• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you expecting from the PS4 Plus games going forward?

SevenToSix

Neo Member
According to PS+ rules on Metacritic minimum, Knack will never be in the program, which is kind of sad because that's clearly the kind of game you would want to try but not to pay for.
They dropped the Metacritic minimum when they started giving 2 games per system.

According to PS+ rules on Metacritic minimum, Knack will never be in the program, which is kind of sad because that's clearly the kind of game you would want to try but not to pay for.

Sony could probably break it's own rule for Knack.

Personally, in terms of retail games I'd like to see Infamous:SS, Wolfenstein, Metro Redux & MGS: Ground Zeroes sometime this year.

Takuan

B-tier titles or cross-gen titles, nothing more. Killzone and Knack are inevitable. LBP3, too.

Would love TR, Ground Zeroes, or Wolfenstein, though.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
More indie titles that aren't cross buy and more garbage that I don't want, like First Light and Injustice

Really?

I think they're both pretty damn good PS Plus options. One is a legit full game (that's still currently an almost full priced retail title) and the other is a pretty good stand alone expansion.

In all honesty, with how boring Infamous is, First Light gives you the same experience (slightly better) but in a short sharp version to help avoid the boredom.

I think there will be more indies for now, hopefully decent ones like Child of Light or Valiant Hearts, but if they were to go for a AAA game then I'm thinking it will be Killzone SF or Assassin's Creed Black Flag.

Mostly one old retail plus one old indie mixed with one day one indie and one old indie with one month doing double old indie.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
No, but Contrast was and it's one of the worst games ever made.

The metacritic rule is bullshit. Ignore it.

I actually kinda liked Contrast. It had a LOT of problems and didn't live up to its potential, but I don't think it was awful. It was interesting and had good things going for it. Definitely not my least favourite PS4 Plus game. Not anywhere near my favourite either obviously, but still it's not that bad. A worthy 6/10 I'd say.

Roto13

I'm hoping for more retail games but I'm expecting more indies. I didn't buy a new gen console to play indies.

FHIZ

Regardless of game selection, I expect twenty pages of either "ugh, indies aren't real games" or "why is this not Knack? Knack! Knack?! KNACK!!!"

Prove me wrong, gaf.

I actually kinda liked Contrast. It had a LOT of problems and didn't live up to its potential, but I don't think it was awful. It was interesting and had good things going for it. Definitely not my least favourite PS4 Plus game. Not anywhere near my favourite either obviously, but still it's not that bad. A worthy 6/10 I'd say.

It played pretty terribly.

I gave up on it, not because of it's overall design, but because I was sick of that disgusting run and jump animation.

Horribly fussy, I know.

Ledhead

I actually kind of like the one full game, one indie game package that they have had for the last two months. I expect that we will at least see a continuation of that trend in the months to come

KorrZ

I'm expecting Knack relatively soon, other than that I'm not sure. The library isn't really mature enough to start dropping retail AAA releases every month yet.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Well the entire reason to buy new hardware is to play games that benefit from being on new hardware instead of old hardware.

And you've got those too, so what's the problem? This isn't an either/or situation. The PS4 is a console that gets your big budget AAA stuff, as well as your smaller indie titles. There's nothing wrong with playing a variety of games. I don't limit myself to playing only games that show off the latest graphics. The fact PS4 is a new popular console and one that's easier to develop for than PS3 makes it an attractive place to put their games. This doesn't hurt the AAA games in any way and does nothing but make the PS4 library have more variety.

AAA games will regularly go on the service in time. Soon there will be a good mix of AAA and indies for PS4 Plus. Big publishers will give their games away when it's beneficial. Indies have good reason to give their games away on day 1. Big publishers do not.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It played pretty terribly.

I gave up on it, not because of it's overall design, but because I was sick of that disgusting run and jump animation.

Horribly fussy, I know.

I think the way the jump felt and controlled was a much bigger issue than the animation. I can see it being a game breaker for many. You do have to fight your way past the glaring faults to enjoy the game and I can see why others might not be able to.

Choomp

Banned
A bunch of indie titles I don't want

Is this actually a popular problem people have with PS plus games? I see them as good indies that more people should be playing, and probably only would if they're free and a Plus game. That's been the case for me most of the time. I hope the lineups continue as they are.

I don't dislike indies in general. But the problem is that many of them were 2D side-scrollers platformers which I don't like in.

Trials Fusion was a PS4 retail release, and a previous PS3 PS+ game with cross-buy, meaning you can get the PS4 version free on PS+ if you already had it before. Does that count?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
They already gave Tomb Raider away for PS3 though. It's rare they do this for two platforms without them being cross buy. Mortal Kombat was an exception I believe, which was given away on PS3 and Vita.
You can't say something is rare whe the console is still this new.

No reason to believ it couldn't happen at some point.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Indie developers should hike their prices up 500% and add 200 imaginary names to their credits. Then people will be happy.
Yeah, cuz that'll make me buy a sidescroller that looks it was ripped right out of the Genesis/SNES era.

dont flip out I know not all indies fall under this.]

Lady Gaia

Hope they announce indies

Me, too. If enough of you don't review perhaps they'll do the $30 deal on Black Friday again this year. I picked up two years shortly after the PS4 launch and have been thoroughly enjoying the perks.

Sure, it's not all AAA current titles all the time. How could it be? That doesn't make any economic sense at all. Instead, I've been introduced to a range of games I would never have taken a chance on, and it turns out some of them are downright amazing.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Me, too. If enough of you don't review perhaps they'll do the $30 deal on Black Friday again this year. I picked up two years shortly after the PS4 launch and have been thoroughly enjoying the perks.

Sure, it's not all AAA current titles all the time. How could it be? That doesn't make any economic sense at all. Instead, I've been introduced to a range of games I would never have taken a chance on, and it turns out some of them are downright amazing.
I'm perfectly happy with one AAA and one indie like they've been doing for the past year on PS3.

Moozo

Ground Zeroes is a good shout. It's been very cheap in the recent sales.

Killzone would please me. I already got it for 69p or something when they listed it on the store by accident, but I wouldn't mind some more friends to play with.

Top Bottom