• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona news livestream announced for February 4

kewlmyc

30 hours huh? Watch nothing P5 happen until the concert, which I honestly wouldn't mind. Don't feel like taking two days off of work.

Steel

Banned
30 hours? Yeah definitely sitting this one out. Think I'll bring some popcorn for the aftermath.

Probably not going to happen predictions:

Persona 3 Velvet edition

Persona 5 Portable(May as well aim big in your predictions, right?)

kewlmyc

Now that I think about it, they have a bunch of stuff that they can cover (even though 30 hours seems excessive).

Persona 5 (saved for last)
Persona 4 Dancing All Night
Persona 3 the Movie #2: Midsummer Knight's Dream BD/DVD release (they did a entire recap of the first movie last year to advertise the 2nd)
Persona 3 the Movie #3: Falling Down (releasing in April yet only as one small teaser trailer)
Figurines (takes place a week before Japan's biggest figure showcase of the year)
Other Merch
Unannounced Projects?
A complete history of the franchise.

They need to stop drip-feeding information about Persona 5. If they continue to do so at this livestream by showing a supporting character or two and leaving it at that then it'll just lead me to believe the game is still a good ways off and won't come out until next year.

Gameplay or bust.

Comeon persona 3 velvet for vita
I would scream way too loud if this becomes real!
This is exactly what I want, haven't played P3, but P4G was one of my favourite games of all time. Been irked to play P3, but while I could play P3P on my vita, the 2D environment is a no-no for me, and while I would love to play FES, I don't want to boot up my PS3, certainly not for 80 hours!
So please Atlus do this!
And release it in Europe please!

Edit: And some news of P5 would of course be more than welcome!

astroknight

Neo Member
they did say there would be persona 5 news early in the year. I just hope they get to the point and not do what they did during the broadcast where P5 was initially announced

KpIvNvv.jpg

Logash

Now that I think about it, they have a bunch of stuff that they can cover (even though 30 hours seems excessive).

Persona 5 (saved for last)
Persona 4 Dancing All Night
Persona 3 the Movie #2: Midsummer Knight's Dream BD/DVD release (they did a entire recap of the first movie last year to advertise the 2nd)
Persona 3 the Movie #3: Falling Down (releasing in April yet only as one small teaser trailer)
Figurines (takes place a week before Japan's biggest figure showcase of the year)
Other Merch
Unannounced Projects?
A complete history of the franchise.
You think they'll focus on more than one or two of their non game projects? I can see them talking about one of the P3 movies but that's pretty much it on side stuff. Hoping that they have at least one game surprise (P3 Platinum?) but I am not expecting it and wouldn't be mad if they don't. I'm more interested in P5 gameplay.

kewlmyc

You think they'll focus on more than one or two of their non game projects? I can see them talking about one of the P3 movies but that's pretty much it on side stuff. Hoping that they have at least one game surprise (P3 Platinum?) but I am not expecting it and wouldn't be mad if they don't. I'm more interested in P5 gameplay.

It's “a slew” of new news pertaining to the Persona franchise. That pertains to more than just the games now. I don't see why they wouldn't advertise everything within a 30 hour time period. You can't talk about one game for 30 hours. Well, they technically can, but they'd start repeating information at around the 3 hour mark.

That and they had an entire stream dedicated to the movies in the past, around a month before the bluray release. This is a month before the 2nd bluray release.

Logash

It's “a slew” of new news pertaining to the Persona franchise. That pertains to more than just the games now. I don't see why they wouldn't advertise everything within a 30 hour time period. You can't talk about one game for 30 hours. Well, they technically can, but they'd start repeating information at around the 3 hour mark.

That and they had an entire stream dedicated to the movies in the past, around a month before the bluray release. This is a month before the 2nd bluray release.

Yeah I mean don't they usually have separate events for that kind of stuff. I think it's a mistake to assume that they will talk about content for 30 hours. More like 95% of it will be countdown like last time and maybe an hour or two to actual content. I'm not saying it's impossible I'm just saying that last time we had like 3 surprise games and Persona 5. I don't expect them to really top that but at least one new game would be nice.

I expect a Persona 5 release date from this, probably with some sort of game play trailer.

A definitive edition of Persona 3 would be cool, too.

Sakura

I think we can be happy if we see some gameplay...
Maybe you can... But it was originally supposed to be out this winter! I understand a delay to be ported to the PS4 but it shouldn't be that long. I don't want to have waited a year since the announcement trailer just to get some gameplay clip T_T

kewlmyc

Yeah I mean don't they usually have separate events for that kind of stuff. I think it's a mistake to assume that they will talk about content for 30 hours. More like 95% of it will be countdown like last time and maybe an hour or two to actual content. I'm not saying it's impossible I'm just saying that last time we had like 3 surprise games and Persona 5. I don't expect them to really top that but at least one new game would be nice.

I just read a different report that said it's a 30 hour countdown to the concert, so nevermind.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
I'm glad to see my article has stoked some fires in the ways they can be only on GAF. The popcorn is very delicious already. :)

Ryan95

What I expect it will be shown:
-Persona 4 Dancing All Night footage/trailer (the latter is likelier)
-Persona 5 footage/trailer (once again,the latter is likelier)
-Persona 3 The movie part 3 trailer/merchandise (both are likely)

What I hope it will be shown (which is never gonna happen):

-Persona 3 V(elvet)ita

Top Bottom