• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

The Last Guardian will be the "and one more game" to end the show. Coming Spring 2016.

#Believe

I'm afraid I've got some bad news

giphy.gif

Griss

If I'm Nintendo and I've got Retro working on a new Metroid there's no way I don't get them to hold that back for a new console, unless it's on the Wii U, is extremely gamepad-centric, and they don't expect to have a new home console out until 2018 or so. Otherwise it's exactly the sort of title to create launch buzz around a new handheld or hybrid console with the kind of consumers that are very vocal. I'd be surprised to see Metroid this E3, I really would.

Also, everyone knows that Retro are working on Fucking Donkey Kong:
Tropical Freeze 3D... fuck

We're probably going to see Nintendo rely on remasters to get them through the rest of the Wii U life. Don't get me wrong - the Wii U still has tons of great new games coming. I'm just saying that I think almost all of them have already been revealed.

jiggle

Thanks to Hashimotroll
For the first time in almost a decade
I have no expectation of FFVIIR

Expecting a MMORPG from Level5
Dragon's Crown 2 from Vanillaware
Valkyria Chronicles 4 from Sega
Dragon Quest Heroes and Dragon's Dogma Online localization
And FFXV release dates

Ragona

Expecting Destiny Expansion pack at Sony conference for sure.
And ofc lots of indies and atleast 1 port/remaster/remake

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I think that Sony will also focus a bit on Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, the game recently hit alpha, and they said that getting to Beta will be faster than alpha. I think it might just release this year.

The rest, I agree completely with your list, Shinobi. And No Man's Sky, which now has to appear at every Sony event.

Hope there are some surprises. I'd love it if we got anything Silent Hills, but unless the rumor of "MGSV is complete and they just want to market now" is true, I don't see it happening at least until TGS.

Fallout 4 is all but confirmed, maybe Dishonored 2 and Doom

TLG will be rerevealed. Believe.

Guerrilla Games RPG revealed.

Morpheus info. Maybe 2015 holiday release.

Ratchet and Clank blow out if not done before E3

AdanVC

Buahaha that header image made my morning. Hnnnggh so the E3 hype officially starts now isn't it?? Time to think the craziest predictions!

I'm looking forward to see presentations from all game publishers/developers/consoles. Especially PS4 and Nintendo either Wii U, 3DS or some unexpected announcement they make (3DS successor to be revealed perhaps???) I predict some new hardware will be revealed.

I hope Nintendo has another wacky presentation.

Hell yes I hope they come back with the Treehouse doing streams. It worked perfectly last E3 and it prove to be waaaaaaaaay better and more entertaining than traditional and sometimes unecessary long Press Conference's.

jelly

1TB PS4 for $399
500GB for $349

1TB Xbox One for $349,
500GB Xbox One for $299

Microsoft get Star Wars Battlefront DLC exclusive.
Sony announce reveal their new take on Last Guardian for PS4.
Warner Bros/Rocksteady announce Justice League/Dawn of Justice game.

Nice OT Shinobi!

Any thoughts on permanent price drops? My gut says Microsoft will do so ...

Also, a little early ... but I am guessing we get a PS4 Slim tease this E3, if not before.

weekev

Banned
The Last Guardian appears
as a mobile exclusive to sell Xperia phones
Half life 3
wont be there
Uncharted 4 gameplay demo
to appease fans after its delayed to 2016
A new entry in the Elder Scrolls franchise
announced as a free to play nickle and dimeathon
A new Mario title announced
as Mario Chess with full on Amiibo support
Zelda U release date
holiday 2016 please understand
A new Metroid game
exclusive to new 3DS

AniHawk

sony's press conference will be an endurance run featuring trailers for every title coming to a playstation platform, including indie games, with no regard to pacing or the well-being of its audience.

L1NETT

New Deus Ex seems fairly likely. Hope they show a good chunk if it is mind.

Bar that, only thing that really gets me excited would be 4A Games showing off a new metro/their space game.

Ubi Montpellier's next big project might also be there? Loved the last two Raymans. Other UbiART projects could be cool.

Also whatever Relic are working on? Dawn of War III?

Floridian

The Last Guardian appears
as a mobile exclusive to sell Xperia phones
Half life 3
wont be there
Uncharted 4 gameplay demo
to appease fans after its delayed to 2016
A new entry in the Elder Scrolls franchise
announced as a free to play nickle and dimeathon
A new Mario title announced
as Mario Chess with full on Amiibo support
Zelda U release date
holiday 2016 please understand
A new Metroid game
exclusive to new 3DS

4 out of those 7 are actual possibilities.

KevinG

The Last Guardian with a name change.
Halo 5 campaign.
The Legend of Zelda Wii U and hopefully a new 3DS outing.

And OHPLEASELETTHEREBEANEWMETROID!

I am expecting Sony > Nintendo > Microsoft in terms of content without the factor of pacing.

Sony

-Reveal of more unannounced games with some gameplay along (i.e. GR2, Sony Bend, GG RPG, maybe Media molecule). More reveals less demos
-Morpheus

Microsoft

-Extended demo/gameplay of already revealed games (Halo 5, RotTR, Forza, Fable). Not a lot of new reveals

Nintendo

-Zelda U demo, anything can happen really, metroid maybe.

RPGCrazied

The most thing I want to see is Metroid's fate. A new trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3 would be nice as well.

Zelda U and XCX info/trailers is icing on the cake.

I predict that my glorious Treehouse overlords will return for another three days of madness and I will once again spend half of my week doing nothing but watch them on my computer.

wildfire

Banned
Press conference rankings

Nintendo A- (By virtue they don't improve last year's stellar formula in a tangible way)
Microsoft A- (for their sakes they better be this good but I'm not surprised if they don't rise to the occasion)
Sony A
EA B-
Ubisoft C+ (without last hype game) B (with surprise hype game)
Bethesda B+

If I get to walk away with a new RARE project and Metroid Prime successor announced it'll be a great E3. BG&E2 would make this show legendary but I'm not that hopefully - too many years of heartbreak.

Mass Effect, Quantum Break and many others I want to stay as far away from as humanly possible. So many games on the blackout list...

Leflus

Doing Microsoft first. Might come back and update the post with Nintendo/Sony/third party stuff later.

Known games:
-Halo 5 campaign gameplay
-Fable Legends "hey this game has a story you guys" trailer. Possibly a public beta announcement
-Forza Motorsport 6 gameplay and the obligatory "car lovers into gamers and gamers into car lovers" speech
-Scalebound gameplay
-Rise of the Tomb Raider gameplay
-Conker + other content updates for Project Spark

New announcements:
-Battletoads: The Killer Instinct/Phantom Dust announcement of 2015.
-Gears of War "4". Maybe Gears Collection as well.
-Rare's next game (might be Battletoads, or it might be something else)
-Killer Instinct Season 3
-Twisted Pixel Games' next game

Games I don't think will be there:
-Press Play's next game
-Lift London's games
-Crackdown
-Phantom Dust

Sony japan studio will show a game. Whether that is team Icos games or something else they been working on remains to bee seen. God of war tease is not to far fetched either. Gran turismo will defiently be there.

Sony's Conference:

- 2 hours long
- poorly paced
- 30 minutes on indies
- the middle part will be boring as shit
- game reels/other things that aren't interesting
- some neat game reveals

But I'll watch it anyway because of the possibility of a FFXV/KH3 trailer.

We have no clue what scale bound will be. It can be a panzer dragoon type dragon flying fame for all we know. The whole dragon idea feels like it's going to be multiplayer focused kind of like monster hunter judging from the trailer.

Yes, we do. Ken Lobb already said it's not MH like and that it plays to Platinum's strengths.

I think Shinobi's expectations are not that different from mine, though I do expect a Banjo game at the MS presser as well as updates on Crackdown and Phantom Dust.

New Retro game will be announced.

Sony is always a bit of a wild card, they will save stuff for Gamescom and PSX (I expect GoW and GT7 at the latter). I do expect Horizon and the new Media Molecule though.

sn00zer

Sony has gotten kinda predictable with these things. 2-3 HUGE announcements...and one really disappointing one that puts a damper on the whole thing.

Im actually most interested in MS. That one i really have no idea what they are going to announce. They had the best E3 last year announcement wise, they just needed some gameplay to back it up.

And Nintendo, still resting on the laurels of their pantheon of characters. Would like to see them announce a big WiiU exclusive that makes everyone go OOOoooo. X already seems to have that covered.

joshaube

Neo Member
I hope Nintendo continues their Treehouse @ E3 program. I found that approach to be a lot more interesting then the standard stage shows.

Nintendo's Known Games
+ Xenoblade Chronicles X release date in North America (August).
+ Yoshi's Wooly World release date in North America (September).
+ Star Fox U release date in North America (October).
+ Fire Emblem if release date in North America (October).
+ Zelda U release date in North America (November).
+ Mario Maker release date in North America (December).
+ SMT X Fire Emblem teased, no release date set.

Nintendo's New Localizations
+ Yo-kai Watch localization, release date set for Holiday 2015.
+ Bravely Second: End Layer localization, release date set for 2016.

Nintendo's New Games/Surprises
+ QoL presentation/demonstration.
+ Animal Crossing U announced, release date set for 2016.
+ Metroid (new3DS exclusive) announced, release date set for 2016.
+ No GameCube virtual console. Instead, we will see at least one announcement for an HD remake of a GameCube-era title. The title will be from an established Nintendo franchise.

Probably likely. I had completely forgotten about Morpheus.

Do we really think the PS4 can drive No Man's Sky at 85+ FPS on two screens? Or conversely, how much uglier would NMS have to be TO run at that speed?

Something Morpheus related does seem likely though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom