• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

nibblemonkey

Neo Member
Why doesn't Nintendo open up unlimited pre-orders at an earlier date and then just manufacture the amount of Amiibo which get pre-ordered, like they do with their games?
Because that would make sense and Nintendo appears to have something against making sense

Zafir

Get the feeling they'll probably cancel since it says being shipped from supplier.

Edit: It's posted on HUKD too, so yeah, I'd say they're definitely going to get cancelled.

TheMoon

Sell the sealed copy and go digital.

That's exactly what I'm doing. Well, except for the digital part. I just want a physical copy without the USK logo so I'll get a regular edition too and sell the one from the amiibo bundle. :D

Zafir

Those who ordered the amiibos from home essentials should probably check their order on the site. Seems they've stealth cancelled peoples orders without a email or anything.

mclem

Indeed. Happened to me. Not terribly surprised, really, although I am surprised that the items haven't been withdrawn from sale.

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/598110488195629056
CEzqUeaWAAA6L4k.png

mellowfiend

Neo Member
Any news on whether Shulk was due to get a rerelease in the EU?

I think he was meant to get one in May in the US but haven't heard anymore since then.

Also, I believe Dedede was due to get rereleased over here in June. I had an order with Coolshop cancelled this week however for the June rerelease. Anyone know anything?

mellowfiend

Neo Member
Ugh, I don't want Splatoon Hardcopy, but I want the Squid Amiibo.

Amazon UK may do the three amiibo in a pack, currently unavailable but may be worth looking around for. Just search for Splatoon and it should come up.

Also, for those interested, there's a company called Conrad Electronic UK that apparently have Little Mac and a couple of other rares in stock at fairly reasonable prices. The website looks extremely dodgy but the site has been given a green OK by Norton Safeweb.
Apparently it's based in Germany.

Amazon UK may do the three amiibo in a pack, currently unavailable but may be worth looking around for. Just search for Splatoon and it should come up.

Also, for those interested, there's a company called Conrad Electronic UK that apparently have Little Mac and a couple of other rares in stock at fairly reasonable prices. The website looks extremely dodgy but the site has been given a green OK by Norton Safeweb.
Conrad has a Dutch site as well, pretty good. They don't have Amiibo though and other Conrad departments don't ship internationally. :(

Koren

Conrad is not a company that often deals with things like Amiibos. It's mostly a shop that sell electronic components.

And it's a great shop, with a great service. I've met several people working there (in robotic competitions, mostly), and they're nice.

So I can vouch that the shop is perfectly fine (I've been shopping there for ages, maybe 15+ years). But I'm not sure you can expect them to avoid listing errors for items that are as limited as Amiibos.

Some people recently received rare ones from Conrad Fr, though, so at least you should try, there's definitively no risk involved, I'd say they're as trustworthy as you can hope.

Mumups

Gameseek have DDD and meta knight for preorder -£20 each.
Anyone used Gameseek for amiibo before? Ordered a Zelda from Grainger Games and I got an American one with a smashed up box...

Mob

It's nice in theory but I don't want to buy two copies of a game for Amibos that I want :(

I think it's a bit cheeky that they offer bundles when the individual amiibo are out of stock.

I can't remember the last time they had Marth in stock but he's available with Codename STEAM and he's been available for a month or so in a £250 n3DS bundle. Villager has also been available in a n3DS bundle for a month or so.

Very annoying imo

Flintty

I think it's a bit cheeky that they offer bundles when the individual amiibo are out of stock.

I can't remember the last time they had Marth in stock but he's available with Codename STEAM and he's been available for a month or so in a £250 n3DS bundle. Villager has also been available in a n3DS bundle for a month or so.

Very annoying imo

Bad form. It's like Nintendo are GAME in disguise!

Top Bottom