• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Execs on Forza 6: "No one getting disappointed"

doubtful. like every game from next gen has disappointed. They will cut content and later release it as dlc, include only a few generic tracks and charge 60 bucks for it. not thanks.

CozMick

Banned
Please god let it mean reduced loading times.

You can't fool me Turn 10, hiding the loading behind a static picture of the car on the track post race and then take me to a loading screen, literally takes 2-3 minutes to load a track.

Bgamer90

Banned
Forza 5 is the first forza game I played. I enjoy it as a SIM racer although I feel the track variety is a little weak. Can long time forza fans explain why they dislike part 5?

Lack of content mainly. Worst Forza Motorsport game out of the whole series even though it isn't a bad game.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I have the hardest fucking time believing anything "Xbox execs" say nowadays, but we'll see.

Anion

You can't fool me Turn 10, hiding the loading behind a static picture of the car on the track post race and then take me to a loading screen, literally takes 2-3 minutes to load a track.

I had this 'problem' and then I loaded the game onto an external hdd this external hdd. I think it cut the loading times by 45% on average and sometimes by 50%. I never really scientifically measured it, but it is definitely reduced. I just checked, some times the track loads in 30 seconds.

Yoooo, sooo did we say anything in this thread that is actually true? ;P
orsche

i'm not on the hype train until I see the game playing near final release, the E3 trailer for forza 5 which was "on real hardware" was a pretty big difference to the game we actually got november 2014.

F4 is still king.

No it doesn't.
Lack of content mainly. Worst Forza Motorsport game out of the whole series even though it isn't a bad game.

But it isn't the worst in anyway, it just felt like an initial stepdown given the catalogue that had been built up over 4 games.

The overall track, car and gameplay is the best out of the series - how does that in anyway make it the worst of the series

Lets say they included all of these things you mentioned, how would the developers improve on Forza 6 then for a Forza 7? I feel like they pretty much have to hold themselves back from going all out on content and features just so they could keep producing sequels every 2 years.

They could just make a new IP... withholding features because they can't think of what they'd do next isn't really a valid proposition.

No it doesn't.

But it isn't the worst in anyway, it just felt like an initial stepdown given the catalogue that had been built up over 4 games.

The overall track, car and gameplay is the best out of the series - how does that in anyway make it the worst of the series

Its amazing the misinformation people still spread about FM5.

HeliosT10

I had this 'problem' and then I loaded the game onto an external hdd this external hdd. I think it cut the loading times by 45% on average and sometimes by 50%. I never really scientifically measured it, but it is definitely reduced. I just checked, some times the track loads in 30 seconds.

Yoooo, sooo did we say anything in this thread that is actually true? ;P
orsche

Yes, this guy. I'm a realist :p

someone is always going to be disappointed! :D

We're doing our upmost though to make sure that for the overwhelming majority this isn't the case.

Anion

So does it have a dinosaur on a track?
A statue is fine. That's my criteria for not disappointed.

If there was going to be a third forza game in the cycle, I would totally love it to be something insane.
Like your driver Joe Shmoe gets abducted by aliens as he is traveling to Japan for the next festival. Aliens take him to another planet and he is forced into a Deathrace situation with flying cars (F0 influence) with Motorstorm apocalyptic events.

Skux

Omg... for real? Wait, he doesn't work for Sony anymore?

Yes he does, as President of Sony's Worldwide Studios. He's not PR, he basically manages the overall composition and tasks of the dev teams. He seems like a PR guy because he's quite active on Twitter and on podcasts and interviews.

Fox Mulder

Skipped Forza 5. Can't wait for this.

I got a xb1 in August and forza 5 has been fun. I know my experience would have been different at launch with a far lighter game. I approve of cutting content to bring it up to standard and they offered free tracks.

With halo being shit now, the Xbox is a Forza box for me.

Bgamer90

Banned

It's the worst of the series during its time of release in my opinion -- the game was/is a disappointment. I also think that drivatars ruined the traditional gameplay a bit. Enjoyed Forza Motorsport 4 a whole lot more due to those two reasons.

The concept of drivatars is great -- I just want to play with drivatars who don't race as if the game is Burnout or NFS though (haha).

Fox Mulder

It's the worst of the series during its time of release in my opinion -- the game was/is a disappointment. I also think that drivatars ruined the traditional gameplay a bit. Enjoyed Forza Motorsport 4 a whole lot more due to those two reasons.

The concept of drivatars is great -- I just want to play with drivatars who don't race as if the game is Burnout or NFS though (haha).

Drivatars are shit really. They need an option to turn them off because I don't want career races to look like online multiplayer. They're god awful at race starts, which ruins a 3 lap race.

Bobnob

Forza 5 is the first forza game I played. I enjoy it as a SIM racer although I feel the track variety is a little weak. Can long time forza fans explain why they dislike part 5?

Lack of tracks
Lack of race cars
Tuning feels awkward* compared to previous games
No distance meters

No strategie element ( if you do league racing, people are normally uber consistant meaning you can usually call the race result from quali session)

No dynamic fuel and tyre ware.

E92 M3

In theory Forza 6 should be fucking great. I am expecting night time racing, dynamic weather and real endurance races.

Bgamer90

Banned
What does that even mean?

It means that the game was the worst of the series for the time it launched. Each and every previous Forza game was great for its time (in my opinion). Forza 5 was the first game of the series that I was disappointed with.

So stick the AI on something higher than potato.

I don't play on easy (or whatever the lowest difficulty setting is).

shandy706

I'm going to be giddy come E3.

Forza 6, possible Banjo Threeie, possible Conker, Crackdown, Remedy, Twisted Pixel, Halo 5....and that's just a tiny bit from just Microsoft.

Fox Mulder

I'm going to be giddy come E3.

Forza 6, possible Banjo Threeie, possible Conker, Crackdown, Remedy, Twisted Pixel, Halo 5....and that's just a tiny bit from just Microsoft.

It's going to be a good year for racing with Project Cars, Forza 6, and a next gen F1.

EdgeXL

I agree that Forza 5 felt like a step down from Forza 4 but I also think Forza Horizon 2 was amazing. I still plan on finding out about Forza 6 and if it seems to be on par with the other games (or better!) then I will get it day one. I freakin' love racing games and I think the two Forza games on Xbox One are the best console racing games of this generation.

Now with all of that said, even though I am a bit of a fanboy of the franchise I still want it to be the best racing game possible with a fair economy, lively community and a locked 60 frames per second.

Helios, I know you can't show anything yet but if at all possible could you let us know if Forza Motorsport 6 will be developed with DX12?

I've played every forza extensively and five was by far my favorite. The track variety and lack of porsche cars were my only complaints about it. I felt that the laser scanned tracks, improved physics engine/ffb, AI, and great graphics with a rock solid 60fps made it head and shoulders above any previous iteration.

I know there was also quite a bit of complaining about microtransactions as well, but I found Forza 5 to require the least amount of grinding when compared to 1-4. I pretty much had more in game currency than I required after playing for a couple of weeks. They could have removed the currency system entirely and just given cars away without changing the game much.

Hawk269

Considering what Turn 10 was able to do with a Launch Title in Forza 5, I am eagerly awaiting what they will do with Forza 6. With all the 1080p talk, many forget that as a launch title this game was doing 1080p/60fps. Sure things were sacrificed and some of the lighting was not the best, but the game is still visually impressive for a launch title.

Turn 10 also has a history of making a dramatic jump from their first title on a system to the next. Anyone remember Forza 2 to Forza 3 transition? It was pretty damn impressive the jump they made and Forza 4 even pushed that further.

I don't know if we will get dynamic time of day, perhaps pre-set time of day this time and I am not counting on weather unless it is only on certain tracks etc. I do expect a giant roster of tracks, improved IQ (Forza 5 could of used a little bit better AA), even more cars and a few surprises.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
3D crowd confirmed? Hype!

I jest, I truly hope this game turns out awsome for all of you looking forward ot it.

Xamdou

Ill buy Forza 6 when they stop with the bs dlc car packs, ridiculous. Meaning all cars will be included when the game releases and not held off for future car packs.

Hawk269

3D crowd confirmed? Hype!

I jest, I truly hope this game turns out awsome for all of you looking forward ot it.

lmao. Yeah, I think 3d crowds will be in, perhaps not as populated, but I hope they don't have the cardboard cutouts on the trackside. I am ok with the cutouts in the grandstands with a mix of 3d models like they did in Forza 5, but trackside, I really hope the ditch the cutouts in favor for 100% 3d crowds.

Anyone wonder if they are going to increase cars on track again? They have been increasing it with each version for the most part, but personally, I would prefer they stick to 16 and improve AA/IQ and 3d crowds.

I'm actually kind of shocked we're seeing not one, not two, but THREE Forza games before even so much as a hint at a GT game for PS4.

forza 5 doesn't even have the features that gt6 has. oh right, sorry you have the livery editor which is a game-changer.

what use is having 3-4 games come out when even its latest entry can't even do time of day or weather or a track creator? or are you content at broad daylight, dry-tracked racing every time?

Top Bottom