• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Gaming Deals: Bloody hell! What a sale!

Aren't Dick Smith notorious with their preorders? I've heard stories of them not fulfilling their preorders day 1.

I pre-ordered Dragon Age: Inquisition for the PS4 at my local Dick Smith weeks before the release date and I still had to wait about a month after the release date to get it. The same thing happened with Diablo 3:UEE but it was ordered via the Dick Smith eBay store and I only had to wait about a week after release. Lastly, I tried pre-ordering GTA V in-store a couple of days before release and they wouldn't allow me to do it, saying they had already sold all their pre-orders. The stupid thing was, they then had a couple copies on the shelf on release day. Since when can you sell out of a pre-order anyhow?

I've had mixed experiences with dick smith preorders. Driveclub was shipped the day before release and I received it on release day, LittleBigPlanet 3 was not in stock and I had to wait about 2 weeks.

Darklord

Banned
The problem with DSE online is they take your order no matter what the stock is. So they'll take way too many pre-orders or even when the product is out but not in stock they'll take your order and just make you wait. It's pretty dodgy.

elfinke

24 nuggets for $10 at KFC.

Bargain of the fucking century.

nslh2IO.jpg

Maccas nuggets are better

Luigiv

Somehow missthe d this thread until now, but now that I'm here, I petition we change the thread subtitle to "Tell him he's dreaming".

Tommy DJ

The problem with DSE online is they take your order no matter what the stock is. So they'll take way too many pre-orders or even when the product is out but not in stock they'll take your order and just make you wait. It's pretty dodgy.

This is 100% the case. Ordered some Eneloops from them, got them like two months after my order. I had completely forgotten about the order by the time I got them!

moonbeam

Might have to do it in-store it seems.

I'd probably do it instores. Thats how I usually do it.

OK thanks - will probably give that a go then. Hopefully all goes well with regards to them having enough stock etc.

Actually, I'd probably prefer to pick this up when it was say $40 but I suspect that would take a while and I'm not sure I want to risk having the game spoiled for me in any way.

markot

Banned
KFC nuggets are terrible.....

Why are tempura nuggets king these days

I demand crumby crunchy nuggetses.

Not too crunchy though.

Mephala

Brian★;147201461 said:
_____
muGtaNc.png
/Export
DS are region free, Wii, 3DS and Wii U are region-locked to PAL regions (European).
PS3 and PS4 are region free (however developers can region lock games).
Some XBOX360 games are region free.
XBOX One isn't region locked (however Chinese games will not work with it)

If you wish to import from Europe, check out the Cheap Arse Gamer thread.
_____
I've tried to find an existing thread and have yet to find one. Slap me if old.

Note that if you buy UK or EUR eShop codes, they may not work on the AU/NZ eShop. We actually have our own eShop and just because we're also PAL, it does not mean it works.

AU/NZ eShop != EU (or other PAL regions) eShop, codes won't work.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Agreed. JB usually beats them on release, or is at least close enough to not warrant a week of waiting.

It's funny how much longer shipping is in Australia compared to NZ. If I ordered a game on Thursday night NZ time (Thursday morning UK) it would arrive in my letterbox on Tues, less than 3 working days, but in Aussie I waited over a week every time. Postage in Aussie sucks.

Sirius

Yep, thought I'd post the Wii U deal because it's the best deal going around and still in stock

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/183365

You absolute legend, there is still stock on that link.

Missed the initial sale when all 95 units were whipped up as I was checking out.
Missed the second load of stock thinking there'd be no more.

Don't know why I clicked on your 24-hour old link, but there were new units for sale. Finally grabbed one for $183.20.

I owe you.

elfinke

I want a New 3DS soon, but not right now... but that price is great... but they only have blue left... but arrrrgghhhh

It's a cracking price, and they seem to be updating stock regularly, so it'd be worthwhile keeping tabs on their store. They had a PS4 with Driveclub, LBP3 and Infamous:SS up there for all of five minutes earlier today for $423 delivered, and it's now gone.

Aren't Dick Smith notorious with their preorders? I've heard stories of them not fulfilling their preorders day 1.

Well here's another dissatisfied customer. Pre-ordered The Order because of the deal. Then the store I pre-ordered from, just didn't get any stock...

They have no idea when they'll get it.

Thanks!

Ban Puncher

Cheapest I have seen is $79 at JB HiFi for the standard edition.

EB Games is RRP at $99.95.

Big W and Kmart would probably be $5-$10 cheaper than JB if I had to hazard a guess.

Card Boy

Banned
https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/187617

PS Vita from Big W for $150. (credit goes to taQ)

20150324_160657.jpg

Same price as a PS TV.

Other deals

Xbox One
Need For Speed Rivals $10
Rayman Legends $10
Fifa 14 $10
Battlefield 4 $10
Murdered Soul Suspect $20
Trabsformers $30
Spiderman $30
Trials Fusion $30

Playstation 4
Will check later on the day

Wii U
Wonderful 101 $40
Pikmin 3 $40
2000 points Nintendo Shop Points $2

Vita
4gb PSVita Memory Card $10
16gb PSVita memory card $30
Sly Trilogy $20
God of War collection $20
Borderlands 2 $20
Kill zone Mercenaries $10

Xbox 360
Band Hero $2
Sniper 2 Limited edition $10
Diablo 3 $10
Fallout New Vegas $10
Red Dead redemption GOTY edition $10

Consoles
Xbox One Fifa 15 bundle $400

Only the original Wi-Fi Vita model scans up at that price. The 3G and newer 2000 models are still $250++, but good luck to anyone who finds one!

Minecraft on Vita's also $10.

Top Bottom