• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you're in an Amazon Fresh area, get $30 off a $50 purchase, incl. games.

finalflame

Gold Member
Note: Amazon Fresh is available in select neighborhoods/boroughs in Seattle, Philly, NYC, SoCal and NorCal.

So, I just got a promo at my door for Amazon Fresh. Although the name implies mostly groceries (which they have), you can also get $30 off any $50 order. This includes ALL items sold by Amazon Fresh, including tons of games.

To take advantage of this, go to:

https://www.amazonfresh.com/freshpromo

And use the code "FRESHOFFER".

Note that the Fresh plan will substitute your regular Prime, and you need to remember to revert back to regular Prime in your Amazon account page before the 30 day trial is up or you'll be charged $299 for a year of Amazon Fresh (which can be refunded if you ask and haven't used the service after the renewal).

Anyways, here's where the magic happens:

https://fresh.amazon.com/Search?browseNode=11846801

Video games. PS4, PS3, XBO, 360, Wii, WiiU, PC, Mac, 3DS, DS, Vita. As long as your order is over $50, use the code "FRESHOFFER" when checking out, choose a delivery date, and BOOM.

The postcard that came in the mail said valid until 1/17/15, but I just used it today and it totally worked.

Lock if not allowed/irrelevant.

woodypop

Where are you, OP?

The fine print says only in SoCal and NorCal eligible.

EDIT: I just tried (Seattle) and it did NOT work.
EDIT2: I think I placed an Amazon Fresh order a long time ago, so I can't be considered a new customer. That's prolly why it didn't work for me. Duh.

The Llama

Promo code worked for me in Philadelphia. I live in University City. It told me that my parents address in the suburbs isn't eligible for Amazon Fresh though.

Edit: And thinking about it a bit, i've seen Amazon Fresh trucks in my neighborhood before. Maybe I should try it out sometime haha.

Cider

Looks like I'm eligible, but what's with the $299 charge? I'm afraid I'll forget about it.

AmazonFresh is available in the Northern California area for Prime Fresh members only.

Get started by signing up for a 30-day free trial of Prime Fresh, new level of Amazon Prime. At the end of the free trial, you will be charged $299 for the next year. Existing Prime members will be refunded for their Prime membership on a prorated basis.

It's available in my area and they have Hyrule Warriors on it. There's nothing I'm missing is there?

This seems too good to be true.

finalflame

Gold Member
Looks like I'm eligible (Seattle). Don't see any games I want, guess a controller works?

Just make sure to set a reminder on your phone or something to cancel it before the 31st day, and go back to your regular prime (or lack thereof). Even though they will refund the $299 if you haven't used it since the renewal, it's still an unpleasant charge to wake up to if it's unexpected.

Looks like I'm eligible, but what's with the $299 charge? I'm afraid I'll forget about it.

AmazonFresh is available in the Northern California area for Prime Fresh members only.

Get started by signing up for a 30-day free trial of Prime Fresh, new level of Amazon Prime. At the end of the free trial, you will be charged $299 for the next year. Existing Prime members will be refunded for their Prime membership on a prorated basis.

That was my fear, too. I just set 2 reminders a day apart on my phone so I don't forget to cancel. Cancelling Prime/Fresh is as easy as going into your control panel and clicking "Cancel". (if you already had prime, you can just click to revert back to your regular Prime).

Xamdou

Getting video games instead of fresh avacados sounds like a pretty rotten deal.

image.php

I am in the same boat.

finalflame

Gold Member
Getting video games instead of fresh avacados sounds like a pretty rotten deal.

Hehe, I actually got a couple of games and some groceries, too. Milk, chips, bread, pasta sauce, etc. Their groceries are pretty competitively priced. Beats getting off my ass and going to safeway.

vypek

Added to the list. I was just going off of their Help page. They should update that.

I might email them to let them know to update the Help page then. I only knew it was also for Philly because Amazon had emailed me about the service launch.

Also, this is a very cool deal and thanks for the heads up

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I'm in California, but it isn't available in my area. :(

Quantum

not available on UES/NYC

so odd. I'm egocentric enough to be unhappy about this - oh well - freshdirect I guess

I have yet to try the amazon 1 hour service which is available in my zipcode.

It keeps saying my code is invalid when I'm on the checkout screen

Edit: Nvm, $50.03 wasn't good enough to get the offer, had to bump it up to $53

nikos

Looks like it's available in BedStuy, Brooklyn. Thanks!

EDIT: need to be a prime member. Womp womp.

Why do they have the gameboy color version of GTA2?

Also how do you revert membership back to previous prime level and cancel fresh?

Top Bottom