• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wet Hot American Summer - 8-episode Netflix series begins filming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Well it's not as if there's a whole lot of elaborate post production work to be done.

You mean they're not digitally turning back the clock on the actors' faces to make them look like their former selves? Ugh, I'm not watching this now.

Just finished it. Damn this movie holds up under repeat viewings and I've seen it at least five times. Had to watch that teaser trailer for the series again too, such a great get hype trailer. Really impressive they got everybody back together for this.

It's kinda crazy that this just got announced and it's coming out in a few months. Did they have a script in place? How did the match up the schedules of all these people? (I'd imagine Bradley Cooper is pretty business nowadays). Also, I haven't seen any behind the scenes pics.

B_HkSqOXAAERpJi.png

cast pic.

Jag

The guy on the far right was Sam from Freaks and Geeks right? Didn't he do the voice of the microphone kid. Wonder if he is actually in this one.

Mdot

Random story: we ran into the little kid that was in Molly Shannon's class at a Yankee game once (talking old Stadium here, so prob 8 or so years ago). My friend recognized him and bought him a beer. His friends were like, "dude, he knows who you are!" Pretty funny.

big ander

It's kinda crazy that this just got announced and it's coming out in a few months. Did they have a script in place? How did the match up the schedules of all these people? (I'd imagine Bradley Cooper is pretty business nowadays). Also, I haven't seen any behind the scenes pics.
It seemed like Wain got it together a long while ago. I remember cryptic tweets from people who ended up writing the series like Jake Fogelnest from over a year ago, seems like First Day of Camp is what they were about.

I thought this was worth sharing, so Bradley Cooper was only available for one day of shooting, to the surprise of no one. Did it turn into an Arrested Development Netflix situation though? Apparently not...

Does that mean, then, that we won't be seeing very much of Cooper's fussy camp counselor Ben when Wet Hot's eight-episode season debuts? Surprisingly, it doesn't. Wet Hot director David Wain and co-writer Michael Showalter plotted out the entire series in advance — pulling liberally from the script they'd previously drawn up for a big-screen sequel — so that when stars like Poehler and Paul Rudd managed to find three or four days to come shoot, they could film all of their scenes in the series at once. That way, Wet Hot could duck some of the criticisms leveled at Arrested Development's Netflix revival, where that show's busy actors were mostly confined to stand-alone episodes instead of interacting with each other.

http://www.vulture.com/2015/03/bradley-cooper-netflix-wet-hot-american-summer.html

Sounds like they really planned this well for everybody's schedules. Cooper's character was never a standout for Wet Hot and had a pretty minor part opposed to the AD characters but still, pretty cool they were able to schedule the shooting so they could get scenes from him for multiple episodes.

Burt

B_HkSqOXAAERpJi.png

cast pic.

I was going to say that this is one of the most awesome cast pics I'd ever seen.

Then I saw Michael Ian Black's face. Every time I see him or hear him, he comes off as the most joyless comedian in the world, bitter that his comedy isn't respected as the finest of the fine.

So seeing him perfectly capture that expression in a single bland smile might just elevate this picture from "one of" the most awesome cast pics to just "the" most awesome cast pic.

Damn, I just found out about this somehow. This is very, very exciting news. Sorry for the random bump, but I feel like getting more eyes on this is always a good thing.

Rootbeer

Banned
Definitely watch it... I don't think it lives up to the cast... but if you consider it was made before most of them gained the acclaim they have now, it has a certain charm to it.

And if you have any interest at all in the series, you absolutely must watch the movie first... there are sure to be lots of callbacks.

While the movie took place on the last day of camp at Camp Firewood, the series WHAS-3940.CR2takes place on the first day of camp, back in 1981. “In real life we’re 15 years older but in the show we’re playing two months younger,” Wain said. Added Showalter, “We thought it was funny that in the original we played a bunch of 30-year-olds playing teenagers. Now we’re in our 40s and our characters are even younger.” The eight-episode series

deadline.com/2015/05/wet-hot-american-summer-first-day-of-camp-netflix-first-look-photos-1201431595/

Ha ha ha brilliant. It's a prequel series lol! Loving it.

Risible

FUCK. YES.

This is going to sound odd, but the opening credits for WHAS are some of my favorite opening credits to a movie ever, just perfect.

Well, there are new characters too.

I'm guessing all of Bradley Coopers scenes will be with Poehler instead of Michael Ian Black based on the prequel thing too

I got the impression the tryst had been going on awhile. I'm sure we'll get more homosexual sex scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom