agents of Shield, but Agent Carter was ridiculously fun, so I'm excited to see more of Marvel on TV, especially coming from Spartacus showrunner :)

Boem

Is there any sort of timeline on when we can expect the other Netflix shows? I haven't exactly kept up with the news on all this. I like the Marvel stuff enough to watch it all at least once. I'm not as big of a fan as a lot of people seem to be, but it's a fun guilty pleasure for me. Still incredibly surprised by how much I'm liking the second season of AoS. I think I like these kind of stories better in an episodic format, as opposed to the movies.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I'm ready to see some footage now!

I havent followed this at all...is he going to wear the actual daredevil costume or just that black one? is the black one a proto daredevil costume a la man without fear?

Will this be an episode a week or will all episodes be available from day one?

Surprised it's so soon. What are the chances we see the Jessica Jones and/or Luke Cage shows this year as well?

Is there any sort of timeline on when we can expect the other Netflix shows? I haven't exactly kept up with the news on all this. I like the Marvel stuff enough to watch it all at least once. I'm not as big of a fan as a lot of people seem to be, but it's a fun guilty pleasure for me. Still incredibly surprised by how much I'm liking the second season of AoS. I think I like these kind of stories better in an episodic format, as opposed to the movies.

It sounds like we will get 2 per year, so it's possible that Jessica Jones will start filming maybe in the spring/summer and will launch later this year. If I had to guess:

Daredevil - April 10th
Jessica Jones - Winter 2015
Luke Cage - Spring 2016
Iron Fist - Winter 2016
Defenders - Fall 2017

Surprised it's so soon. What are the chances we see the Jessica Jones and/or Luke Cage shows this year as well?

Like other Netflix shows the whole season will be available day one.

Blader

Jessica Jones is already confirmed to release this year. Cage and Iron Fist will probably wait til next year.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
Agent Carter in January, SHIELD returning in March, Daredevil in April, Avengers in May, Ant-Man in July, and the possibility of AKA Jessica Jones later in the year.

This is going to be a Marvellous year, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom