• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ok there's a Nintendo article I want via web archive but I can't pull it up. Help!

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Hey I wrote one of those, not telling you which one though. Hopefully I've become a better writer in 10 years:p

Joe Molotov

I did a search for the web address, and I found a forum post that referenced that article.

really cool article that starts (they didnt do part 2) to get into Nintendo's relationship with the MX technology and then to ArtX:
http://www.vortexonline.com/rants/032300.html

"This time Matsushita had a very viable solution for Nintendo, the MX console. What was the MX? Well, details are sketchy, but it was supposed to be the successor of the M2. Sporting two Power PC CPUs that each alone had several times the power of the M2, and pushing a lot more polygons, this system was designed for speed. Nintendo actually entered into negotiations with Matsushita about using the technology. However, Nintendo was still a fan of MIPS CPUs and wanted to use them. The architectures where not compatible, and the MX went down just like its younger brother. Or did it? Perhaps, part of it lives in the Dolphin. Rumors persist that some of the foundations of the Dolphin are based of early MX designs. Only Nintendo knows for sure."

The rest may just be lost in the ether.

camineet

Banned
Joe Molotov said:
I did a search for the web address, and I found a forum post that referenced that article.

The rest may just be lost in the ether.

Thanks Joe, that was indeed part of it. This is one reason I love GAF, someone almost always helps when you want to find something :)

FirewalkR

This Jay Dolan dude over here at http://jaydolan.com/ was on the staff list of the site at the time. The article in question was written by "Jedi", which doesn't show up in the staff list, or at least isn't named there, but could be the last member in the pictures with the u_jdolan email. The fact that jd in jdolan is the closest thing to Jedi in the staff list, and the fact that it seems to be a technically oriented article, and the dude in question was studying computer science at the time at Univ of Mass. Dartmouth makes him a likely candidate to be the writer. Nevertheless, since he was in the staff, he may have, or know where to find a copy of the article. I haven't found a contact email in the site but I guess it's a starting point. :) I'm at work now, I'll try to do a bit more of ninja searching when I get home lol. Good luck :p

camineet

Banned
FirewalkR said:
This Jay Dolan dude over here at http://jaydolan.com/ was on the staff list of the site at the time. The article in question was written by "Jedi", which doesn't show up in the staff list, or at least isn't named there, but could be the last member in the pictures with the u_jdolan email. The fact that jd in jdolan is the closest thing to Jedi in the staff list, and the fact that it seems to be a technically oriented article, and the dude in question was studying computer science at the time at Univ of Mass. Dartmouth makes him a likely candidate to be the writer. Nevertheless, since he was in the staff, he may have, or know where to find a copy of the article. I haven't found a contact email in the site but I guess it's a starting point. :) I'm at work now, I'll try to do a bit more of ninja searching when I get home lol. Good luck :p

Thanks FirewalkR for the effort, that's much appreciated :)

Top Bottom