• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: big website update (chara. creation, field, new music)

Raide

SA94Ob1.gif

What a blessed day, let me go trough all this info =D

Baka! Its not like we wanted you to see the information or anything!

I mean yeah obviously. I'm really curious if it's an alternative and you can do both for many if not all quests, or if quests will be exclusively one or the other

Well, I kind of assume it's the only way, from my gaming experiences, but now that you mention it, I'm hoping we will be able to do both. I have a thing for going to the npc's to accept and complete quests.

Well, I kind of assume it's the only way, from my gaming experiences, but now that you mention it, I'm hoping we will be able to do both. I have a thing for going to the npc's to accept and complete quests.

I mean, from the overview video it definitely seemed like you could still receive quests directly from NPCs as well

DJIzana

Dear god I need this now already...

The artwork, the field design, the outfit design is really cool and different, the monster design, lots to do with character creation, the city... There's so much awesomeness stemming from this game! :D

Maebe

The boob slider is ridiculous because the higher it goes the more they look like balloons. I hope you can customize the characters' build beyond the height/boob though.

Hmm, the more they show off the "field" stuff, the more I'm pretty certain that there are only 5 areas in the game which bums me out a little. I'm sure there will be at least 1 more area not accessible at the beginning of the game (maybe the final area?), but 5 feels small. I know the areas themselves are huge and much larger than than individual area in Xenoblade, but... I don't know... I think I would have preferred smaller areas but having more diversity in them. Going from one area to another in Xenoblade was always so fun to see what it looked like. The first area in Xenoblade X looks pretty same-y all over. I know there will be some variety in the individual areas as evident by the pictures/videos released, but we'll see. I'm sure once I get my hands on it, I won't give a shit about the number of areas and will just be excited to play it. It's going to be a long wait after the JP version releases. :(

Boob slider ..... that was uncalled for xD

Some good face choices for the male protagonist, not entirely sure about the female ones.
Do we know if we are stuck with the presets or if we can change them a little ?

The pre-sets are just options.
You can literally tweak anything pretty much.

Gambit

Hmm, the more they show off the "field" stuff, the more I'm pretty certain that there are only 5 areas in the game which bums me out a little. I'm sure there will be at least 1 more area not accessible at the beginning of the game (maybe the final area?), but 5 feels small. I know the areas themselves are huge and much larger than than individual area in Xenoblade, but... I don't know... I think I would have preferred smaller areas but having more diversity in them. Going from one area to another in Xenoblade was always so fun to see what it looked like. The first area in Xenoblade X looks pretty same-y all over. I know there will be some variety in the individual areas as evident by the pictures/videos released, but we'll see. I'm sure once I get my hands on it, I won't give a shit about the number of areas and will just be excited to play it. It's going to be a long wait after the JP version releases. :(

I think it'll be a complete non-issue with the final game. If you want to you could say Xenoblade only has two areas: Bionis and Mechonis. And still we got lots of variety. The continents will undoubtedly be as varied. But like you I certainly hope there is a nice variety.

rhandino

Banned
Even if there are only 5 areas remember to take into account the size, time of day and climate and then it appears that inside those areas there are hidden sectors live that crystal cave or the inside of the mountain in the Valley of Ashes from the live stream...

It's going to be ok me thinks =D

DJIzana

Even if there are only 5 areas remember to take into account the size, time of day and climate and then it appears that inside those areas there are hidden sectors live that crystal cave or the inside of the mountain in the Valley of Ashes from the live stream...

Precisely. Add in the vertical aspect along with canals and that sort of thing... Swimming. Lots of diversity there too.

Zero²

This is awesome. So many new things. This game needs to get here sooner. And as always, love it when they release new music to their site. Did they confirm if they're releasing the album or not yet?
Since it's sawano, we will probably see an album release ^^

The boob slider is ridiculous because the higher it goes the more they look like balloons. I hope you can customize the characters' build beyond the height/boob though.

Its like the artists modelled every character after some dolls and not real people with real physics.

ironcreed

Banned
I am literally blown away by how this game is shaping up. It looks absolutely astounding. Oh, and suddenly the character customization does not seem so bad after all. Some good options there.

udivision

Its like the artists modelled every character after some dolls and not real people with real physics.

Judging what we've seen for their first HD game, there seems to be this recurring theme of "Monolith is on point!" and "Monolith is kind of new to this..."

Thankfully there are more instances of the former than the latter, but that makes the latter stick out all the more.

Given that Shulk's Japanese VA is the default Male character, I wouldn't be surprised if we get Adam Howden as the default here. I'd bet on getting at least some British VA.

edit: oh my god and the hot-blooded voice is reyn

PLEAAAASE LET OUR CREATED CHARACTER USE REYN'S VOICE

oh also melia is the high-class female voice

JCX

All the British actors/actresses moving to Hollywood for their showbiz careers.

Considering the variety in Japanese VA, yeah. It's not like there can't be any diversity even if it's based on an American city.

It just strikes me as something like Girls ignoring the ethnic diversity of NYC. If we're getting british voices, I hope we get voices reflective of people who actually live in LA first. But I doubt we will.

CHC

Looks awesome, glad to see some weathered looking male faces. Wasn't looking forward to potentially playing a J-Pop boy idol. I always pick old ugly dudes if possible.

It just strikes me as something like Girls ignoring the ethnic diversity of NYC. If we're getting british voices, I hope we better get voices reflective of people who actually live in LA first. But I doubt we will.

The city isn't literally LA. It's a new city based on the infrastructure of LA, or something like that. I assume the people that got evacuated from earth aren't just Americans.
Long story short: we want a potential Shulk 2.0 as main character.

JCX

The city isn't literally LA. It's a new city based on the infrastructure of LA, or something like that. I assume the people that got evacuated from earth aren't just Americans.

There's an American flag on the ship in the trailers IIRC. It's an American ship. Not that there aren't Americans with British accents, but if the ship is evacuating Americans, British accents are probably in the small minority.

I am also just generally tired of most fantasy games using British voices. It's tired at this point. America has a wealth of accents that are rarely utilized in these types of games.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

I thought there were multiple ships so there's a Neo London and a Neo Stockholm and a Neo Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch flying around up there.

There's an American flag on the ship in the trailers IIRC. It's an American ship. Not that there aren't Americans with British accents, but if the ship is evacuating Americans, British accents are probably in the small minority.

I am also just generally tired of most fantasy games using British voices. It's tired at this point. America has a wealth of accents that are rarely utilized in these types of games.
You forgot that in 2050 Britain conquered the USA.

British accents for everyone!

rhandino

Banned
Long story short: we want a potential Shulk 2.0 as main character.

1) DLC =P

2) Shulk unlocked using Shulk amiibo =P x 2

Gusy

img_field02_bou_02.jpg

So GAF.. correct me if I'm wrong but Am I going to be able to get my Doll and fly freely through this structure?

This could be too awesome to be real.. Am I missing something with this game?

Ulthwe

I believe those faces would look better if the eyes weren't so glossy:

sjHsRHW.gif

As9tINF.jpg

Environments are [drool***] and those concept arts look phenomenal.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hopefully one of the American voices just says "capisce" like a Mafia mobster.

Start a battle: "capisce"
Win a battle: "capisce"
Fall from a great height: "capisce"
Accept a quest: "capisce"
Level up: "capisce"
Laugh: "capiscehehehehehe!"
Jump: "Alley-oop capisce"

Oh I don't play a lot of fantasy games, you're right that British voices usually fill that 'fantasy' feeling. I'd love variety beyond a British accent as well, but I loved the all-British cast of Xenoblade Chronicles.. ):

Hopefully they will deliver some different accents, probably not as much as the JPN version.

I think it'll be a complete non-issue with the final game. If you want to you could say Xenoblade only has two areas: Bionis and Mechonis. And still we got lots of variety. The continents will undoubtedly be as varied. But like you I certainly hope there is a nice variety.

Yeah, you two are probably right. It was just a concern I thought about upon seeing the layout of the world map. I'm sure the world will still be massive. Are we expecting X to release this year worldwide? I'm going to be so jealous when the JP version releases... And afraid of spoilers.

Effect

Also we don't even know if the terrain will be altered at any point due to story reasons. That could happen. I imagine that the construction we see in Neo LA could be completed at some point. As different story events are completed I could see more and more of that area being finished. That leaves things open for other areas to be built up or just outright destroyed an revealing something else.

Then there is the entire underground. What if we have that ala Final Fantasy 4/2(US)?

Clov

Hopefully one of the American voices just says "capisce" like a Mafia mobster.

Start a battle: "capisce"
Win a battle: "capisce"
Fall from a great height: "capisce"
Accept a quest: "capisce"
Level up: "capisce"
Laugh: "capiscehehehehehe!"
Jump: "Alley-oop capisce"

What is this, PriPara?

On another note, that's a lot of options. I might end up spending the first few hours in the character creator alone. Can't wait to try this game out!

Top Bottom