• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Basic £99.99

Get this and smash bros or upgrade my pentium g3420 to an i5. It's a genuinely hard choice.

Edit: The deal ended. I guess the choice just got easy again.

It is not a deal until someone has it in their cold bloody hands. I was burned several months ago by John Lewis who claimed to have 1000 Basic Wii U w/ NSMBU for £115. Order canceled as they blamed a supplier and John Lewis wouldn't give me any compensation* for the pending charge they issued (heres a fucking idea, don't make a pending charge until you've checked the item actually exists). A similar price point makes me wonder if it is the same shoddy supplier.

*-In-store I got NSMBU for £10 so thats okay.
I ended getting a used NSMBU Premium bundle a week later and sold NSMBU for £14 so maybe it worked out for the better?

I'd much rather have $200 "refurbished" premium consoles on tap from NOA than wild goose chases/hope you were glued to your PC 24/7 for the 50 minute deal.

I know that feel. GAME have their non-Mario Kart Black WiiU SKUs listed at in-store prices of £110 or £130. A few weeks ago 3 stores near me were showing stock, then the day I was going to go 2 of those stores were showing out of stock. I phoned up the 1 that still showed stock and they said they only had the Mario Kart bundle at £250, but they confirmed the in-store price of the cheap SKUs. Makes me wonder if those 2 stores that transitioned to showing out of stock actually had them or not? The employees were saying how shitty their online stock system is.

Meanwhile on their website they used to have the Wind Waker bundle for £165 when it was out of stock. Now that it's in stock? £250. Rip off merchants.

After this Tesco price I don't know what my next move will be. Go for the White WiiU £170 with Smash Bros. deal, or wait it out until another crazy £99 price comes along? If GAME sold the Black WiiU with Smash Bros. for £170 I'd have done it already.

Sensational price to be honest. Worth it for Wind Waker HD alone.

And the White console is superior to the black system - in terms of looks.

Both those are true, wish I would have got a white version. Also there needs to be more colors! Wii had so many different colors to choose from. Wii U is just black and white.

Hasney

Since forever, apparently. That's why I didn't link it. No idea why they're blocked - they've always provided an exceptional service for me at least.

They were hacked and credit card information got out and generally poor customer servide when things do go wrong, like the guy who moaned to his friend about the price on his PS4 pre-order not dropping like everywhere else via Twitter and ShopTo then deleting his account and pre-order. Sure, they gave him a PS4 to make up for it, but it would never have happened if it didn't get traction here and Reddit.

Personally, since they screwed up my Vita order which I didn't get on release, I've steered clear unless it's been out of desperation. Like after Amazon screwed up the Smash with adaptor bundle, I went there first, but the order wouldn't show in my account. I asked CS, they didn't respond for 3 hours so I ordered one from gameseek and asked them to cancel theirs. They apparently couldn't. Gameseeks then arrives the next day and I don't see the ShopTo one for a week which I would have had to return to them for a refund anyway.

I'm sure the majority of orders go through fine, but their CS seems awful if something does go wrong.

Oh ffs I thought Tesco had restocked.

Still kicking myself that I missed this, I even managed to add it to basket. If I hadn't had to reset my password I think I may have gotten it :(.

ShopTo's £120 deal isn't bad though, but at this point I'm just going to wait for the black SKU to come down in price or hope for another £99 stonker.

ShopTo also let you pay it for it £12.60 a month, it'll work out to just below £150 over time which isn't too shabby either.

WiiU Basic? For a while, yeah.

A lot of them have cleared the older Premium stock as well. The Mario Kart bundle is the mainly stocked SKU now, for the ridiculous price of £200-£250. I'd bite on that bundle if GAME did it for £180 (I've got in-store trade-in credit).

For everyone who missed out this is a similar deal. If you're up for getting store credit it's only £2.50 more.

Also a good deal, if slightly complicated.

PaRappa

I can see Xbone and PS4 officially coming down to £199 especially if there are cheaper SKUs. £99 might well become the Wii U's official price by Christmas especially if Nintendo continue to intend on supporting it into 2016

I wouldn't advise people to go on a goose chase unless they know there are Tesco Extra stores near them and if they usually are supplied with Nintendo stock. HUKD In store deals aren't worth the hassle.
I got a PS2 bundle for £50 once but the site was a lot smaller back then. Far fewer career flippers I imagine.

Hiltz

I finally have some money to spend and I'd like to get a Wii U for $200 or less, but don't want to get screwed over a bit by missing out on some good, random deals.

oni-link

I can see Xbone and PS4 officially coming down to £199 especially if there are cheaper SKUs. £99 might well become the Wii U's official price by Christmas especially if Nintendo continue to intend on supporting it into 2016

My concern is with rumours of games going out of print, and no account system, it's becoming a worry over being able to get one that won't break and cost me everything

Maybe the 3DWiiU2 (Which will follow recent absurd Nintendo system naming conventions) will be backwards compatible too, maybe its better to just wait for that system

One of the users on HDUK:
"Just picked up lego undercover premium editiom for same price x".

Bloody bargain price for the white model, but for the black model it's nearly as good as free!

Volotaire

One of the users on HDUK:
"Just picked up lego undercover premium editiom for same price x".

Bloody bargain price for the white model, but for the black model it's nearly as good as free!

I don't want to sound jealous/salty/etc., but I've never put much stock in people claiming that have incredible better deals without proof in the actual HUKD threads. If he/she did genuinely get that Wii U for that price, mother of.....

I don't want to sound jealous/salty/etc., but I've never put much stock in people claiming that have incredible better deals without proof in the actual HUKD threads. If he/she did genuinely get that Wii U for that price, mother of.....

I checked his post history and they've been a user for 3 years with only 12 posts. I want to believe. (and if true I want to believe in stock near me).

xxczx

i hate pay day deals, my pay day is not until this Friday! what about the people in the private sector Tesco!!

Incredibly there are several people in that HDUK thread that managed to bag the WiiU Premium Lego bundle for £84, all legit and with proof. Trade in credit for the game is £22 store credit or £16 cash.

So essentially those lucky enough are nabbing a Black WiiU Premium, normally available for £200-£250, for only £62/£68 if they sell the game. Anyone lucky enough to have a 10% staff discount on top of that is talking £53.60/£59.60 by selling games.

Phinor

Man why can't the USA have these prices. I would even buy a few and give them as gifts.

Or Europe in general for that matter. It's all UK deals and shipping kills these deals instantly. Not that most companies even ship to locations outside of UK.

Cheapest Wii U is still 330€ at my local store shelf. For reference, Xbox One is also priced 330€ in that same store.

Or Europe in general for that matter. It's all UK deals and shipping kills these deals instantly. Not that most companies even ship to locations outside of UK.

Cheapest Wii U is still 330€ at my local store shelf. For reference, Xbox One is also priced 330€ in that same store.

For an XBone that's actually considerably cheaper than the UK, but for the WiiU that's ridiculously expensive.

Top Bottom