• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

mckmas8808
Sony is POO
(05-08-2006, 11:16 AM)
mckmas8808's Avatar
Have you guys seen the new pics for Super Smash Bros for Wii yet?
Emotions
Member
(05-08-2006, 11:18 AM)

Originally Posted by mckmas8808

Have you guys seen the new pics for Super Smash Bros for Wii yet?

What , where?
post post post.
mckmas8808
Sony is POO
(05-08-2006, 11:22 AM)
mckmas8808's Avatar

Originally Posted by Emotions

What , where?
post post post.

Stormbringer
Member
(05-08-2006, 11:22 AM)
Stormbringer's Avatar

Originally Posted by mckmas8808

Have you guys seen the new pics for Super Smash Bros for Wii yet?

I pity the fool who make those kind of jokes a few hours before the Nintendo conference :( .
Emotions
Member
(05-08-2006, 11:24 AM)

Originally Posted by mckmas8808

Bleh , bad joke.
Polari
(05-08-2006, 11:24 AM)
Polari's Avatar

Originally Posted by mckmas8808

Not cool.
catfish
I have a foreskin yet I do not have AIDS
(05-08-2006, 11:27 AM)
catfish's Avatar

Originally Posted by mckmas8808

Wow looks HEAPS better than the GC version!
Nickovic
οἱ ἄλλοι ἀδελφοί ὑμῶν
οὐκ ἔχετε φθονεῖν
(05-08-2006, 11:27 AM)
Nickovic's Avatar
What are you on about those arent the real pictures.
mckmas8808
Sony is POO
(05-08-2006, 11:28 AM)
mckmas8808's Avatar
Oh my bad I thought they were. I didnt see the little disclaimer.

Go to http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?op...1&limitstart=3

to see what I saw.
Stormbringer
Member
(05-08-2006, 11:31 AM)
Stormbringer's Avatar

Originally Posted by mckmas8808

Oh my bad I thought they were. I didnt see the little disclaimer.

Go to http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?op...1&limitstart=3

to see what I saw.

Mr.T is gonna get ya' ...
f_elz
Member
(05-08-2006, 11:31 AM)

Originally Posted by mckmas8808

thats what it might look like too hehe:lol
Scrow
Still Tagged Accordingly
(05-08-2006, 11:42 AM)
Scrow's Avatar

Originally Posted by mckmas8808

Oh my bad I thought they were. I didnt see the little disclaimer.

Go to http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?op...1&limitstart=3

to see what I saw.

(pictured: Super Smash Bros. Melee)

:(

Originally Posted by f_elz

thats what it might look like too hehe:lol

seriously though, it isn't going to look all that different from SSBM.
TheKingsCrown
Banned
(05-08-2006, 11:46 AM)

Originally Posted by Scrow

:(

seriously though, it isn't going to look all that different from SSBM.

I can't imagine it will look much different. Unless they've been toying with it for a long time, I can't see how the Wiimote could work with this alone. It needs the shell. And it needs online. Enough said.
FightyF
Banned
(05-08-2006, 11:50 AM)
All I have to say is that if most major devs will support the Wii in the same fashion Ubisoft is...the console is obviously a must buy.

It sounds like EA is following suite...and SEGA/Konami to a lesser extent. As long as they can release a solid title every year, the console has accomplished more than the GC.
Emotions
Member
(05-08-2006, 12:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Fight for Freeform

All I have to say is that if most major devs will support the Wii in the same fashion Ubisoft is...the console is obviously a must buy.

It sounds like EA is following suite...and SEGA/Konami to a lesser extent. As long as they can release a solid title every year, the console has accomplished more than the GC.

"YAWN" bad troll
and Nintendo >>>>>> Sega
NeonZ
Member
(05-08-2006, 12:45 PM)
NeonZ's Avatar

Originally Posted by mckmas8808

Meh. I'm sure SSBWii will look better than SSBM. Some character models (Like Mario's) might not get much improved, but overall the game should look clearly better.

SSBM's graphics suffered because they used many old N64 models, the Wii version probably won't suffer from that.
Last edited by NeonZ; 05-08-2006 at 12:53 PM.
phi
Member
(05-08-2006, 12:55 PM)


[edit]
found the original source : http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=...UserId=4561231
Last edited by phi; 05-08-2006 at 02:41 PM.
Jacobi
Banned
(05-08-2006, 12:58 PM)
Jacobi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Scrow

:(

seriously though, it isn't going to look all that different from SSBM.

Umm, the enviroments looked really bad. There was definitely more possible even on the GC.
TheKingsCrown
Banned
(05-08-2006, 12:59 PM)

Originally Posted by phi

*runs* "Saint's what?"
neoanarch
Member
(05-08-2006, 01:01 PM)
neoanarch's Avatar
saints row?
Scrow
Still Tagged Accordingly
(05-08-2006, 01:02 PM)
Scrow's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jacobi

Umm, the enviroments looked really bad. There was definitely more possible even on the GC.

what i was trying to get at is a game with the kind of style SSBM has doesn't really fit with hyper-realistic types of graphics. I have little doubt that technically the next SSB will be several steps above SSBM, but it isn't going to actually look like a massive improvement. It's a case of style vs. technology.

Originally Posted by TheKingsCrown

I can't see how the Wiimote could work with this alone. It needs the shell.

the shell? I seriously doubt they'll do that. The shell will be nothing but an afterthought for 1st party games. For Nintendo it's going to be all about the wiimote. The shell is only there for developers who don't want to make anything different.

Originally Posted by TheKingsCrown

And it needs online. Enough said.

indeed.
Last edited by Scrow; 05-08-2006 at 01:05 PM.
sprsk
force push the doodoo rock
(05-08-2006, 01:05 PM)
sprsk's Avatar
yup that monitor definitely says saints row

there goes another xclusive!
Nickovic
οἱ ἄλλοι ἀδελφοί ὑμῶν
οὐκ ἔχετε φθονεῖν
(05-08-2006, 01:06 PM)
Nickovic's Avatar

Originally Posted by phi

OMG THE NINTENDO LOGO IS IN 3D

and saint rows on sony's booth.
TheKingsCrown
Banned
(05-08-2006, 01:07 PM)

Originally Posted by sp0rsk

yup that monitor definitely says saints row

there goes another xclusive!

I haven't followed this one. Where did it end up? And where do you think it's exclusive went?
gofreak
GAF's Bob Woodward
(05-08-2006, 01:07 PM)
gofreak's Avatar

Originally Posted by sp0rsk

yup that monitor definitely says saints row

there goes another xclusive!

Are we sure that's Sony's booth? Though THQ is nowhere near there anyway..
sprsk
force push the doodoo rock
(05-08-2006, 01:07 PM)
sprsk's Avatar
nintendos booth looks alot like it did last year.
Jacobi
Banned
(05-08-2006, 01:07 PM)
Jacobi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Scrow

what i was trying to get at is a game with the kind of style SSBM has doesn't really fit with hyper-realistic types of graphics. I have little doubt that technically the next SSB will be several steps above SSBM, but it isn't going to actually look like a massive improvement. It's a case of style vs. technology.

Maybe there will be a change of style.

nintendo could always pull of a Wind Waker (also with Mario).
DefectiveReject
Banned
(05-08-2006, 01:08 PM)
DefectiveReject's Avatar
OKay there's DS units, where's the Wii?
Chrono
Banned
(05-08-2006, 01:10 PM)

Originally Posted by DefectiveReject

OKay there's DS units, where's the Wii?

They're still in boxes. Otherwise people could figure out the final secret. :D
TheKingsCrown
Banned
(05-08-2006, 01:13 PM)
So has anyone confirmed that's the Sony booth screen?
Nickovic
οἱ ἄλλοι ἀδελφοί ὑμῶν
οὐκ ἔχετε φθονεῖν
(05-08-2006, 01:14 PM)
Nickovic's Avatar

Originally Posted by DefectiveReject

OKay there's DS units, where's the Wii?

It's not done.
sprsk
force push the doodoo rock
(05-08-2006, 01:14 PM)
sprsk's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nickovic

It's not done.


theres that and the possibility that all the revo stuff is in a seperate room like the ds 2 years ago and zelda last year
DrM
Redmond's Baby
(05-08-2006, 01:17 PM)
DrM's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheKingsCrown

So has anyone confirmed that's the Sony booth screen?

Hm, it must be. According to floorplan.


THQ is in south hall, near Microsoft booth
Nickovic
οἱ ἄλλοι ἀδελφοί ὑμῶν
οὐκ ἔχετε φθονεῖν
(05-08-2006, 01:17 PM)
Nickovic's Avatar
So where is this from? Could it be last years?
TheKingsCrown
Banned
(05-08-2006, 01:19 PM)

Originally Posted by DrM

Hm, it must be. According to floorplan.

THQ is in south hall, near Microsoft booth


What if that middle space is where Wii will go? All I see is DS. Although I agree with your analysis.

Edit: Never mind it seems this was announced for PS3 previously?
Last edited by TheKingsCrown; 05-08-2006 at 01:25 PM.
Rocked
Member
(05-08-2006, 01:26 PM)
Has anyone heard a rumour that the secret is the controller can turn hot and cold?
Aft Dread Pressure
Member
(05-08-2006, 01:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Rocked

Has anyone heard a rumour that the secret is the controller can turn hot and cold?

Yeah, but that's an old one. Like, before it was even unveiled at TGS '05.
jarosh
has an official NeoGAF
license to hit you on
the head with a skillet
(05-08-2006, 01:29 PM)
jarosh's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chrono

They're still in boxes. Otherwise people could figure out the final secret. :D

Nickovic
οἱ ἄλλοι ἀδελφοί ὑμῶν
οὐκ ἔχετε φθονεῖν
(05-08-2006, 01:34 PM)
Nickovic's Avatar

Originally Posted by jarosh

I'm sick of this shit *shakes head in disbeleif*
Scrow
Still Tagged Accordingly
(05-08-2006, 01:56 PM)
Scrow's Avatar
:lol :lol :lol
Stormbringer
Member
(05-08-2006, 01:59 PM)
Stormbringer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nickovic

I'm sick of this shit *shakes head in disbeleif*

Do not worry, in a few hours, everything will end :) . Finally.
jarosh
has an official NeoGAF
license to hit you on
the head with a skillet
(05-08-2006, 02:03 PM)
jarosh's Avatar
.
Last edited by jarosh; 05-08-2006 at 02:28 PM.
Aft Dread Pressure
Member
(05-08-2006, 02:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Stormbringer

Do not worry, in a few hours, everything will end :) . Finally.

You know it won't. :lol

It never ends.
jarosh
has an official NeoGAF
license to hit you on
the head with a skillet
(05-08-2006, 02:06 PM)
jarosh's Avatar
scrow stop changing your avatar
big_z
just gonna rub one out
in the next few minutes
(05-08-2006, 02:11 PM)
big_z's Avatar

Originally Posted by phi

Wow nintendo's booth sure is white, they even put down a white floor...
Stormbringer
Member
(05-08-2006, 02:14 PM)
Stormbringer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Aft Dread Pressure

You know it won't. :lol

It never ends.


Seriously :( ...
catfish
I have a foreskin yet I do not have AIDS
(05-08-2006, 02:17 PM)
catfish's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nickovic

I'm sick of this shit *shakes head in disbeleif*

Well now three cheers for chuckles...

photoshops are the best thing about gaf learn to love it or GTFO
jarosh
has an official NeoGAF
license to hit you on
the head with a skillet
(05-08-2006, 02:28 PM)
jarosh's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nickovic

I'm sick of this shit *shakes head in disbeleif*

evilromero
(05-08-2006, 02:31 PM)
evilromero's Avatar

Originally Posted by catfish

Well now three cheers for chuckles...

photoshops are the best thing about gaf learn to love it or GTFO

Or just learn to tolerate it. When people like jarosh post rediculous shit like the above pic, it doesn't defend your statement too well.
jarosh
has an official NeoGAF
license to hit you on
the head with a skillet
(05-08-2006, 02:33 PM)
jarosh's Avatar

Originally Posted by evilromero

Or just learn to tolerate it. When people like jarosh post rediculous shit like the above pic, it doesn't defend your statement too well.

why do you hate fun

Thread Tools