• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
It's still there.
he does mention it in their conversation though, but it plays out the exact same way.

I'm so amazed at the details in the game. Episode 5's file size is going to be big.

Just finished the fourth episode. Seems it was longer than the previous two at least... Surprise ending was a surprise.

I tried to warn Victoria about Nathan, but no matter what I chose she didn't believe me. Also, I failed to submit a photo.

Just finished the fourth episode. Seems it was longer than the previous two at least... Surprise ending was a surprise.

I tried to warn Victoria about Nathan, but no matter what I chose she didn't believe me. Also, I failed to submit a photo.

I don't think it's possible to
submit a photo.

Life is Strange has really grown on me and I'm currently replaying if for the third time from the beginning. I already really liked the first episode, but I think each episode so far has been an improvement, even though I'd say third and fourth are both just as masterful. I think Life is Strange is a perfect combination of well rounded characters you truly care about, solid writing, atmospheric locations, and a great soundtrack. I also really like those Donnie Darko and Twin Peaks influences and all the other movie references. It's been a great year for games, but this is my GotY (Along with The Witcher 3) so far.

Wow I'd never even heard of this game but just decided to purchase it on a whim after seeing some random praise online. Uhhh....yeah I just finished the first episode. It's so charming. I'm loving the main character in here too.

Definitely worth the season pass purchase if the other 3 so far are anything like this. I could easily see this being a GOTY contender for me (alongside The Witcher 3 of course)

Trouble

Banned
Just finished episode 4. I had put it off because I knew what was going to have to happen early on and it would be gut-wrenching (it was).

Also the end, I FUCKING KNEW IT. As soon as I got to the
bunker
and saw the
photos
I knew that
Nathan didn't take them
. The pieces fell into place, so I wasn't at all surprised.

ZeroRay

Got the season pass a few days ago after all the positive word of mouth and marathoned it.

Pretty damn engrossing, minus some cringeworthy stuff. Really looking forward to EP 5.

Picked up the game yesterday through constant praise from my friend. This game is amazballs. I agree with the zeroray about cringe, I cringed a few times.

I had a wave of emotions hit during episode 3, Aghh so much to say, I'll edit thoughts when I get home and am on my comp. But yeah, great game.

Choomp

Banned
Playing Until Dawn has given me my adventure fix and it really has made the wait for episode 5 easier. I'll still probably play the first four episodes from beginning before the release of episode 5.

Just done ep 3. I love the tone and style of the game, and Mogwai's Kids will be Skeletons was a great choice.

Really, really good game. So understated, yet has moments of grandeur and danger.

Persona7

Banned
Playing Until Dawn has given me my adventure fix and it really has made the wait for episode 5 easier. I'll still probably play the first four episodes from beginning before the release of episode 5.

Same here. Until Dawn is exactly what I needed while waiting for episode 5. I was hoping that Beyond Two Souls and Heavy Rain on PS4 would come out soon but it doesn't look likely.

Blues1990

For me, it's been the new King's Quest from The Odd Gentlemen. So far, it's been charming the pants off of me, especially with how dorky teenage Graham is.

I thought the wait for Ep5 would be unbearable but between Witcher 3 NG+, MGSV, Diablo 2.3... I totally got my mind busy and forgot about Ep 5... Just make it really shiny and chrome don't nod, don't go gently in the dark for your finale

This game was decent fun, but I got annoyed by the amount of teenage drama and just got bored somewhere in Episode 4. Also Chloe is annoying.

Same here. Until Dawn is exactly what I needed while waiting for episode 5. I was hoping that Beyond Two Souls and Heavy Rain on PS4 would come out soon but it doesn't look likely.

I've also been really waiting for Heavy Rain and Beyond to be released on PS4. I literally check the news about them daily, especially Heavy Rain since its a while since I last played it. I think the latest release rumor is by the end of this or the beginning of next year.

For me, it's been the new King's Quest from The Odd Gentlemen. So far, it's been charming the pants off of me, especially with how dorky teenage Graham is.

I actually already bought the first episode and have been planning to start it. It was exciting to see all those positive impressions and I might start it already this weekend.

Forgive me for asking what might have been already asked, but any news on the potential of a retail release? Last Square said they were considering it, but that was a long while ago.

big ander

first game I've played seriously in years. Enjoying it a lot. feel like the CYOA structure plus the unlimited time from the rewind makes me more sincere in my choices, I feel like I'm doing what I actually want to do as opposed to what I think will serve the "game" best, if that makes sense. The corny dialog can grate and the Twin Peaks et al fan service is a bit overdone, hell it's not that original a supernatural adventure story in general. But the contemplative tone is so on point. Hope episode 5 comes soon.
Ep 2 and 4 spoilers (Big ones):
Did anyone try to blame Jefferson for Kate's suicide (attempt). I remember thinking that it was so odd to be able to point the finger at him since Nathan and David were set up as antagonists so early on. I'm curious what the impact of that might have done.

(e4 spoilers)
I did this precisely because I thought it was a weird option—in that scene I checked out each option twice before actually settling on one. After it I was certain Jefferson was up to something, and I was kinda disappointed to find out I was right at the end of Ep 4. My theory is he and Nathan work in concert somehow, but I liked the idea of it being as simple as Nathan being severely sociopathic and the rich adults around him enabling his harmful tendencies.

I think you can only(e4 spoilers)
warn her successfully if you consoled her when the paint splashed on her. At least, she mentioned that when I successfully warned her.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I love how people are so used to the lack of true consequences that they are surprised when a game does it right.

Life is Strange is being dubbed and released in Japanese. This is the announcement trailer. It's weird, but hey, that means Square Enix thinks it's selling well to import it into their home country! Keep in mind localized games in Japan usually don't sell very well, but the sales are improving (possibly because the Japanese output is low lately).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBAVQmbNbBs

So on the start menu when you load a save you can see down in the bottom left hand side the text scrolls across with "Episode 5, "Polarized" coming soon...."

Labrys

Life is Strange is being dubbed and released in Japanese. This is the announcement trailer. It's weird, but hey, that means Square Enix thinks it's selling well to import it into their home country! Keep in mind localized games in Japan usually don't sell very well, but the sales are improving (possibly because the Japanese output is low lately).

Max is Kumi Tanaka, and Chloe is being voiced by Lynn. Interestingly both have roles in Fire Emblem, Awakening and Fates respectively.

I think you can only(e4 spoilers)
warn her successfully if you consoled her when the paint splashed on her. At least, she mentioned that when I successfully warned her.

Yeah, that what I what I was thinking. I did that when I replayed the scene in photo mode and was surprised how friendly she was afterwards.

Finaika

Wow, it sounds even better than the English dub.

Japanese likes high school anime, so maybe they will like this too.

i know its not finished yet, but whats the possibility of a Season 2?

Saleswise would hint it is very possible. Dontnod have previously stated they might want to work with a wholly disparate cast in a brand new location for a S2. Dontnod are working on Vampyr right now, which they might concentrate fully on after LIS. Dont forget, there were downplayed reports that Dontnod were going bankrupt a little over a year ago, so they have to be careful. They are likely in much better condition now though,

Labrys

That's awesome. I want to see how they translate hella into Japanese.

Hella's equivalent would be Meccha, which is a slang-y way of saying "extremely" or "very", like hella. They could use another word but that's the most likely one to use I think.

GSR

A friend and I have been meaning to jump into this. Is there any platform the game does particularly well/poorly on?

A friend and I have been meaning to jump into this. Is there any platform the game does particularly well/poorly on?
As long as you don't play it on last gen consoles you're okay. PS4 and Xbox One have some texture loading issues sometimes but those don't happen often, the pc version runs great, even on my very outdated hardware.

Pooya

Their next game is a vampire rpg, I'm not sure if they work on a sequel right away after this. Can they handle two projects simultaneously? unlikely.

jediyoshi

Maxxu,  daijoubu~?

Finaika

Maxxu,  daijoubu~?

image.php

Top Bottom