• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Top 10 Most Anticipated 2015 Games

Nerokis

Zelda looks nothing special at all from what they've shown so far, any other name and it wouldn't even be in the Top 10. That said I wouldn't put down any money for the games mentioned, will rent Bloodborne, Uncharted 4 and Batman though.

So sad that maybe even first half of 2016 is a stretch for FFXV, got through fucking high school, A levels and a goddamn 5 year degree since the game was first announced as Versus. So depressing. :(

Goddamn, dude. This list of games that have the potential to be really cool is presented to you, and all it warrants is an apathetic "I'll probably rent a few." On the other hand, the topic of FFXV is straight up heart wrenching to consider, because you're going to have to wait until 2016 to play it.

It's like 2015 is going to be the worst year ever. What a depressing post. :p

Jobbs

Banned
mine:

1)
bloodborne
2)
bloodborne.....
3)
bloodborne.
4)
bloodborne..
5)
zelda u
6)
bloodborne.
7)
bloodborne...
8)
bloodborne.....
9)
xenoblade x
10)
bloodborne

stupei

no halo 5 huh

I know there will be hype and then some, but the lack of it now compared to some other games coming out down the road is somewhat telling.

A lot of the things on the list have an element of surprise and mystery still left. (The most "known" element was probably Uncharted 4, which barely made the list.) I'm sure for most people the assumption is that Halo 5 will simply be "more Halo." That isn't bad, of course, but it's harder to feel anticipation for, especially for games journalist who play so many games in a year that they don't seem to usually have a favorite shooter they come back to again and again. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Oh I would put it above SS, yes. I did enjoy the fact that ALBW was unobtrusive. That really elevated an otherwise decent game and helped me enjoy completing the entire thing.

The simplicity was also nice for a portable experience. (I play my 3DS on my commute, and can sometimes start a dungeon in the morning and not get back to it until the end of the work day.) What I really liked about it was the feeling of the world, though. I just really enjoyed the people in a way that I haven't in a while. I know that's kind of silly and vague, hard to pin down, but I hope with the increased performance -- and presumed added complexity -- on the Wii U they'll be able to build a vast open world that feels as vibrant and inviting.

But the game on the list I'm most excited for is either Bloodborne or Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Or maybe Persona 5.

(God, there are so many.)

That list is not bad.

I would go:

1. Persona 5
2. Bloodborne
3. MGS V: The Phantom Pain
4. Overwatch
5. The Witcher 3
6. Batman: Arkham Knight

And maybe

7. Uncharted 4

The rest look mediocre.

1.uncharted 4
2.bloodborne
3.batman arkham knight
4.the whitcher 3
5.the division(don't fuck this up please ubisoft)
6.starwars battle front
7.no man's sky
8.persona5
9.the order 1886
10.call of duty 2015(please Treyarch let it be WW2)

These are my top 10 games 2015

Sojgat

Pretty close to my own list, which would be:

1. MGSV: The Phantom Pain
2. Batman: Arkham Knight
3. Bloodborne
4. The Witcher 3
5. Persona 5
6. The Division
7. Zelda (Wii U)
8. Xenoblade Chronicles X
9. Uncharted 4
10. Devil's Third

Servbot24

Banned
Day 1:

1. Bloodborne
2. Metal Gear Solid V
3. Uncharted 4
4. Zelda U
5. Persona 5

We'll See:

6. Xenoblade Chronicles X
7. Bravely Second
8. The Order
9. Batman
10. Witcher

Wildcard!

Gravity Rush 2?
Final Fantasy XV?

Between Gametrailer's list and GAF's list there's not a ton coming out this year I plan on getting. Of the games on Gametrailer's list only game I'll probably get day 1 is Zelda. No Man's Sky depends on price and/or physical release, Witcher 3 depends on how it runs on weaker hardware, and Batman: Arkham Knight I can wait until Black Friday to pick up for ~$20. Rest I don't have too much interest in.

Mononoke

Banned
Acceptable, though I foresee a lot of disagreement over the order

Which I'll never get lol

It's like, no list ever gets the order 1:1 with most people. It's what happens when you take your own personal list, and put it against a list that took votes from a collection of people with varying tastes.

Between Gametrailer's list and GAF's list there's not a ton coming out this year I plan on getting. Of the games on Gametrailer's list only game I'll probably get day 1 is Zelda. No Man's Sky depends on price and/or physical release, Witcher 3 depends on how it runs on weaker hardware, and Batman: Arkham Knight I can wait until Black Friday to pick up for ~$20. Rest I don't have too much interest in.

Sorry to hear that :(

I legit want almost every game on that list. Hopefully you can find some niche games to hold you over.

2. Bloodborne
3. The Witcher 3
4. Persona 5
5. MGSV: The Phantom Pain
8. No Man's Sky
9. Xenoblade Chronicles X

These would definitely make my top 15. I don't think the others would make my top 20 except for Batman(maybe). I loved Asylum, but I wasn't a huge fan of City and the combat is pretty stale to me at this point. It would only make the list because I'm Batman fan really.

bjaelke

I'm slowing starting to get drawn in by the Zelda hype. Could very well end up on top of my 'most anticipated' list if I go back and revise it.

That`s actually a very good top 10. I'm just a bit surprised by Overwatch being there while games as Splatoon or Order 1866 are not.

Converse

Banned
This is a pretty solid list, though I'd throw Splatoon on there. I somehow missed Overwatch, but it looks rad. Don't give a toss for Uncharted or Arkham, though.

Overwatch seems just meh. yeah its blizzard but id rather play legacy then overwatch. persona 5, while a game i anticipate, wasnt shown at all so the inclusion seems weird. no splatoon is dissapointing...

aside of this great list

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I always enter these threads to complain about the lists, but this one was actually pretty decent. The two at the top are completely right, and also the rest of these games all look amazing so far.

Nothing that has been shown of Zelda so far has been very exciting, in my opinion.

I'm a big Zelda fan and I've enjoyed almost every mainline entry in the series, but even I don't think they've shown anything particularly impressive myself (No items, no music, no dungeons, no level mechanics/puzzles, no bosses, etc.); this is mainly because I'm not a huge fan of running across large empty stretches of scenery, and I would rather see EAD refine/evolve the dungeon-like overworld from Skyward Sword.
Plus, open worlds are everywhere in the west and every AAA fantasy game does them, it's kind of hard for me to be impressed by that kind of experience nowadays.
There is also the (important) fact that ALBW's open world design structure severely dumbed down the interplay between Link's core mechanics, his items, and the environment (an element that is a huge part of Zelda's core interactive identity)
That kind of design rest somewhere near the "unacceptable" line for me...it's like making a Mario game with lackluster/mediocre platforming dynamics, you just don't do it.

Anyways...
I imagine the reasons for why "Zelda U" is getting so much hype is because the series is always incredibly well-received (despite your own personal feeling towards the series), and a lot of games enthusiast have a strong emotional attachment to the franchise because of this; many of us can't wait to see what EAD3 has cooked up this time (not a lot of AAA developers create gameplay elements as brilliantly designed as the Lanayru Sand Sea and the timeshift stones), even I'm kind of excited despite my reservations and criticism.
There is also the very vocal pocket of enthusiast fans who worship Zelda 1 and see this game as the "return to the series' roots!™" that they've been hoping for since the 7th gen, so naturally you're gonna see a lot of hype coming from them on enthusiast-centric forums like this.

Uncharted 4 over Bloodborne? Lol no.

And we put The Order in... in a year as packed as 2015, that doesn't make any sense. :p

Naughty Gods > From Software. Not to mention that TLoU, one of the most acclaimed and celebrated games of last gen, is still fresh in everyone's mind.

And The Order is looking ace. Its placing would've been a notch higher or two if that recent trailer came out before the voting process.

Expected that 1/2 order.

However, I do think Bloodborne deserves #1 right now just because it's been shown a lot more. It's catching my eye, something Dark Souls did not. Though, I can understand why Zelda is #1. Doesn't matter if Bloodborne is like Souls or a PS4 exclusive, it's in the same list as Zelda and that's enough for some people. Nothing wrong with that, I'm fricken excited for the next Zelda and as soon as Nintendo shows that 'real' trailer it's over. lol.

Never heard of Overwatch, it should have been replaced by Splatoon.

It's not a Top High Profile list, it's the GT staff's most anticipated games list. It's also not a popularity poll.

You can make your own list but you can't factually call theirs wrong...

I heard about Overwatch, but don't really see the appeal. There seem to be a number of decent Team Fortress like games, at least Splatoon really shakes things up. Then again I mentally categorize Blizzard in with Valve as once greats that seem more interested in monetization schemes than interesting game development, so I'm really not the target audience.

Solid list all in all though. It's interesting how The Witcher 3 has no hype left for me.

Two delays can cause that, personally still hyped as much as I let myself (I always remind myself that combat will be mediocre at best).

Also Blizzard is known for insane polish. Overwatch won't be groundbreaking in any way but you can be sure the game will be damn good.

Seeing as Skyward Sword is generally considered the only weak game in the mainline series stretching back to Zelda 2, and this proves to move as far away from that as possible, it's not that hard to imagine why everyone else is excited.

Metacritics have the original WW the lowest and from my surrounding everything past MM wasn't received particularly well.

Top Bottom