• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Top 10 Most Anticipated Games of 2015

KageMaru

Good list overall, 2015 is going to be a great year. I don't even own a XBO but I'm kind of sad that Phantom Dust didn't make the list. Though I guess it's a niche game.

Only game that has me shaking my head is this:

The Order: 1886 - Top 10

whats-wrong-with-you.gif

Guess graphics means more than gameplay for a few on GAF. Everything about the gameplay looks so uninspired and just boring. Shame since that means another game got robbed from being on the list.

Mifune

Mehmber
The issue with the order placing high isn't fanboys, it's people who value style far more than actual substance. It looks absolutely awful as a video game and seems to not care about delivering a good gameplay experience as opposed to a cinematic one

There are many different games that fit your narrow definition of what a good game is. Play one of those instead.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I followed that thread very closely, lot's of people don't even have UC4 in their post but have MGSV.

I demand a recount.
leuhkikcskn4ayu7m.gif

Interesting list. Quite different from what mine would be. Only two titles in the top 20 that I'm likely to even play in 2015.

Moofers

No sign of Mortal Kombat X on there. Boooo! Booooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Shame on you all, GAF!

*runs off to make sure he actually voted for MKX*

I followed that thread very closely, lot's of people don't even have UC4 in their post but have MGSV.

I demand a recount.
leuhkikcskn4ayu7m.gif

Haha! To be honest - UC4 probably won out because of how many first, second, or third mentions it got. Even if it was rarer than MSG V overall, those top spots carried weight.

Krakn3Dfx

Halo 5 nshould have been higher imo, but besides that, it's a damn fine list.

Boy am I excited for Zelda.

Given Halo 4's reception and then the Halo MCC debacle, I can't understand why it wouldn't be. 343 still needs to prove themselves.

I think you answered your own question.
So because I dislike one extremely specific type of practice in games, I have a narrow definition of what a great game is? LOL. Maybe it's you who have a narrow definition of great games. I love games in a ton of genres, and I can acknowledge when a game is good even if it's not in a genre I personally like. This is just one example of something I consider an awful practice in games

Skyzard

Banned
I played it with some good guys that knew what they were doing. I think the core game is awesome. The problem is the asking price mixed with the active community after initial release. And the hype from everyone may have caused a lot of damage.

I'll own it on Steam during a good sale though!

When you say active community, you mean that the userbase numbers will be low when it releases?

The price is a tad steep (£35 here in UK, not too bad imo) for what you are getting at release considering the monsters will be paid DLC and we won't be getting loads of them at release.
At least the maps will be free and you can still play against people who bought (and are using) DLC characters.

It was so fun for me though, definitely jumping in at that price day1.

weekev

Banned
Solid top 10, only 1 out of them I have doubts about is no mans sky. Good job Shinobi, heres hoping the majority of these games actually release this year.

Blobbers

Sony exclusives receiving mad heat in this thread. It's just a poll guys, I doesn't have to mean a thing if you don't want it to.

MSI

Banned
That Top 10 is almost exactly how I'd rank them . . .this feels weird. I feel like I'm supposed to complain about a Top 10 list. Damn it!

delSai

Nice to see The Order at 10, i expected it to not even be on the List. I agree with most of it, may 2015 be a great year for videogames.

Game4life

Banned
UC4 hell yeah! It has a chance to be the definitive TPS going by that UC4 demo and the gameinformer details. Such fulidity in the combat. Cant freaking wait for the game! Good list overall except for the Order which I dont know how it ended up in the top 10.

Sony exclusives receiving mad heat in this thread. It's just a poll guys, I doesn't have to mean a thing if you don't want it to.

If by Sony exclusives you mean the order, and only the order is getting a lot of flak, then yes. UNless by mad heat you mean hype, in which case never mind

Freeman

Banned
Damn good list.

Guess graphics means more than gameplay for a few on GAF. Everything about the gameplay looks so uninspired and just boring. Shame since that means another game got robbed from being on the list.
That's like you opinion bro, to me that are plenty of thing on that game that look great and RaD never disappointed. As far as shooters go this looks like the sort that I like.,

Games are not just graphics or gameplay.

. Shame since that means another game got robbed from being on the list.

"but I'm kind of sad that Phantom Dust didn't make the list"

That's because it's not a 2015 game

"Guess graphics means more than gameplay for a few on GAF. Everything about the gameplay looks so uninspired and just boring"

The gunplay looked awesome to me and Gaf psx impressions on the gameplay were great.

EagleEyes

Hard to believe after seeing actual gameplay of the 2 games that one would put The Order ahead of Quantum Break. Then again the force is strong with the PS4 on this forum. I agree with number one though, Uncharted 4 is going to be amazing I think.

Game4life

Banned
Hard to believe after seeing actual gameplay of the 2 games that one would put The Order ahead of Quantum Break. Then again the force is strong with the PS4 on this forum. I agree with number one though, Uncharted 4 is going to be amazing I think.

Both Order and Quantam Break did not deserve a place in the top 20 in my opinion. Both look like uninspired generic shooters.

Begaria

Interesting to see The Order drop from #7 to #10 and MGS5 raise from #10 to #2 from 2014 to 2015.

Edit: Woops, that was MGS5: Ground Zeroes at #10. My bad.

Bauzzer

Banned
I expected there to be many more Xbox titles! Very Playstation / Multiplatform dominated besides Zelda!

I am afraid that the Witcher 3 won't live up to Witcher 2. Witcher 2 almost brought the studio to its knees, and took everything the team had - Now they are trying, by being outrageously ambitious in an open world to 5up themselves. Much bigger game, much more content, but can the quality remain?
It's not a question if there will be compromises - It's a question of where the compromises will be! Witcher 2 was perhaps the most competent modern gaming narrative I've seen from a cinematic and story development standpoint. Its antagonist shines while most games remain in the Saturday morning campy villain territory.
I fear it will be more like Oblivion - More shallow, less quality and worse pacing than had it been a linear fixed experience. When open world games go wrong, they tend to go really wrong.

It just doesn't make sense that you get a bigger budget and throw more people at the development. It often doesn't work itself out that way. Ubisoft and EA titles are a testament to that. If it worked like that Assassins Creed Unity would have been best game evar.

I'm still very hopeful and excited. But I fully expect something significant to be lost from Witcher 2. If there won't be. If they somehow can maintain the extremely high level of Witcher 2 (in areas outside combat, which seems to be more of the same in 3) in story and side quests and world design and lore, and VA/Cinematics, editing, audio-visuals, score, to the pacing of the narrative and the impactful choices you get to make, but now just 5-10 as large.
It doesn't make sense. Skyrims story is so-so but it's despite everything. It's main story is shit, the quests are a mess and a afterthought. I would hate to see Witcher 3 become that. Expectations are sky high! It truly would be a triumph if they could do it!

CD projekt was near bankruptcy thanks to french company which fucked witcher 1 conosle port. Much money and time was lost, 2 expansions first game was canceled. Witcher 2 was rushed and 4 act was cut off.
Only thing that saved cd was getting on stock and money which commend from it.

Just imagine this piece of shit World without Witcher 2, GOG, Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077

Floridian

Both Order and Quantam Break did not deserve a place in the top 20 in my opinion. Both look like uninspired generic shooters.

Quantum Break is generic? Idk if you've seen the 16 minute gameplay vid on it or not but from what i've seen I wouldn't call it generic.

Top Bottom