• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

is this the coolest looking dog ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
MEfyQcW.jpg

Sheila, cancel all my appointments. Something came up.

Sera O

Banned
I own a few of these "Shar Pei" when I was little, people say they smell but I didn't notice it, but fuck they look so cool.

Post your favorite looking dogs or pets gaf

The Shar Pei looks like a brain in furry dog form. I'm kind of torn on whether that's cool or not.

Naah, this is cool

Ferocity.jpg

Pretty sure I fought this in Devil May Cry 4, only it had less fur and was on fire and stuff.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Boxers hands down. Long post with GIFs but y'all have to know about Boxers :)

1. Gorgeous when puppies:
tumblr_mtorhiqHy11qboeibo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m4v4ttKnjV1rof9uqo1_500.jpg

2. Total clowns, they sleep in the weirdest ways:
tumblr_n7dmoo8ANn1s8mgkyo1_500.jpg

3. They behave like puppies no matter their age:
giphy.gif

tumblr_n1toe8PxG91ttcbr8o1_400.gif

4. They're the best family dog ever, so gently with babies and scale their play roughness as your kids get older:
giphy.gif

5. Video time:
They swim and dive
They race and never want to leave their owners side

Bonus: I've had my Boxer run with my mountain bike at 48 kms (30mph). He loves it. He loves frisbee and the beach too.

yup. boxers win.

AntoneM

Argh, cropping ears is so awful. :( Docking tails too.

Our Pit/Lab mix had her tail bitten and it couldn't heal due to her slamming her tail everywhere when I would come home. I mean it became necrotic. We had to have it docked or she would have suffered more and more.

Pity the owner of this dog decided to abuse the animal by mutilating their ears.

Scum shouldn't have pets.

Illegal here fortunately.

Yep illegal where I stay too, unfortunately it's still legal in many places and the Doberman is now iconic in that fashion, even in movies such as the animation Up has a Doberman with cropped ears.

Most people will only recognise them in that fashion.

Log4Girlz

Boxers hands down. Long post with GIFs but y'all have to know about Boxers :)

1. Gorgeous when puppies:
tumblr_mtorhiqHy11qboeibo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m4v4ttKnjV1rof9uqo1_500.jpg

2. Total clowns, they sleep in the weirdest ways:
tumblr_n7dmoo8ANn1s8mgkyo1_500.jpg

3. They behave like puppies no matter their age:
giphy.gif

tumblr_n1toe8PxG91ttcbr8o1_400.gif

4. They're the best family dog ever, so gently with babies and scale their play roughness as your kids get older:
giphy.gif

5. Video time:
They swim and dive
They race and never want to leave their owners side

Bonus: I've had my Boxer run with my mountain bike at 48 kms (30mph). He loves it. He loves frisbee and the beach too.

And they've got a mean uppercut

ksdixon

Nah... my dog is. Jack Russell x Beagle.

Sometimes he goes in his bed, right next to me on my bean bag so that we match.
But most of the time he copies me by stealing my quilt and sleeping like I do instead.

jJ4kT6.jpg

DiZPf6.jpg

ofVCRp.jpg

eeeh....looks like some overbred mutant tbh

not cool but beautiful and badass at the same time (imo):
Yy7b4IG.jpg

#fightingbearsandwolvesforreal

Chariot

eeeh....looks like some overbred mutant tbh

not cool but beautiful and badass at the same time (imo):
Yy7b4IG.jpg

#fightingbearsandwolvesforreal
I just now realized that your name isn't iamaustralian. Looked at the house and the beautiful landscape and I thought "wait, that doesn't look like australia". Cool dog btw.

Yep I'm a Staffordshire Bull Terrier guy.

Added a picture of my boy owning it in the ring

Just realized I have to add that he has both his ears, thank you very much. He just points them way back when happy. Also somebody wrote that it's good to cut ears off from staffys so they don't chew them off from eachother. I have to say that I have NEVER EVER heard of something like that happening and I'm sort of following the staffy scene in Finland. To me that sounds abosolutely crazy but I quess the staffy culture is a bit "different" in other countries.

Forget the dog, where do I get that house?

huh?
it's a pretty normal single-family house (here at least)

I just now realized that your name isn't iamaustralian. Looked at the house and the beautiful landscape and I thought "wait, that doesn't look like australia". Cool dog btw.

thanx.
yoah, austria's countryside is good looking

dog as a 4 month old teeny (yup, he is pretty damn big):
ywQBerz.jpg

in comparison to a my ex dog (12 year old labrador):
pftze4x.jpg

he sleeps in this position in front of the main doorway. smh
5CYLMiT.jpg

sometimes in winter he gets covered completely with snow while sleeping on the grass. you can't spot him until he wakes up and shakes it off. a "nice" suprise for visitors

leadbelly

Banned
one things is for sure: You never have to clean your floor with those dogs above this post

I bet you fucking do if they have been jumping around in the mud. Instead of mopping the floor as they walk, they would plaster a nice even layer of mud across the floor. :p

Anteater

Not, entirely, no. That is known as a 'bone-mouth' Shar Pei. It probably comes from a Hong Kong fighting dog lineage. The other version of the shar pei is much more wrinkly.

475ceb00205f7b5a6955b1344d5a46ae.jpg

ahh yeah, that's right, some how I remember the female one I had to be much less wrinkly when she's adult, but I've never seen her as a puppy, maybe she was a bone-mouth.

leadbelly

Banned
ahh yeah, that's right, some how I remember the female one I had to be much less wrinkly when she's adult, but I've never seen her as a puppy, maybe she was a bone-mouth.

Bone-mouths actually have very few wrinkles, if they have any at all,

Another picture:
MOU-NGAN2.jpg

It is a breed you're more likely to find in Hong Kong than in the West. That's not to say yours wasn't, it's just that the more wrinkly version is more common in the West.

I was interested in getting a bone-mouth so took some interest in them. The bone-mouth is generally spoken of as the 'traditional' shar pei, although a number of Hong Kong researchers of the breed seem to question that. Either version is marketed as an 'ancient' breed, but it is known, particularly the bone-mouth, to have been crossed by other breeds. It was a fighting dog bred in Hong Kong. The thing is, there was never really any standards other than making the best fighting dog. That's why a number of these breeders crossed them with bull terriers, pit bull, staffs, etc.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I fucking love the Tibetan Mastiff. It's like a big plush teddy bear that you can cuddle with and then a burglar comes into your home and it goes into OMG WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS MONSTER GET IT AWAY FROM ME WHY IS THEIR A BEAR IN THIS HOUSE? mode.

mekes

Just in case anyone is wondering, this is a Tibetan Mastiff. Good guard dog. A hard keeper for sure. This is a kind of dog you really have to know what you're doing if you ever got one.

Some more photos.

Its also I believe the most expensive breed in the world. One of my favorites, glad to see it so well repped in here!

Obligatory Chewbacca noise!
c0ff9f81fd0267bc93cf96db4c6fcd5d.jpg

Anteater

Who the fuck actually thinks all those wrinkles are cute?

Those wrinkles are awesome dude.

Bone-mouths actually have very few wrinkles, if they have any at all,

It is a breed you're more likely to find in Hong Kong than in the West. That's not to say yours wasn't, it's just that the more wrinkly version is more common in the West.

I was interested in getting a bone-mouth so took some interest in them. The bone-mouth is generally spoken of as the 'traditional' shar pei, although a number of Hong Kong researchers of the breed seem to question that. Either version is marketed as an 'ancient' breed, but it is known, particularly the bone-mouth, to have been crossed by other breeds. It was a fighting dog bred in Hong Kong. The thing is, there was never really any standards other than making the best fighting dog. That's why a number of these breeders crossed them with bull terriers, pit bull, staffs, etc.

Thanks for sharing, never knew about that! Yea I used to live in Hong Kong, I remember she's much less wrinkly and she was "taller" and slim, I just thought that's how the female looks like when they grow up, it's been so long though, could barely remember what she looked like, but she could just be the normal breed because my dad seem to like the more wrinkly ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom