• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney working on unannounced Wii U game

Exile20

Edit: Sorry if it was worded incorrectly, but this is not me. This is from Cari Mayle. Check the links for more info.

NOT MY WORK.

These medieval fantasy characters are from an upcoming game for the Wii U (shown with permission). The character designs are by me(Cari Mayle) (with the exception of the dwarf and dark skull knight). Environmental art and design created by me as well. They are not shown, but have a small sample of them with the character stands.

WD_Ranger_Beauty_teardropclock.jpg

Assassin_Beauty_teardropclock.jpg

WD_Theif_Beauty_teardropclock.jpg

More at the link
http://carimayle.com/#/fantasy-characters/

https://twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/570263142296657921

Chindogg

Ok Disney I'm listening.

While you're at it, mind telling EA to make some fucking Star Wars games for the platform?

soultron

Banned
OP contents are weird. Are you here to promote your own work and unofficially announce a Wii U Disney game at the same time?

Feels like this kind of post would be more appropriate on polycount.

EDIT: Thought OP was the artist responsible for the work being shown, my bad.

Huh. Was coming in to snarkily say it's Disney Infinity 3: Star Wars - but this looks more or less legit.

I have no idea why they'd be working on something that wasn't licenced at this point, though.

kadotsu

Banned
I'm sure your (now terminated) contract had an NDA.

On the characters. They look nice, I could see them fit into a mobile game also.

You could put quotes around the...quote. Also, I saw this this morning when Tamaki tweeted it this morning. Not sure if that's where you got it from.
I wonder if it's an eshop game or a retail game.
Also weird that we can see the art without anything else. Is it exclusive? It it even made by Disney?
(shown with permission)
It is weird that they are allowed to show it, but it does seem like they got permission for it

Roo

I really liked those character designs until I saw their feet. They break the armory of the whole model concept.

This News is already on most of the News Websites .. and at the very lates on GAF? Don't know, but I don't think that YOU are really the person who made this. Maybe just Copy+Paste from the Website.

Anyway, can't figure out what game coud it be. A childish MOBA maybe?

These medieval fantasy characters are from an upcoming game for the Wii U (shown with permission).

Anyway, I am not setting my hopes high. Sorry, OP, but it seems you worked mainly on arts for app games and Facebook Zynga games, so I just cannot have faith in the product... but if it will occasionally be a good game, it would be quite good.

They look pretty neat character wise, but very odd to be Disney. Mostly because them being humans is throwing me off.

I dunno if you can reveal, but what sort of game is it? Could be neat as an RPG.
Being on their own little stands reminds me a bit of Skylanders. I know they already have Infinity, but...

Has Disney ever considered trying to buy Nintendo? Not that I want that to happen just curious.

From a pure valuation standpoint, it would cost more than either the Marvel or Lucasfilm acquisitions. (I think, haven't checked recently). Probably too much to enter an area that Disney has shown interest in as of late.

soultron

Banned
OP needs to clarify whether or not they're the artist who worked on the work being shown. It threw me off when I first came in, before the OP was edited, and it looks like it's still confusing other posters right now.

Again, I'm not sure if it's a Disney game. The artist has worked with Disney before, but they've worked with other people and it doesn't say Disney anywhere on those pictures
I can't imagine that the game is still coming out if they're allowing assets to come out like this
it does say "upcoming" and "shown with permission". Maybe it's not a big game (eshop) so it's ok to show off

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I think Nintendo would be wise to try and forge some sort of partnership with Disney for their next home console.

Escalario

Banned
The style reminds me of thousands of generic mobile games for kids. Unless it's a f2p with microtransactions/$15 eShop title, Disney basically seems to be burning money IMO.

Again, I'm not sure if it's a Disney game. The artist has worked with Disney before, but they've worked with other people and it doesn't say Disney anywhere on those pictures

it does say "upcoming" and "shown with permission". Maybe it's not a big game (eshop) so it's ok to show off

I was thinking about that too and asked Tamaki. All I got is this:

MkUJNGw.jpg

Would "working on" be a bit of a stretch, since it's not confirmed to be something currently in development? Hell, we aren't even sure if it's Disney. Since the artist has done work for Disney in the past, we're assuming this game is Disney.

Top Bottom