• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

N° 2048

This CL person is quite something.

CL is the shit.
She's part of the female Kpop group 2NE1

one of the only Kpop groups I listen to even to this day
Girls Generation, 2NE1, Big Bang, CN Blue
2NE1 is fucking amazing. They fuse genres together very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLbfv-AAyvQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7femoW2lcxk

Listen to GOOD TO YOU for a nice change of pace. Beautiful slow song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyrXnJD1QGs

Quick

Banned
Price in Boston?

Yeah, I see how it is David.

uBgUa.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Well, unless our new GM can pull a rabbit out of a hat, I hope you BJ fans enjoyed that small run. I always suspected we were never going to keep Price. Jesus...dat contract can buy a lot of Coors and Hero Burgers...!

Eleuin

I'm trying to imagine how I would blow through 31 million in one year and I can't even think of enough things

Get that money david, drown out those incoming boos

I'm trying to imagine how I would blow through 31 million in one year and I can't even think of enough things

Get that money david, drown out those incoming boos
Agent, lawyer fees, taxes, etc probably eat half that at least. Still rich as fuck. Yeah he deserves to be boo'd. Fuck him. He was here a few months, fans don't owe him anything. Jays won the division by 6 games. Could have made the playoffs without him.

You buy scooters for the entire team, apparently got along great with everyone, went on an absolute tear in the end of the season, probably the best team chemistry you could possibly have on a sports team, an incredible future of locked in talent, made it within 2 games of the world series...and he chose money. Fake Drake lookin wannabe scrub. And to rub it in even more he goes to a last place division rival. No class, just another wanker.

N° 2048

Agent, lawyer fees, taxes, etc probably eat half that at least. Still rich as fuck. Yeah he deserves to be boo'd. Fuck him. He was here a few months, fans don't owe him anything. Jays won the division by 6 games. Could have made the playoffs without him.

You buy scooters for the entire team, apparently got along great with everyone, went on an absolute tear in the end of the season, probably the best team chemistry you could possibly have on a sports team, an incredible future of locked in talent, made it within 2 games of the world series...and he chose money. Fake Drake lookin wannabe scrub. And to rub it in even more he goes to a last place division rival. No class, just another wanker.

Straight up, homie.

yyzjohn

Banned

That's all high and mighty of you, but i'd like to see who in their right mind would turn down $217 million to sign with another club for what, half that? :Let's stay in the real world now.

That's all high and mighty of you, but i'd like to see who in their right mind would turn down $217 million to sign with another club for what, half that? :Let's stay in the real world now.
He wouldn't have had to take half that to stay with the Jays. Any team in the league would have paid him 20-25 million a year. Now he is the highest paid pitcher ever (by $2 million) so he got what he wanted.

All ego and dollar signs.

It's not surprising they didn't make an offer. The Jays were priced out, pardon the pun.

It's really not. Wishful thinking yes, but realistically wasn't going to happen both in actual cost and mentality. They don't do monster term and cost deals anymore. Regardless I don't blame Price for doing whats good for him.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I also don't blame Clarkson for the contract he signed either.

I just hope the Red Sox choke now.

Pretty apparent that Toronto wasn't going to pay that much for that long. That's fucking insane for one pitcher.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I also don't blame Clarkson for the contract he signed either.

I just hope the Red Sox choke now.

Pretty apparent that Toronto wasn't going to pay that much for that long. That's fucking insane for one pitcher.

Bingo.

I will never hate on a player for signing a contract, I'll hate on the team for giving it to them or not offering it.

"Hey Kave, I know you've worked at this company for a decade but we want you as part of our company and we'll give you double what you make now and guarantee you get every dollar even if you get fired"

Sign me the fuck up.

Bingo.

I will never hate on a player for signing a contract, I'll hate on the team for giving it to them or not offering it.
I hate Rogers more than Price. They just trolled everyone in the city. They got their millions from ticket sales, merchandise, and TV ratings during that run and now just LOL'ing.

Bringing in losers from Cleveland - the worst performing sports city outside of Toronto to come manage the team and send them back to mediocrity, all while the kin of Ted Rogers sit a top their thrones refusing to open up their bulging wallets for A+ talent.

Alex saw this sinking ship and NOPE'd the fuck out. Can't blame him. In fact, I don't hate Price at all - he is a scrub when it counts and I wouldn't have given him anything more than 5 years at 25 per MAX, but he probably saw what any realist can see when looking at the Jays - they have a bleak future.

The smartest move they could make, although hugely unpopular with bandwagon idiots, would be to trade Jose Bautista ASAP for pitching. His value will never be higher than it is now. Edwin needs to be looked at too as trade bait.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The smartest move they could make, although hugely unpopular with bandwagon idiots, would be to trade Jose Bautista ASAP for pitching. His value will never be higher than it is now. Edwin needs to be looked at too as trade bait.
I completely agree on trading Bautista next season because there's no way in hell he's resigning at the end of next year. I can see EE coming back though.

Samyy

I hate Rogers more than Price. They just trolled everyone in the city. They got their millions from ticket sales, merchandise, and TV ratings during that run and now just LOL'ing.

Bringing in losers from Cleveland - the worst performing sports city outside of Toronto to come manage the team and send them back to mediocrity, all while the kin of Ted Rogers sit a top their thrones refusing to open up their bulging wallets for A+ talent.

Alex saw this sinking ship and NOPE'd the fuck out. Can't blame him. In fact, I don't hate Price at all - he is a scrub when it counts and I wouldn't have given him anything more than 5 years at 25 per MAX, but he probably saw what any realist can see when looking at the Jays - they have a bleak future.

Don't the Jays have a top 10 payroll? Kinda seems like it should be enough to win/compete?
Also I feel like the love-in for Alex is over the top, dude had one good season.

In more positive Toronto sports news, Sebastian Giovinco won MLS league MVP. Voting was basically unanimous.

It was obvious he would win. He was breaking records all over the place. We are very lucky to have a player that amazing.

In other news, I just noticed that a Burger's Priest has opened in my neighborhood. I was going to try it but nothing was going to stop me and my craving for Chinese dumplings.

AA raided the farm system bare in 2015, his trades in the prior years weren't exactly brilliant, he engineered the greatest trade deadline playoff run and got all the credit he deserved, Donaldson and Martin were great signings in 2015 but he also traded for the likes of Dickey and Josh Johnson.

The rotation looks to be pretty final at this point unless they decide to pick up a number 2 or 3 pitcher and make a trade to strengthen the bullpen.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It was obvious he would win. He was breaking records all over the place. We are very lucky to have a player that amazing.

In other news, I just noticed that a Burger's Priest has opened in my neighborhood. I was going to try it but nothing was going to stop me and my craving for Chinese dumplings.
Along Yonge/Christie? Niiiice...!

Wait, dumplings?! Well...I guess I can't hate on the generic Asian food.

I hope you all celebrate when the Leafs are 1st overall
in the pick for the NHL draft

While I was eating just now at the Chinese dumping place, a health inspector came in to do a random inspection. He gave them a green pass card and after he left they started cheering and celebrating. Haha! Funniest shit I've seen in a while.

Along Yonge/Christie? Niiiice...!
Wait, dumplings?! Well...I guess I can't hate on the generic Asian food.

The Annex.

My two favourite foods are dumplings and schnitzel. My family is Austrian so my Grandma makes a killer schnitzel. I grew up in Agincourt in Scarborough which is like 90% Chinese so all my friend's mom's would make dumplings for me. I'll always love those two dishes as long as I live!

While I was eating just now at the Chinese dumping place, a health inspector came in to do a random inspection. He gave them a green pass card and after he left they started cheering and celebrating. Haha! Funniest shit I've seen in a while.
I saw 2 hot dog stands on the same day about a week ago hide their Dine Safe "conditional pass" card behind ketchup, mustard, and other various condiment bottles. I would assume that is illegal and they need to be front and centre on display?

I still ate there since I noticed it after I paid and was topping my hot dog. And went home to see that conditional means there was a "significant infraction" that needed to be cleaned up within 48 hours. Wonder what it was. 👀

Mhee123

Neo Member
Late to the pre-order party, but I got Trails of Cold Steel for Vita and Star Ocean 5 for PS4 (I'll know I'll have a PS4 by then)

Also, I'll be doing some voluteer work at the Canadian Videogame Awards. Why? because I'm a sucker.
Also, I want to see the madness from the inside out

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Late to the pre-order party, but I got Trails of Cold Steel for Vita and Star Ocean 5 for PS4 (I'll know I'll have a PS4 by then)

Also, I'll be doing some voluteer work at the Canadian Videogame Awards. Why? because I'm a sucker.

I'll be there Saturday for a couple hours as well for volunteer work. Mini-meetup?

Sober

If Geoff Keighley is hosting TGX tonight, does that mean you get the American version of Geoff to host the Canadian version?

ahdurian

i actually might be helping out too, but it's mainly because my friend needs people to play games to unlock stuff for the event LOL

Also, if anyone else wants to come, come out. apparently she needs around 15 volunteers to come play Smash and Rainbow Six Siege. i told her i'd come to play Smash, and she asked me to get more people to come if I can

Top Bottom