• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spotify coming to PS3 and PS4; Music Unlimited shutting down.

Garibaldi

Is there video game music on Spotify? 'Cause I want to enjoy my video game music while I enjoy my video games.

yodawg.png

I've got a few set up yeah. The Last of Us, Velocity and I think Bayonetta.

Good news on this. I'm not sure what they're on about with the tablet and phone stuff though. Surely Spotify already works on pretty much all mobile devices. If it doesn't I have no idea what I've been listening to at work for the last year.

Sounds fishy.

Why not Spotify itself?
Will this only have a selection of Spotify's content?
Why is it called "PlayStation Music" and not "Sony Music"? The latter would make more sense imo. Especially on phones and tablets.

I wouldn't be skeptical.

"With more than 30 million songs and 1.5 billion playlists, Spotify on PlayStation Music has it covered."

BeeDog

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Best. Gaming. News. In. Quite. Some. Time.

Awww yiss motha FUCKIN SPOTIFY

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Enjoyed using Music Unlimited on my Vita when they had that crazy year long sale for it. Was worse than Spotify but Vita being left out in the cold is pretty brutal - but expected.

Still super excited for this.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Sony droppin bombs this morning!
This is awesome news!
JoYWPkn.jpg

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Glad I got in on that 99 cent Spotify deal but considering I never used custom music on any of my consoles this seems to be relatively useless to me.

Piccoro

Is there video game music on Spotify? 'Cause I want to enjoy my video game music while I enjoy my video games.

yodawg.png

Sure there is. I listen to this all the time:

Killer Instinct Season 1 Soundtrack
Street Fighter IV Soundtrack
Skullgirls Soundtrack

Spotify is awesome!!!!

Tenebrous

I've got a few set up yeah. The Last of Us, Velocity and I think Bayonetta.

Good news on this. I'm not sure what they're on about with the tablet and phone stuff though. Surely Spotify already works on pretty much all mobile devices. If it doesn't I have no idea what I've been listening to at work for the last year.

What do you have to search to find Bayonetta?

If you search Nobuo Uematsu, you can listen to Distant Worlds I & II, along with a few other albums. Pretty awesome.

chadskin

It's not just radio like Pandora is. Spotify is on demand music streaming, although if you opt in for the free service you'll only get shuffle play (play a specific artist, album, playlist) and radio.

Shuffle play applies to mobile devices only, though. On Windows/Mac with the client you can select whatever song you like. Will be interesting how they handle it on the PS4, probably shuffle play, too.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Wow. This is great. Last year I had an absurd amount of hours of Spotify-activity and this won't exaclty decrease that number.

Yoday

Sounds fishy.

Why not Spotify itself?
Will this only have a selection of Spotify's content?
Why is it called "PlayStation Music" and not "Sony Music"? The latter would make more sense imo. Especially on phones and tablets.

Is this the beginning of PlayStation as a standalone brand?
I would guess because PlayStation is a larger and more trusted entertainment brand than Sony at this point.

leeh

Excellent news for PS4 owners!

Spotify, you have an app on WP8 which is good, please port it to W8/X1. K thanks.

krpiper

It says "initially on ps3/ps4" Will the Xbone get this too do you suppose?

Either way D3 or Forza Horizon 2 (hopefully) with spotify is a win win!

Did not expect this at all... This is amazing news, Sony are forward thinking and open with this move.

With Sony Music having a huge chunk of the music market anyway, Sony probably make more money with Spotify than Music Unlimited so they went straight ahead and saw the light with this Spotify partnership.

Awesome !

Derpyduck

Banned
There was a 99 cent deal? Damn it...

Not as good as the 99 cent deal, but if you're a student (or know a student's name and their school name) you can get a year of Spotify at half off. My niece uses Xbox Music, so she allows me to use her info to get Spotify for half off.

Also, sounds like we have Spotify virgins in here. You can use it for free all you want on the web if you're interested to see what they have.

Top Bottom