• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Jeremy

10955180_1401154673530699_1839969333_n.jpg

Also, thanks for the posts on the origins of the "Majin" race. It makes more sense in the literal context of Demon Man but I think trying to piece together why the Majin race is called Majin will make as much sense as the name "Frieza Race".

Dominator

Does your character's voice change at all in Super Saiyan mode?

I'm stuck choosing between Jap. Voice 8 and 10 for a Lunch clone and want to consider if her voice deepens in Saiyan mode.
They don't even talk, just grunt. In the heat of battle I can't even hear the grunts, so I wouldn't say its crucial in the least.

How are Majins? Do they have any special abilities?

I glanced through the full skill list (available in-game) and it looks like Majins are exclusively able to learn a decent amount of iconic Majin Buu attacks. There are, of course, race-restricted skills for the other races as well, e.g. Saiyans and the Super Saiyan skill.

Equipment is in a similar state, with a decent amount of exclusives per race, with Earthlings and Saiyans at the forefront.

Didn't someone make this exact same post earlier?

Anyways, the voices will actually shout their attacks, DBZ-style. Kamehameha, Special Beam Cannon, Galick Gun, etc. It also affects their grunts. However, other than that, they are silent protagonists.

I hope they let Dimps make a sequel instead of shifting it from dev to dev all the time. They have the means to make something really incredible if given the chance.

This "Destiny-like" game structure works surprisingly well here. I wonder if it could make for a great Naruto game. With a focus on adventure and exploration in the co-op quests, instead of just battles.

This game needs to be DBZ's Street Fighter. They can make other DBZ fighting games but Xenoverse needs to last for generations. I hope it gets so popular they go deep into more DB Online stuff and start tapping Akira Toriyama for character designs.

I don't know if I should respec my Majin character. I'm pretty balanced in stats at level 19. I feel like I should specialize in something, which I would prefer to be melee supers but you get punished so bad for using them and none so far do as much damage as ki attacks.

Astral

I glanced through the full skill list (available in-game) and it looks like Majins are exclusively able to learn a decent amount of iconic Majin Buu attacks. There are, of course, race-restricted skills for the other races as well, e.g. Saiyans and the Super Saiyan skill.

Equipment is in a similar state, with a decent amount of exclusives per race, with Earthlings and Saiyans at the forefront.

Didn't someone make this exact same post earlier?

Anyways, the voices will actually shout their attacks, DBZ-style. Kamehameha, Special Beam Cannon, Galick Gun, etc. It also affects their grunts. However, other than that, they are silent protagonists.

Oh ok. That's fine then.

patchday

Btw speaking of camera, does anyone know how to stop the camera from autotilting while in the hub (toki toki city)? Sometimes the Camera wigs out and just start pitching all of its own accord and I dont know how to stop it. I think after rebooting my ps4 I'm good

what the fuck i was playing one of the sidequests and as soon as it ended i got disconnected from the server and couldn't connect again. i am getting irritated. i better be able to play after dinner

And one mooore thing!

Can you give a Saiyan human clothes and vice versa or are all costumes race dependent?

A lot of equipment is race-neutral. Seems particularly true for generic outfits like "Saiyan Armor" or "training gi." Aside from this, there are a fair amount of Earthling or Saiyan exclusives, and less Namekian, Frieza's race, or Majin exclusives.

Every piece of equipment is easily marked so you can see what it does, who can wear it... although there's no way (I know of) to preview the item before you buy it.

So, basically, a majority of equipment is all-access with others exclusive to a specific race (or, in some cases, gender).

Cool, thanks everyone! Think I'm able to get on with making a character now.

WAIT!

Clothing can be recoloured immediately after you start, so don't worry about it too much. AFAIK, all clothing can be recoloured at whim while in the hub.

Don't make the mistake I did and obsess over it.

Zukuu

Banned
So how does this play exactly? Do you create a character and 'accompany' NPC characters in their story fight, or do you play the story character for their respective fight?

RPG elements?

Ultimadrago

What are you going with? I was thinking Saiyan, but I really want to make a cute Buu girl.

Well, originally I wanted a Majin female because they're cute as a button. But theeen, I saw that costume DLC of an old-time favorite of mine, Lunch/Launch, is coming (and I have the season pass).

So I want to make one of each, but think I'm going to start out with the basis for Lunch. She'll have blue hair when normal, but yellow when Super Saiyan (just like her personality twist when she sneezes) if all goes well that would be badass.

I just hope the costume fits Saiyans too or I'm in shit street.

WAIT!

Clothing can be recoloured immediately after you start, so don't worry about it too much about it. AFAIK, all clothing can be recoloured at whim while in the hub.

Don't make the mistake I did and obsess over it.

Not all clothing only certain sets.

Awesome. I needed to know this as well, thanks.

Corgi

Banned
hQ6JIGg.jpg

whats the move the lady buu is doing in the screenshot for this?

Having a AOE move would make these musou fights so much better :/

Think im gonna try a different race. Realize human's ability is pretty useless because I'm always using skills.

Jeremy

Can you change any physical features after starting the game? The male Majin's smiling facial expression is way out of place in terms of the story.

Can you change any physical features after starting the game? The male Majin's smiling facial expression is way out of place in terms of the story.

I think collecting the seven dragonballs allows you to edit characters' appearances.

Also note that completing the story unlocks the other character slots. (They might start at level 1 though, not sure.)

Greenymac

I made a Namek for two reasons...

1. I knew most people would be saiyans.

2. We all know that the nameks are the "black people" of DBZ....
At least thats how I always felt.

patchday

Is that the one where
you're Ginyu? Camera was all types of fucked up in there, and killing 20 guys was overkill IMO.

Yep that's the one!!! Camera went to hell in there. Hopefully they can improve their Camera code for indoor scenes in Xeno 2

[edit] To be specific, we are discussing trying to remain locked on to enemies while flying around in an enclosed area (explaining to others they might not have any idea what we are talking bout)

Smash88

Banned
I also preordered from an external site and my DLC tab had an entry for the preorder dlc once I redeemed the code.

Well looks like the gamersgate website scammed me out of the preorder.

Oh boy, now I have to wait who knows how long before they even reply, just so I can get a refund. And I miss out on DLC that will never come out.

Thanks gamersgate.

Korezo

Death Ball has to be the best Ultimate Attack, been using it since like lvl 15. It has amazing accuracy and very good dmg + you can do even more extra damage because its easy to follow up since it launches your enemy up and not away.

Yeah...I wish there was an outfit and accessories preview...maybe it can be patched in later, no idea

Would like to have seen a short preview video for the skills before you purchased/equipped them

10955180_1401154673530699_1839969333_n.jpg

Also, thanks for the posts on the origins of the "Majin" race. It makes more sense in the literal context of Demon Man but I think trying to piece together why the Majin race is called Majin will make as much sense as the name "Frieza Race".

man i regret not picking them dot eyes for my female majin. if i get the 7 dragonballs can i change that?

k1t4j

My ki blast ultimate damage is ridiculous right now, I am level 44 and I take half an HP bar of a level 70 enemy with Final Flash :p

Sooooo gooood

Nameless

My ki blast ultimate damage is ridiculous right now, I am level 44 and I take half an HP bar of a level 70 enemy with Final Flash :p

Sooooo gooood

Mind sharing how you allocated your attributes. As I said earlier I'm thinking about starting over with a more ki centric character instead of a balanced one(Female Saiyan).

Top Bottom