• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Nintendo will have a surprise game at APEX 2015

Fiktion

Banned
http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/v/3699844?t=2h57m45s

D1, who would know, is dropping hints about a game that will be available "for people to try out" at APEX 2015 next month. Nintendo is sponsoring the event. Judging by the reaction from his fellow caster, it's something they're not supposed to talk about. There's a lot of speculation right now that the title will be Splatoon, but Pokken Tournament is also possible.

The organizers have also been teasing something big about the partnership with Nintendo.

dfnEZE4.png

I think either one would be awesome, but i highly doubt its Pokken. Splatoon would be awesome, especially with some hype commentary.

Effect

More then likely Splatoon. One of the better theories is Nintendo is very likely trying to position it to be the next Mario Kart and Smash Bros. Next big party and competitive game from them. Really think this even more likely after the latest Nintendo Direct and how the game is shaping up.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Doubt it's Pokken, that seems more Japanese-centric at this point so I couldn't see it appearing here.

Effect

Pokken would be interesting but it's not even out in Japan for testing and doubt anyone is getting their hands on it outside of Japan until that happens.

Pokken would make the most sense for what Apex is, but that game doesn't seem far enough along to be playable at an event like Apex. Perhaps Splatoon with plans to make that game part of Apex's line up of competitive games next year?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It's quite possible that it wouldn't be game.

I wouldn't be surprised that they probably announce that we are getting Super Smash Bros Brawl from Wii Download for Wii U.

I'd gamble on Mewtwo, as well as another piece of character DLC. Pokken is a possibility, but do we even know how far along that game is in terms of development?

Melee HD might be dreaming too big. Does Nintendo want to handicap Smash 4's tournament chances so soon after release? But man... Imagine a full HD remaster, GCN adapter support, plus all the stages & characters transferring over to 4...

Hatchtag

Banned
Splatoon, Pokken, Mewtwo, Melee HD, other DLC. My guesses from most to least likely. Man I hope Splatoon gets good competitive treatment. That'd kick ass.

Top Bottom