• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Heirs pay 10 billion in inheritance tax. Over half of fortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJUMP23

The rich usually use more of the resources. They should pay a higher percentage. I like to think of it as roommates. You have a bottle of milk. They drink 80% and you drank 20% why should you pay the same amount for the milk?
This argument falls apart with property tax, that is used to pay for education. Why should a person with no kids in a large house have to pay property tax so the person with 5 kids can send their kids to school. With your argument they wouldn’t have to pay it because they don’t use it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This argument falls apart with property tax, that is used to pay for education. Why should a person with no kids in a large house have to pay property tax so the person with 5 kids can send their kids to school. With your argument they wouldn’t have to pay it because they don’t use it.
Agreed.

The more money someone makes, they already get dinged progressive taxes, which is a higher and higher rate which leads to more and more money.

I'm single and make ok money. Got my own place and everything. I'm self supporting. Even for the time way back I got laid off, I got a job right away so fast I didn't even get the time to collect one unemployment benefit pay out. I got off my ass asap.

Why should I get penalized getting grilled for oddly skewed taxes when I do my part supporting myself and am not a "taker of the pot". I give enough. And as you said, my property taxes go to schools which I dont even have kids.

Though to be fair, I am a full supporter that taxes go for stuff like healthcare, schools, police and fire and things like that.

What I'm not a supporter of is my money being taken and handed out to losers or wasted by government.

Now only if government could isolate taxes collected and spent towards kids to give them a chance in school, cops and fire which handle accidents and healthcare for people burned by out of the blue diseases and accidents.

I don't think we'll ever get to a point a druggie drop out or moron smoking since 12 years old getting lung cancer get nothing due to be self inflicted. There's only so much money. At least that's what you'd think. I'd rather my money go to someone getting breast cancer out of nowhere than a meth head.

Last edited:

Arkam

I think it's one of those old things that was put into place for an extremely good reason. And everyone has forgotten the reason at this point because we haven't lived in a feudal era for some time where inheritance and royalty determines everything.

It's like people wondering why we have STOP signs on roads, wondering why people can't just regulate themselves without the government. It's because lots of people died and it sucked without STOP signs, so they put them up in the past to improve things.
Wtf are you talking about? Feudal system? Inheritance taxation is an advent of the modern era. US instituted in like 1900 and Uk did in the 1970’s (going of memory so please correct if need be). You sound like someone trying to talk about how the founding fathers cared about the Department of Education.

You can do any so g and dance you want, but the facts do not change. If you are a country with income and inheritance tax, you are double taxing. If you think that is cool... yea, have fun with that.

black_13

Banned
That's awful! The poor family will be homeless I'm sure. How can they afford their mansion now.

I never understood how someone would get upset that the people richer than them is getting heavily taxed. When in reality they don't care at all about you.

I kinda wonder what a society would look like if you capped wealth at a billion dollars.

NahaNago

The rich usually use more of the resources. They should pay a higher percentage. I like to think of it as roommates. You have a bottle of milk. They drink 80% and you drank 20% why should you pay the same amount for the milk?
In what way do they use more resources? I don't really understand your milk example. Are we talking about the literal resources of the u.s. cause I thought they already paid to use them in the first place.

Blade2.0

In what way do they use more resources? I don't really understand your milk example. Are we talking about the literal resources of the u.s. cause I thought they already paid to use them in the first place.
Umm, I don't have a fleet of vans chewing up the roads, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom