• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff Keighley Confirms The Game Awards 2015

Hopefully Less of Keighly interviewing people off the side of the stage in some seating aisle. I could never figure out what the thinking was of having him interview and talk to people in what looked like an aisle with no room.

I got a chance to speak to him one on one after a panel he did at CES and dude was as nice as could be. He answered some of my questions, which at the time were very VGA related (this was like 2010), and it's crazy to see how far his concept for a true games awards has come.

Really loved this past year's show and after the Imagine Dragons / Kondo collaboration performance, I would love to see more things like that that mix bigger named people who are into gaming along with developers and creators.

Sure it was a little rough last year, but it was certainly more respectable and entertaining than I was expecting. I look forward to them.

Xav

I'm not going to lie. I was really bored during the 2014 Game Awards and the way a bunch of awards were handed off stage was dumb.

This was a beautiful moment.

Ct7JmmL.png

Until the asshole took off the hat.

-Horizon-

I'm ok with this news.

I thought the 2014 awards were really good. Hope he continues to improve upon it.
wink wink more surprise nintendo news pls Mr Keighley

massoluk

Banned
Less musical performance, seriously. I know they are all talented, but trimmed the show down please. It felt like a Peter Jackson movie

Neol

Good stuff Geoff.

I actually enjoyed watching this and it'll definitely be better the second time through with all the feedback. But I agree that less musical performances would be a bit better.

AdanVC

After last year's Game Awards, I'm honestly really looking forward for this. Dat Zelda U footage at the end was truly memorable <3.

Tagyhag

I'm not going to lie. I was really bored during the 2014 Game Awards and the way a bunch of awards were handed off stage was dumb.

This was a beautiful moment.

Until the asshole took off the hat.

Yeah he took it off IMMEDIATELY too, I don't think he realized what it meant haha.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
If the overall thing is still as long as last year in the end, I will not mind. I don't think most people will mind either. When people say "it was too long", they really meant "it wasn't well paced." and "The content wasn't interesting enough to me."
Exactly. Less crowd noise. More awards on stage. The second half of 2014 TGA was amazing.

I'm so glad we get another one. Especially if it's just going to get better. I don't think I was worried or anything but it's nice to get confirmation sooner rather than later.

Good news. I liked it a lot, they need to avoid having the same technical issues though. A little bit more organization too.

Awesome! Less advertise-y and more awards on stage and it could be great and I'm sure it will be as Geoff has addressed these commonly mentioned issues before in GAF threads, so I'm definitely looking forward to what he puts together this year!

Skux

Hopefully publishers and devs realise the success of the show and put the event on their marketing calendars. With some genuine megaton reveals it could be the perfect "halfway to E3" event.

Yoda

Felt more like a bunch of commercials, the awards really really need to be the center piece. Their were awards where one nomination was announced, then said nomination won, then the person walked up to Geoff offstage to pick it up.

Make every award on stage, Geoff. If you think you won't have enough time for all of them then cut down the awards to only significant ones.

RPGCrazied

Cool. I thought it was an improvement over 2013 show for sure. McHale ruined it for the most part, so did that rapper musical group. I'd love to see more awards being presented and not just backstage to be forgotten.

Loakum

Banned
Actually he should reach out to Kevin Pereria (former host of Attack of the Show), to co-host the show with him. Now that would be entertainment!

Top Bottom