• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snail W3D android gaming smartphone

bomblord1

Banned
An Android gaming smartphone. This thing has control sticks built in, glassless 3D, and has a good 5.5" screen. It seems to take ques from the 3DS, Vita, and is an android smartphone. From previews it seems to be pretty awesome it will release fairly soon in China and the manufacturer wants to bring it to the U.S. price and release date in the U.S. are currently undetermined. This is honestly something I've been wanting to see for a while instead of a add-on that may or may not be supported it's built straight into the phone and it's not like the Playstation Phone's subpar controls.

w3d.jpg

more here

shockdude

Do we know the specs yet? It's no good having a smartphone with gamepad buttons if it doesn't work well as a smartphone.
IIRC there are apps that can map gamepad buttons to touchscreen inputs. If those apps are compatible with this phone's buttons, that'd be pretty significant imo.

nampad

The Android handhelds from Snail are super expensive. I don't see this smartphone being different from their previous devices so even so this device looks nice, I don't get hyped about it.

If its using a 64bit CPU or GPU or w/e and is running Android 5.0.2. I'm all for it.

Why isn't Sony converting its Vita into this?

Want this but..

5.5 inch screen makes this MASSIVE

Which mean Xperia Play holds the throne for best Android Gaming Phone ever made....

THEY ARE SO CLOSE though

Just need to tighten it up a bit more

bomblord1

Banned
Want this but..

5.5 inch screen makes this MASSIVE

Which mean Xperia Play holds the throne for best Android Gaming Phone ever made....

THEY ARE SO CLOSE though

Just need to tighten it up a bit more

Holy Thread Bump Batman.

Yea it is a neat looking little device though.

Top Bottom