• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X "Direct" on Feb. 6 [info in OP]

ironcreed

Banned
One of the most beautiful open worlds out there. No doubt about it. And the mech traversal with the transformations just elevates it to the next level with such colossal scale and beauty to take in. It's quite sublime.

None of those do much to contradict my statement. They seem to affirm what I said.

I wasn't trying to contradict you dude.

I agree with you, but these customs look a lot better than the main character in all the recent footage.
Maybe you can make one better.

..or maybe you can't.

I was just letting you know you have options and don't have to run around with that specific derp red headed main character.

Dawg

WMP makes the colors go crazy

B9K1FR7CUAAyYJD.png:large

VLC looks better tho.

clarnaamloosvtru1.png

Peltz

So I am buying this game just to fly and drive the mechs. Also jump off some high cliffs. Hopefully within that I might also learn how to play my first RPG.

I don't play many RPGs (I'm an action gamer and have only finished about 2-3 RPGs in my lifetime) but Xenoblade on Wii roped me in. And this game looks like it's even better.

You will likely have no problem getting absorbed like I did considering what we know about X.

What's the deal with the core hole drilling exploration stuff around 7:30? Any translation on the different map icons?

Pretty sure that was a data probe, which after being sent out gives you info on the areas on the map that lit up. Also, the monster icon is apparently about huge monsters, and treasure is pretty self explanatory and already in english. THe other types weren't clearly stated as to what they meant

tuxfool

Banned
I wasn't trying to contradict you dude.

I agree with you, but these customs look a lot better than the main character in all the recent footage.
Maybe you can make one better.

..or maybe you can't.

I was just letting you know you have options and don't have to run around with that specific derp red headed main character.

Right. I'm not too fussy about how characters look, I just ask for as least Derp as possible. I don't think I'm asking for too much as Xenoblade characters had an ok look but just were appalling technically.

How deep is the combat system? This game might just push me over to buy a Wii
U.
I mean, hard to say exactly since it isn't out yet, but it's similar to the original Xenoblade which could have quite a bit of depth if you let it, and it does add a lot like a class system for even more skill customization, and the ability to target individual enemy parts based on positioning in order to weaken an enemy or restrict it's movement or stuff like that

Hey, I'm sorry if this was already answered pages ago, but I didn't see it updated in the OP. I'm at work and missed the Direct. Is there a youtube link to where I can watch it?

MCD

the characters look generic as fuck. can't play jrpgs without strong emphasis on characters.

ff15 and persona 5 for me this gen it seems.

RiggyRob

So there's a Wii U bundle and a soundtrack when you buy Xenoblade 3DS, or is the soundtrack just freely available?

Either way, it's looking great.

Pretty sure that was a data probe, which after being sent out gives you info on the areas on the map that lit up. Also, the monster icon is apparently about huge monsters, and treasure is pretty self explanatory and already in english. THe other types weren't clearly stated as to what they meant

That was setting data probes to gather information the Frontier Net/information system/game pad stuff in the game. One icon was for treasure, another for (unique?) monsters.
Sounds great, thanks bros!

Looks like this game will be just as mechanically dense as its predecessor, if not moreso! That makes me happy.

rhandino

Banned
I saw the videos in GameXplain... the video where they showcased the areas is soooo good, is there any translation of the names of each area?

God, this game will kill me =D

Effect

Surprised by how much I could get out of the direct based on the information we already had and not knowing the language.. The locations look amazing and the scale continues to be insane!

Diffense

How deep is the combat system? This game might just push me over to buy a Wii
U.

Xenoblade's combat system was fun and became surprisingly interesting given its simple fundamentals. This game seems to take some of its concepts further. For example, every character can switch between Melee and Ranged combat during battle now. Arts have multiple levels (eg. if you wait for one to charge to a higher level it may gain additional effects). There are different character classes which can be level separately from the character, you can switch classes during battle, and you can assign tactics to your AI party members. Also, it appears that positioning may play a greater role. In Xenoblade, certain arts had special effects if they were done behind the enemy, for example. I remember hearing that it may matter in X whether you are on higher ground than the enemy. Then of course, when you get dolls there is the option to fight in a doll and you can disembark on the fly. Dolls are more powerful but can't target specific body parts.
(I suspect the NA name for the mechs will be more like 'armors' or 'suits' than 'dolls'. Just as Pit does not smile on his NA Uprising box art. lol)

It looks like there will be quite a few combat options to play with.

rhandino

Banned
Can we revive the "only one city" discussion though?

I'm worried.
It appears that New LA is bigger than every city in the original combined as it is and it appears thaty you can help in finishing the construction.

I will not mind if there is one big and massive city with little settlements in each area but I kind of think there will be two more cities (One for the Nopon of Mira and the other in the area that appear full of alien buildings)

Also, this page has so many gif, my browser is dying =P

Z3M0G

Did anyone gif the scene where they go down the large hole in the mec?

I can't see half the gifs here on my work network... :(

Top Bottom