• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK New 3DS Ambassadors - Free Skull Kid Figure

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I assume you mean bought the ambassador 3DS in Jan AND MM 3D from the Nintendo store. I did and haven't received the skull kid. I did get the emails to tell me I'm entitled to it. I haven't registered MM3D yet tho, if it even came with a code? But I'm pretty sure I shouldn't have to.
If you bought MM3D from their store you didn't need to register. I haven't registered mine yet (slowly chipping away at the surveys) and got the Skull Kid figurine.

dlee83

Neo Member
I assume you mean bought the ambassador 3DS in Jan AND MM 3D from the Nintendo store. I did and haven't received the skull kid. I did get the emails to tell me I'm entitled to it. I haven't registered MM3D yet tho, if it even came with a code? But I'm pretty sure I shouldn't have to.

I didn't get Majoras mask from the nintendo store but the email I recieved stated that you didn't have to, I registered it on club nintendo on the release day 13/2. It seems people that didn't even buy or register Majoras mask at all were receiving them, but if they stick to the letter of the law from now on you might not recieve 1 at all as I think the latest date to register the game & qualify was 28/2.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You didn't have to register if you bought from the Nintendo UK store.
You had to register if you bought elsewhere.

Since you did register you should get one. If you use Gmail the email confirming the delivering may be hidden in one of the categories it generates like Promotions. It's delivered by Hermes so search for that to check that you didn't miss an email.

lewisgone

I called the Nintendo UK support number a few days ago to check I was registered as eligibile for the Skull Kid figure, but forgot to post about it here.

They said they were having stock shortage issues and to wait another week before calling again.

If they were having stock shortages, it's a little annoying they were sending them to people who didn't even buy Majora's Mask. But I don't mind waiting since it was so unexpected and is, after all, free.

dlee83

Neo Member
I called the Nintendo UK support number a few days ago to check I was registered as eligibile for the Skull Kid figure, but forgot to post about it here.

They said they were having stock shortage issues and to wait another week before calling again.

If they were having stock shortages, it's a little annoying they were sending them to people who didn't even buy Majora's Mask. But I don't mind waiting since it was so unexpected and is, after all, free.

Thanks for the info

dlee83

Neo Member
Finally had a reply to my e-mail yesterday, didn't mention stock shortages but told me to expect delivery of the statue from between 7 and 14 days. So whatever the reason it is comforting to know that the orders are still be processed & that I will get it eventually :)

I received mine before even buying Majoras Mask but then bought Majoras Mask anyway. Nintendo is fully aware by this point that it has me by the balls.

dlee83

Neo Member

Did you ever call them back mate? Has now been a full 14 days since nintendo emailed me back saying it would be delivered within 7-14 days and STILL no sign of it!

mclem

Well, here's an intriguing development: My Skull Kid arrived today.

The intriguing bit is that I already got one weeks ago.

I assume it's because I purchased two 3DSes - one Ambassador, one XL - and one copy of Majora's Mask, and it's basing the skull kid distribution on each 3DS in turn. In which case I expect that the Kid I got with the XL was the kid for the XL, and then later they noticed that I was an Ambassador and had bought Majora's Mask, so sent out a further one for that.

So, in short, Ambassador ones might well be on the way.

TheMoon

Well, here's an intriguing development: My Skull Kid arrived today.

The intriguing bit is that I already got one weeks ago.

I assume it's because I purchased two 3DSes - one Ambassador, one XL - and one copy of Majora's Mask, and it's basing the skull kid distribution on each 3DS in turn. In which case I expect that the Kid I got with the XL was the kid for the XL, and then later they noticed that I was an Ambassador and had bought Majora's Mask, so sent out a further one for that.

So, in short, Ambassador ones might well be on the way.

Don't try to make sense of it. They royally fucked up and don't know what they're doing over there in the warehouse. There are people who received FOUR of them.

Tillbo

Just a heads up to say that mine finally arrived today as well so hopefully they have solved the stock shortage issue and everyone will have theirs soon!

Top Bottom