• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8-4 Play 1/23/2015: DON’T BE RIDICULOUS

Blablurn

profile8-4.jpg

Driveclub, Hako-Boy, Infamous: First Light, The Swapper, Mario Galaxy 2, Dreeps, Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, Nintendo Direct, Hololens, and more!

Running Time: 1:51:29

Time – Topic Discussed:

07:25 – Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Demo
10:07 – Polygon Life in Japan Cover Story
14:00 – Monster Strike
17:00 – John loves Amibos, Codename S.T.E.A.M. Sarah’s,Seijinshiki
28:48 – Driveclub
30:40 – Mario Galaxy 2 and downloadable Wii games
35:15 – Infamous: First Light, The Swapper, Hako-Boy
39:40 – Dreeps
45:00 – Rogue Legacy, Birth by Sleep
51:00 – Brandish dark legacy, Tales of Zestria
58:11 – Nintendo Direct
1:28:00 – Microsoft Windows Conference
1:40:56 – Other News
1:44:57 – Closing Comments

・ Direct Download (63.8MB)
・ Subscribe to 8-4 Play via iTunes
・ Subscribe to 8-4 Play via RSS Feed
・ Follow 8-4 Play on Twitter (twitter.com/84play)
・ Follow 8-4 on Facebook (facebook.com/hachinoyon)

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
10:40 – Mario Galaxy 2 and downloadable Wii games

Don't be ridiculous, that's not how time works!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
10:40 – Mario Galaxy 2 and downloadable Wii games

Don't be ridiculous, that's not how time works!

I'll go whip Thomas for that one. (it should be 30:40)

caesar

Banned
Gooood as per but facepalm at defending Nintendo's no AC adapter situation. This is coming from an Englishman used to their fuckery!

zeox

nothing like waking up to a fresh cup of 8-4 Play. Looking forward to the nintendo direct discussion as always

Thoraxes

Can't wait to pop it in on my drive to work. A ton of stuff happened these past two weeks!

Always look forward to this day every other week because it's a nice way to end my work-week and start the weekend :)

Celegus

NIGHT OF FIRE!

Awesome awesome awesome cast as always! This and the bombcast are the only gaming ones I listen to, but I'm getting a little tired of them being so cynical about everything. Then 8-4 comes along and everyone is hyped for all the games and it's great!

Celegus

Didn't know the Dark Souls 2 patch will shorten load times on PS3, maybe I'll actually try some multiplayer stuff out if I don't have to wait 30 seconds to load in every time.

jbug617

Banned
Once Giantbomb features a weird import the game just becomes hard to find. I'm trying to get Puyo Puyo Tetris on XB1 (achievements) and it's sold out on all the import sites.

Schrade

Oh man the iTunes review at the end had me rolling!

That HAS to be someone who's posted about it in these threads.

Good to hear them getting some time to get at these new releases and rehashing it (outside of JJ for a while, of course). I wonder how far in Brandish they'll get.

That was hilarious.

I can never remember those theme songs if asked the name of the show, but remember word-for-word when I hear the first 3 notes.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Puyo Tetris isn't being held back by Ubisoft's Tetris license, I don't think--Tetris Company stopped giving exclusive licenses to other publishers a while back, everything is negotiated on a per-game basis nowadays. Sega is just a) too cheap/broke to negotiate an international license, and b) completely uninterested in releasing any new Puyo-related games outside of Japan.

Anyway, the last few episodes have been really good and the new interns are doing a great job. I know you guys have been a little self-conscious about the recent complaints/nitpicks mentioned here and elsewhere but don't sweat it, you're doing fine.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Guys seriously why even ask Roy about kingdom hearts if you're just gonna be that dismissive?

I dunno, I thought they were being pretty even-handed.

You wanna hear dismissive, go listen to any of the episodes where someone mentions a musou game.

I'm trying to remember was there any other mobile games mentioned other than Dreeps? I thought there was one I wanted to check out but now I can't remember.

Also is Dreeps even a game? Their explanation seemed batshit to me and I checked it out and still aren't sure lol

John's being really short-sighted about the new 3DS not including a charging cable. It's great for him that he has 3 or 4 cables already but do you know how many I have? Zero.

I've been gaming for 30 years but for whatever reason, I've never owned any model of the 3DS. So I don't have any of the cables that John apparently finds laying in the street. Yeah, it may be less than $10 to buy one but that's not really the point. I'd like to have a 3DS but the message Nintendo is sending to me, as someone who has never owned a 3DS, is, "Don't start now."

So I won't.

john tv

John's being really short-sighted about the new 3DS not including a charging cable. It's great for him that he has 3 or 4 cables already but do you know how many I have? Zero.

I've been gaming for 30 years but for whatever reason, I've never owned any model of the 3DS. So I don't have any of the cables that John apparently finds laying in the street. Yeah, it may be less than $10 to buy one but that's not really the point. I'd like to have a 3DS but the message Nintendo is sending to me, as someone who has never owned a 3DS, is, "Don't start now."

So I won't.
Is it really that hard to buy an AC adapter along with the 3DS? Again, if the system is $10 cheaper (and IDK if it is or not, but IF it is) -- then having the extra $10 be optional so people who don't need it, don't have to spend it, seems totally sensible and fine to me.

Top Bottom