• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

demolitio

Gee.. people are mean... lol

Decided to go on my own little adventure.
Some guy is busy building his base, i walk past it, and he starts shooting. I turn around shoot him a few times, he's dead.
Other guy i run into is being chased by zombies, asks for help, and if i have some water. Sure i'll help you out and i'll give you a juice. Zombies are dead, i'm bleeding, patching myself up. Guy shoots me with an arrow. Take out my gun, he's dead. Asshole.
Decide to walk back to where i started. See another guy, "Friendly Friendly!" Turn my back to him, and he starts aiming his bow at me. Pull out my gun again, and he's dead too.

People are sure full of it. Got a ton of ammo out of it, i guess that's good.

I didn't want to KoS anymore, but i think i'll just stick to doing that. no one can be trusted.

Exactly why I never turn my back on anyone unless I'm running far away. I won't shoot on sight unless I know it's coming, but I will never let them out of my sight. Rule number 1 of my ROE really.

Some guy is busy building his base, i walk past it, and he starts shooting. I turn around shoot him a few times, he's dead.
Other guy i run into is being chased by zombies, asks for help, and if i have some water. Sure i'll help you out and i'll give you a juice. Zombies are dead, i'm bleeding, patching myself up. Guy shoots me with an arrow. Take out my gun, he's dead. Asshole.
Decide to walk back to where i started. See another guy, "Friendly Friendly!" Turn my back to him, and he starts aiming his bow at me. Pull out my gun again, and he's dead too.

I didn't want to KoS anymore, but i think i'll just stick to doing that. no one can be trusted.

Yuuuuup, everyone is an asshole in this game.

trust no one, Bob.

SDCowboy

Am I doing something wrong? I've got ammo coming out the ass, but I can't find a gun to save my life. Are there guns almost always laying out or are they mostly in things?

Compsiox

Banned
Am I doing something wrong? I've got ammo coming out the ass, but I can't find a gun to save my life. Are there guns almost always laying out or are they mostly in things?

Lol. A lot of ammo doesnt = a lot of guns. Guns are very scarce after 3 hours I found a pistol.

so just trying to find food and water. i see a small abandoned gas station and a strip of road with some houses. i hear a car. i was like hmm. it kept getting closer so i hide in an outhouse. see a dude creeping around the place.after he drives away i went up higher to find a hiding spot. see him stop at the outhouse i was at. i was like did he see me? so he drove off and i followed him from the hill and see that there's a house nearby where a base is.it was guarded with a fence and the only way to get inside was from the front. i guess he saw me because he was shooting me. lol. so i ran. he got into his car and tried to find me. luckily i ran off to the side where his car wasn't at.went behind his base. but couldn't get inside. i have no food or water so i'm about to die soon. just trying to figure out if i should just go in there and find any ration and jet it or kill him. lol

Phreaker

I hadn't found any guns after the last patch. However, just a bit ago I happened to be in the housing development just outside Pleasant Valley (on Solace) and it said I had been disconnected. I reconnected and all the doors were closed! You know what that means, server restart. I must have run across 3 AR15s, two hunting rifles, a handgun and countless melee (axes, machetes. knives, etc) while searching ~10 houses. I also found ammo and lots of clothes. I grabbed what I could, then I heard gunfire breakout a couple streets over and took off into the woods.

I have only found guns lying out, not in any containers.

Jerbs

backpack too small. can't pick up rifle (1500)

found 2 in a house right now. lol.

With loot how it is right now, you should be able to craft a framed backpack fairly easily. Has a capacity of 1200. With a rifle, you'll have to ditch an equipped item to carry the rifle.

The zombie AI needs some tweaks. Yesterday I had 2 sprinting zombies chasing me and I was right by a building with an open garage door on the front and an open regular door in the back. I ran to the regular door and closed it, thinking they would bang on it trying to get in. Nope, they sprinted around to the front and ran inside to get at me. Zombies should not be this smart.

Then there's other, more obvious things, like zombies attacking while they're knocked down, and arrows going straight through a zombie's head when he's close to you. (if you're on a headshot only server and trying to shove+bow kill a close zombie, you'd better aim for the neck)

owlbeak

:'( Just died to two bandits because the game glitched.

They came after me, killed one with a 1911, and as I went to shoot the other, my character just started sliding away, sitting down. Couldn't stand up or do anything. Just kept sliding while sitting as I was peppered with arrows and couldn't bandage. Bled to death.

That's the second time that's happened. Hope they address that soon. Guy who killed me made out with all kinds of goodies!

Gurrry

Played on solace for like 1.5 hrs and it was good times! Loot seems to be pretty reliable, although I never found a gun. I also only ran into one KOS'er and I murdered him with my machete.

my character just started sliding away, sitting down. Couldn't stand up or do anything. Just kept sliding while sitting as I was peppered with arrows and couldn't bandage. Bled to death.

Thats the funnest thing to do in that game, just press = and then X and you'll start sliding on the ground and people think you're a hacker. Hope they never patch that

Varg

Banned
Is it true that the battle royale que screen is a troll? Been reading people say if you don't insta join your shot out of luck? Been sitting at que position 1 for 30 min now...

Is it true that the battle royale que screen is a troll? Been reading people say if you don't insta join your shot out of luck? Been sitting at que position 1 for 30 min now...
Never queue. That means your waiting for the match to end. If you don't get in quick leave.

Played for the first time last night. Met up with my buddy fairly quickly at the hill top church in Pleasant Valley then bumped into a friendly. All cool, until some other guy sneaks in and kills us all while we're trying to offer help to the friendly. Last I saw of my buddy, guess we respawned too far apart.

Next life ran into a couple guys who again didn't kill on sight but instead helped me craft a framed backpack, teach me the basics of survival with purified water and foods, got me a helmet, and all that good stuff. They both had guns and could of easily killed me but didn't. I traveled with them for a couple hours, ran into another decently sized group who claimed to be friendly and left us alone. Ran into them again an hour later and of course this time they killed us just because. That ended my session. People are jerks, but that's why it's fun.

Played for the first time last night. Met up with my buddy fairly quickly at the hill top church in Pleasant Valley then bumped into a friendly. All cool, until some other guy sneaks in and kills us all while we're trying to offer help to the friendly. Last I saw of my buddy, guess we respawned too far apart.

Next life ran into a couple guys who again didn't kill on sight but instead helped me craft a framed backpack, teach me the basics of survival with purified water and foods, got me a helmet, and all that good stuff. They both had guns and could of easily killed me but didn't. I traveled with them for a couple hours, ran into another decently sized group who claimed to be friendly and left us alone. Ran into them again an hour later and of course this time they killed us just because. That ended my session. People are jerks, but that's why it's fun.

FYI... To find your buddies much easier. Just type /loc in game and press M so you can copy the entire coordinates. Paste all of it here http://www.h1z1db.co.uk/map/ and it will tell you where in the map you are at.

Well, my optimism for this just went down quicker than my energy and thirst bars ingame.

Not mine. Never made sense to have a primarily PC focused team working under the Sony label who is all about their Playstation brand now. H1Z1 is a money maker. That firm has billions of dollars to invest and Daybreak games is now functioning independently and can make decisions without Sony and the Playstation hovering over them. More freedom is a good thing. Now if this and other projects never take off and stop making money then I guess there is grounds to worry. Riot(league of legends) is also owned by a tech firm. This doesn't have to be bad.

Why's that? What's the acquisition mean for H1Z1?
That it's no longer owned by Sony and it can be taken to wherever they want including Xbone.

It makes a lot of sense why this was a steam title and now an SOE launcher title like the others. They have known this was coming.

demolitio

Why's that? What's the acquisition mean for H1Z1?

Who knows besides a multiplatform game now. But when you're bought by a company that might have their own ideas on what to do, it never makes me feel optimistic. It's happened in the past and I'd hate to see it happen again.

I rather be pessimistic here and pleasantly surprised than optimistic and completely let down. :p All it takes is for the new owners to have a different idea about their F2P model for the game to go downhill fast. Too many executives have interfered with games in the past and I'm just cautious of it happening again.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Well, my optimism for this just went down quicker than my energy and thirst bars ingame.
And why would that be? It definitely won't affect development negatively, instead I think we'll be seeing some even mor experimental work from all teams at Daybreak.

Who knows besides a multiplatform game now. But when you're bought by a company that might have their own ideas on what to do, it never makes me feel optimistic. It's happened in the past and I'd hate to see it happen again.

I rather be pessimistic here and pleasantly surprised than optimistic and completely let down. :p

Sony was that company though. That's why they sold them off. SOE was always a PC MMO developer and Sony is all about their Playstation brand. This always made me uneasy cause I wasn't sure how well Sony was backing them. Now their fate is in their hands. If the game fails it will be their own fault. Those IP's are worth money f2p is only growing and H1Z1 is selling great. I doubt the investment firm is gonna charge into the studio and start changing everything for no reason.

Overdoziz

Banned
Managed to get a nice collection of loot going. Had a pistol, some bottles of water and a compass. Feeling great.

Got ran over by some guys in a car saying they wanted me to join them.

Every time I get to have something worth owning in this game I get killed for it.

Hours checking hundreds of cupboards and eating hundreds of blackberries to keep hydrated wasted every time.

What a waste of £15.
hahahaha

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
lol Fozzy so mad!

I was in a nice town, came across 2 guys following me so I hide out by the time I came out since a dude was shooting arrows at me, a bear was chasing his friend lol.

I attacked one of them and ran off while the bear chase the other dude.

Top Bottom