• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 Thread of Ye Olde Photos [READ OP]

So in summary worth it for what price in £? £40? £30?

I think no games should cost more than £39.99 RRP but as that isn't currently the case . . .

Well I have really enjoyed it so far (Chapter 8) and so has my son (Chapter 11). I don't care that I didn't get it for cheap as I've enjoyed it anyway.
It's not without flaws but that's true of all games. If you stop getting hung up on trying to pick everything to pieces and let yourself enjoy the art, sound, atmosphere, story etc I think it's a fine game, not the best gameplay ever, maybe but good nonetheless.

Anyway, I have a question. . .
What are the best/easiest places to host pictures if I want to post screenshots?

CozMick

Banned
I think no games should cost more than £39.99 RRP but as that isn't currently the case . . .

Well I have really enjoyed it so far (Chapter 8) and so has my son (Chapter 11). I don't care that I didn't get it for cheap as I've enjoyed it anyway.
It's not without flaws but that's true of all games. If you stop getting hung up on trying to pick everything to pieces and let yourself enjoy the art, sound, atmosphere, story etc I think it's a fine game, not the best gameplay ever, maybe but good nonetheless.

Anyway, I have a question. . .
What are the best/easiest places to host pictures if I want to post screenshots?

for the least amount of compression use the playstation app trick, (send a picture to a friend, view and save it on the app, upload to minus.com (no sign ups involved)

omonimo

Banned
So this is the second Order related thread that you have showed up in quoting other people's screencaps to bitch about PS4 not having AF when we know for a fact that the Order DOES have AF.

Kindly stop shitting up threads you're only making a fool out of yourself.
The Order has definitely horrible AF, open your eyes. I have just noticed it and express my disappointment. Where exactly I shitting up things? That's a pity.

Forsete

Less talking, more screenshots! :p

15991927903_616bc06edb_o.jpg

Really love the wide FOV in this game.
16585731186_4999ae5c13_o.jpg

16424515328_ffe5c1b892_o.jpg

The game should have a photo mode, many times the in game motion blur ruins pictures.

misho8723

Banned
In textures, sure. But in overall modeling quality I think the Order best those games. Unity obviously has massive scale, but they had to make comprimises in geometry because of that. I would say the best scenes in the Order looked better than any thing from both. Order and Ryse are fairly comparable, and overall I would say that the Order is clearly more impressive. In comparison with Unity...it is a bit like AC1 vs Gears or Uncharted. That kind of difference.

I think that even that Unity is a open-world sorta game, when it comes to interior detail, Unity is right now the top .. Order has the best lighting and particle effects - bust still, I really hate those big borders.. because of them, I initially stopped playing Evil Within.. it just reminds me when someone didn't had a strong PC to play the first Doom, they would reduce the window with Doom till the game was playable.. just a cheap trick to gain fps and the annyoing thing, that I see less things on screen.. and well, when it comes to face detail, the games from Crytek are the best in my opinion..

RexNovis

Banned
The Order has definitely horrible AF, open your eyes. I have just noticed it and express my disappointment. Where exactly I shitting up things? That's a pity.

The screens and the game itself very clearly have AF. But your PC elitist agenda dictates you must falsely diminish the game. Of all the games to bitch about AF you pick one that has one of the best AF implementations on consoles in recent memory.

ibnQ1iUgcYWCdR.jpg

credit to Marvel

That clearly shows AF implementation so either you are blind or you have no idea what you're talking about. Either way you need to stop.

Both this thread and the other thread you've pointlessly posted this bullshit in are not technical threads they are screenshot threads. If you aren't going to post screenshots or comment on the shots themselves and not some imagined flaw then you have no business commenting. Get on topic or GTFO. I have zero patience for blatant trolls like you.

Skux

for the least amount of compression use the playstation app trick, (send a picture to a friend, view and save it on the app, upload to minus.com (no sign ups involved)

You don't need to do that anymore, the share button screenshot gives the same quality picture (still compressed but it's the best you can do without a capture card).

drotahorror

I thought I took a lot more shots than I did. First time I've finished a game and immediately wanted to go back and play again just to take more screenshots.

You should maybe check out a different host. photobucket is the worst. It resizes your pictures, lots of compression etc. check out abload.de or flickr

Vroadstar

Great pics, can't wait to upload screenshots.

I thought for this thread there will be no trolls but alas there's one already. I guess it won't be The Order thread without some blatant trolls as it comes with territory.

Is there any word on when/if they're going to add a photo mode?
I love the look of the materials in this game.. these are probably the closest to photo-realism out of all the shots I've taken.

15982654523_e1b2ff7108_o.png

15976310124_350e7df33d_o.png

16569538776_37032d6465_o.png

RexNovis

Banned
Is there any word on when/if they're going to add a photo mode?
I love the look of the materials in this game.. these are probably the closest to photo-realism out of all the shots I've taken.

15982654523_e1b2ff7108_o.png

15976310124_350e7df33d_o.png

16569538776_37032d6465_o.png

WOW how did you take these?!?! They are phenomenal! Im gonna quote these in the console screenshots thread. Hope you dont mind.

As far as your question about photomode nothing has been said thus far. We only have word from Shinobi that it is definitely in the works. I too am anxiously awaiting it.

WOW how did you take these?!?! They are phenomenal! Im gonna quote these in the console screenshots thread. Hope you dont mind.

As far as your question about photomode nothing has been said thus far. We only have word from Shinobi that it is definitely in the works. I too am anxiously awaiting it.

I don't mind :D
With all the games that have released with photo mode I've gotten just as much enjoyment out of that feature as playing the game.

I think he used a capture card since they're PNG files. The clarity is awesome.

Yes I use a capture card (Elgato).

RexNovis

Banned
I don't mind :D
With all the games that have released with photo mode I've gotten just as much enjoyment out of that feature as playing the game.

Yes I use a capture card (Elgato).

Ahhh that explains why they are so much clearer than the ones I took using the share button. I'm kinda jealous. I can never get mine to look that good. I've never really been into screencapping before but something about this game just makes me want to capture every inch of it.

drotahorror

Ahhh that explains why they are so much clearer than the ones I took using the share button. I'm kinda jealous. I can never get mine to look that good. I've never really been into screencapping before but something about this game just makes me want to capture every inch of it.

They'll never look as good as straight captures from cards. The XB1 does a great job with hardware screenshot capture though. It is possible to take lossless jpeg's but the ps4 just doesn't do that.

Ran rp

Feel_The_Cosmos_f45b1ca3ba3a1e7b017a95a7edc66445.gif

every time i open this thread i cry a little inside. i thought we'd only see these kinds of visuals in late gen racing games.

Top Bottom