• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Afro Perseus AKA Funk of Titans (XB1)

EBE

YOUTUBE
releases tomorrow. $10 i think. i hope.
taking a class on the social, cultural, and political history of ancient greece - i hope this lives up to those same academic standards

"hello mortals! im zeus. yup, that motherf*cking zeus!"

NateDrake

Looks really average.

It is. The game will take about 3hrs to complete with maybe an additional 2hrs if you want to 100% each level. I was letdown by the game that's about Funk has such a bland soundtrack. The world of Pop Music has no Pop sounding music. Rap World has no rap. Rock World has no rock.

I'll Twitch stream some of the game later today if people want to see it.

Allforce

I felt really uncomfortable listening to to that voice over by Zeus, like it was a white guy trying to do his best "black" voice...

I guess that parity clause was worth it when you get gems like this first on XBox One.

NateDrake

The soundtrack is the worst offender. I feel like it wanted to be a music game, but it didn't have any music to back it up.

Had each level been done like HarmoKnight with some catchy tunes that matched the musical-themed world, it would have been much better. A Lady Gaga looking Music Titan was clever but the battles are dull.

yopmoi

I wanna try!

So much funk!

tumblr_me5v7u7kN01rdx5jfo1_400.gif

Bgamer90

Banned
I love the concept but the game itself looks pretty dull/generic.

Will wait for more reviews.

I guess that parity clause was worth it when you get gems like this first on XBox One.

Not to derail the thread but everyone should keep an eye out for #IDARB. Got an early code and the game is so much fun -- definitely a "gem".

Cardon

Conceptually it seems interesting, but the gameplay doesn't look that fun based on the vid. Also seems like there could have been more room to explore the central concept in a way that would've added some dimension to it.

Had each level been done like HarmoKnight with some catchy tunes that matched the musical-themed world, it would have been much better. A Lady Gaga looking Music Titan was clever but the battles are dull.

That's exactly what I was expecting before I sat down to play the game. Something akin to Bit.Trip Runner. The Titan designs are kinda cool, but in the end they do nothing with it.

wait, is there actual character control or not?

Is it a constant-runner where you just attack and jump?

Yes. All you do is attack and jump. The game will change your direction should you need it.

Naeval

That's exactly what I was expecting before I sat down to play the game. Something akin to Bit.Trip Runner. The Titan designs are kinda cool, but in the end they do nothing with it.

Yes. All you do is attack and jump. The game will change your direction should you need it.

The idea behind the music is to offer Funky music all the time, and pop-rap-rock in the fights with the titans, only in their part.

I think Damian (the musician) did a good work :D

yurinka

Played it some time ago in some game event. It's fun and looks cool, I think it's a good choice for people who miss the old school stuff.

Obviously visuals and mechanics are modern, but has something that reminds me the 16 bit 2D platforming games, which is great.

Top Bottom