• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK New 3DS Ambassadors - Free Skull Kid Figure

dc89

Dear Ambassador

Thank you for purchasing New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition Bundle.

You can now qualify for an exclusive Skull Kid figurine!

Nintendo Official UK Store is now offering a FREE exclusive Skull Kid figurine* when you buy any New Nintendo 3DS with The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D. This promotion applies to all editions of the new console and game for a limited time only, while stocks last.

As you have already purchased your New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition Bundle before this promotion was available, we would like to assure you that you are also eligible for this offer when you buy The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D.

Please see below how to qualify:
______________________________________________________________________________________

Nintendo Official UK Store Logo If you have already pre-ordered the game from Nintendo Official UK Store

If you have already pre-ordered The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D from Nintendo Official UK Store you will receive your free Skull Kid figurine at the same time or a few days after the game has been delivered.

You do not need to do anything with your pre-order.
______________________________________________________________________________________

Nintendo Official UK Store Logo If you plan to purchase the game from Nintendo Official UK Store

If you haven't pre-ordered The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D from Nintendo Official UK Store and would like to take advantage of this Skull Kid promotion, you will need to purchase the game before Saturday 28th February 2015.

You will receive your free Skull Kid figurine at the same time or a few days after the game has been delivered.

If you have pre-ordered the game from another retailer

If you have already pre-ordered The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D from another retailer you can still qualify for this promotion. To do so, simply register your game on Club Nintendo by Saturday 28th February 2015.

We will dispatch your Skull Kid figurine once we have confirmation via Club Nintendo.

WTJ0ijb.jpg

Just received this email. I must remember to register my copy!

If old - turn me into Skull Kid.

Jakoo

I woulda if ya gave me the chance, NOA.

Excellent promotion for European Nintendo Fans--I have the special edition preordered on the US side and it seems like a really cool figurine.

krumble

Just ordered the Majora's Mask ltd from the nintendo store as they emailed me about this
I REALLY wanted the skull kid figure, so I'm VERY happy right now :)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha

hahahahahahahahahaaha

hahahahahahaha

hahahaha

haha

ha.

Man, this sucks. At least I was able to order the LE.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Well, I only had to buy the game to get the figurine. So NoA doesn't suck so much in this case.

backlot

So if you were lucky enough to win the lottery for the initial chance to buy an Ambassador New 3DS then you now get more stuff. Really sucks for those who never got the original email.

Busaiku

Reread it, you get the figure for either New 3DS Ambassador or ordering MM 3DS.
So free figure if you order MM 3DS from Nintendo UK Store.

But again, you need to have bought the system and the game.
Since Majora's Mask 3D isn't New 3DS exclusive, an LE with the figure is better (though limited stock is not).

Zafir

No? He means you have to buy a New 3DS from the Nintendo Store, AND buy the game from somewhere to get the Skull Kid figure. In the US you just needed to buy the special edition. Unfortunately NoA screwed up and didn't make it available for long, so in the end it isn't better, really.

No? He means you have to buy a New 3DS from the Nintendo Store, AND buy the game from somewhere to get the Skull Kid figure. In the US you just needed to buy the special edition. Unfortunately NoA screwed up and didn't make it available for long, so in the end it isn't better, really.
I am mostly reading this quote:
As you have already purchased your New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition Bundle before this promotion was available, we would like to assure you that you are also eligible for this offer when you buy The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D.
That sounds like doing either thing nets you the figure.

Edit: Rereading it seems a new system with MM 3D gets you the figure for free. My bad.

ffdgh

NoA really...really hate us. They have to at this point...maybe lol. Congratz on the goods yet again UK.

Woffls

Soooo this means I get two Skull Kid figurines with my Majora's Mask XL & Majora's Mask LE, right? Right?.

This is super annoying because I got the Ambassador invite and would probably rather have that than the MMXL :(

R0ckman

So is NoA behaving super conservatively to save money? Cause they sure as hell won't be getting anymore at this rate.

Zafir

I am mostly reading this quote:

That sounds like doing either thing nets you the figure.

Yeah, but that means you already bought a New 3DS, that's why we're getting it. You either bought the Ambassador's New 3DS before, and buy the game now, or you buy a New 3DS + Game bundle from the Nintendo Store to get the Skull Kid. Either way, you're buying a £150+ handheld to get it.

The UK =/= Europe. Mainland europeans are SOL, we can't order from the UK store and got a ridiculously low number of MM 3D Special Editions....that didn't include the figure in the first place.

Bass260

It's not NoA's obligation to give you a figure with your New 3DS purchase. They're generally incompetent but this is just Shibata going the extra mile here.

What I find funny is Nintendo UK seems to be really on point yet it's their weakest market.

Yeah, and guess what:

The UK =/= Europe. Mainland europeans are SOL, we can't order from the UK store and got a rediculously low number of MM 3D Special Editions....that didn't include the figure in the first place.
Well that is true, but at least you can get Amiibos by walking into the store.

Tenki

I have the New 3DS Ambassador console but I don't live in the UK, and Nintendo doesn't have an official store in Spain :(

Well that is true, but at least you can get Amiibos by walking into the store.

lol no. Getting Toon Link or Rosalina is almost impossible today.

North America:

Buy N3DSXL Majora's Mask edition, doesn't come with game. No figure.

EU:

Buy the system, get the game with it, and you get a Skull Kid figure.

Ayy lmao

Top Bottom