• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 slim leaked?

Loxley

1. Open SolidWorks
2. Draw a parallelogram.
3. Extruded boss/base
4. Add disc slot and power/eject buttons
5. Apply various plastic materials to everything
6. Render
7. Submit to news sites
8. ...
9. Don't profit. Go directly to jail and do not collect $200.

Also, notice how they took pictures of a screen instead of posting actual screenshots? That's so people can't run image analysis on it to confirm how obviously fake this is.

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyup.

Toothpic4

Neo Member
Thats fake as shit.

Must not have a HDD. Now sell me that puppy for $200 and let me pick any external HDD i want i would jump on that in a heartbeat.

Phone cam shots of images on a computer? The guy had acesss to the computer was alone enough to take a picture but not enough to get the image off the computer?

FAKE

big_z

Beyond fake.

When the time comes for a redesign it will have a smaller footprint but I doubt it will be thinner, if anything maybe thicker. Sony needs to replace the junky cooler with something that runs quiet. Cranking the hair dryer up a notch in return for a thinner console, something that doesn't benefit the user, is pointless.

It looks like the side with PS4 on it AND the disc side are both angled. How would this manage to stand up? Fake and ga
rish design.

potam

Banned
I'm currently looking at a Google document that clearly has "Confidential" on every page. So...

edit: not saying the pics are real, but all the "lol @ confidential" arguments are bad.

Aside from the other try-hard shit that makes this look fake, Sony would have to be out of their fucking minds to make a console that is slanted to the side when the disc slot is facing forward.

DJ_Lae

It looks like the side with PS4 on it AND the disc side are both angled. How would this manage to stand up? Fake and ga
rish design.

I just noticed that too, and that the disc slot would be pointed up like a goddamn toaster with the way they show it upright.

Someone was really lazy.

Too early, too small, too fake.

Honestly, the PS4's form factor is simple and compact enough that a slim model wouldn't really excite me that much.

chvln95.png

androvsky

There certainly will be a PS4 slim in the future, and with how small they got the ps2 slim to be in 2004 they should be able to make a ps4 just as small in 2016 seeing as it was already quite small on launch.
I'm not sure, chips aren't shrinking as fast as they used to. And even when they do shrink, there's not as large a drop in power usage, so the system will still need a lot of cooling.

If you compare it to the PS3, the PS4 is already the slim version of the beast that would have come out in 2011.

Beatrix

Looks confidentially fake. Design doesn't make sense to me with the disc slot on the side. I love the current PS4 model. I couldn't even imagine what a slim design would entail.

Maximus.

The lack of vents is off putting. The PS4 is loud and shits out a ton of hot air. I don't doubt a slim model will come out and for all we know this could be an early mock up of a potential revision. Sony is good with the slim models, so I am excited to see what comes next. It's crazy to think that the slim model is going to be smaller, when the PS3 had issues shedding down its size.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I hope that's fake, it looks awful. Way too small and boring. PS4 is the first time Sony nailed the design of a console on it's first version so I'm happy with the iconic design we currently have.

teiresias

The aesthetics are nice and "Sony looking", but the size just screams out it's an obvious fake. I mean, the APU is already on the 28nm process node, and we still haven't gotten high-end PC GPUs on the smaller nodes yet.

Oublieux

I like the aesthetics, but in terms of design, having a side slot-loading BD drive is not that great for user functionality--placing it in an entertainment center would cause a ton of awkwardness.

kamakazi5

Looks too small to be real but who knows. I can hope.

Also, my job uses the CONFIDENTIAL tag on stuff so I don't think that's necessarily out of place.

Skux

Well of course it's legit, it even says "CONFIDENTIAL" right there.

It's impossibly small for all the hardware they'll put in it.

I'm not sure, chips aren't shrinking as fast as they used to. And even when they do shrink, there's not as large a drop in power usage, so the system will still need a lot of cooling.

If you compare it to the PS3, the PS4 is already the slim version of the beast that would have come out in 2011.
Sony had the ps4 hardware planned and designed probably a year if not longer prior to it's release, so taking that into account they have had a lot of time since then to plan a hardware redesign. Sony has incredible hardware engineers at their disposal and I wouldn't doubt them for a second that they could pull off a ps4 that was as slim as the one in the OP. Looking at ps2 to ps2 slim, and ps3 to ps3 super slim sony was able to carve off roughly 50% of the size in thickness and I expect something at least close to that margin with a ps4 slim. I just don't expect to see it anytime soon.
VBKp5.jpg

Top Bottom