• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

343 industries announces a Beta for a patch for the MCC, delays it, then cancels it.

http://aka.ms/feb9update

"After further evaluation, the team has determined that that final testing for the content update will be completed internally, and we will not be conducting a beta test for the next CU. Also, it was determined that the additional time and work devoted to the beta would’ve actually postponed the public availability of the content update. Lastly, there were some added challenges surrounding the CU beta – including an extra series of required updates and rollbacks - that made us take a step back and reexamine the CU beta. Ultimately, this plan will allow us to deliver the smoothest possible experience, and ensure that the next content update becomes available as soon as possible.

Progress on the CU continues, and we’ll work to provide an ETA once the final date is locked. As stated last week, our current focus and priority remains delivering the upcoming improvements to the matchmaking and party systems, but the team is also working on and prioritizing additional items beyond this, and I look forward to discussing these – a lot more – as we get closer to those updates."

Lots of good information here...

EDIT: Looks like 343i is still struggling to find what the fucki is wrong with their game and realized the "beta" would have lasted too long. What a shame this whole this has become.

final testing for the content update will be completed internally

Isn't that what caused the game to launch broken in the first place?

there were some added challenges surrounding the CU beta – including an extra series of required updates and rollbacks - that made us take a step back and reexamine the CU beta

This makes me think that rather than being close to fixing it, they are still in the early stages of figuring out exactly what's wrong.

Not promising.

Also shows some Relic artwork

relic_concept1_1120x630-8a9f56846fa5444aa95f19cb8d7209ee.jpg

343 said:
Our friends over at Certain Affinity have begun development of the Relic remake, and over the course of the next few months, we’ll take you behind the scenes on the development process.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
I'm glad they are canceling the beta. That was a just a terrible idea. It's also good to know we're getting the patch sooner because they are sticking with internal testing now.

Elginer

What the shit, are you kidding me? This games launch has been a hell of a fiasco for them. I was thinking of getting this when I picked up a One but this is just insane. Man, 2014 was a bad year for game launches.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Halo's Destiny is to Titanfall.

We really are the last of us.

Veelk

Banned
This whole affair makes me so sad. The MCC was supposed to be the thing that sold me on the Xbone. This whole thing is a disastrous mess

They're liars. There's still a beta, but it's a private one.

I'm not sure why they're telling people there's no beta when there is one. :|

Seventy70

They have the capability to fix this. They just don't give a shit. They got everyone's money and now it's time to move on to Halo 5. I bet the ODST add on they release will be a complete mess too.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
They have the capability to fix this. They just don't give a shit. They got everyone's money and now it's time to move on to Halo 5. I bet the ODST add on they release will be a complete mess too.

If they didn't give a shit, they wouldn't keep working on it and they would also cancel the ODST port.

Top Bottom