• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human – Stand and be counted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, the haters now jumping down my throat too! Yay!

If not 75% then something more reasonable for the times. Even MGS4 with it's completely sick production values are getting scores under 90%. I'd wager that GTAIV backlash is in full effect and people are much, much more cautious to start slapping out 90+ scores. Asking for Too Human to get something MGS4 couldn't obtain is just silly.

ShockingAlberto said:
Do they need to do it publicly for Dyack to be happy?

What does that say about him?

The way that not only his work but HE gets treated here I wouldn't blame him for wanting to see some of these fucking morons with their tails between their legs.

JasoNsider said:
Hey, the haters now jumping down my throat too! Yay!

If not 70% then something more reasonable for the times. Even MGS4 with it's completely sick production values are getting scores under 90%. I'd wager that GTAIV backlash is in full effect and people are much, much more cautious to start slapping out 90+ scores. Asking for Too Human to get something MGS4 couldn't obtain is just silly.
"Too Human: Will In No Way Be Better than MGS4"

I think it's a workable marketing slogan.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
avcables said:
Dyack claimed that Too Human was his best game. Eternal Darkness has a 90%. Clearly the 90% medium we're dealing with is the right way to go.

Well, to be fair, what else is he going to say :p

"This game isn't as good as Eternal Darkness, but I think we did the best we could!"

"You guys sure seem to be losing faith in how shitty this game is."

You guys? I haven't said anything about Too Human in awhile. Furthermore, I'm mocking the guy saying "I say 80%!" with regards to the bet specifics as if he has something on the line himself, so please save your shitty fanboy "us or them" garbage for someone else.

Hunahan

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
Ballsy = ego-bruised tantrum?
When you're a fairly high profile, noticeable developer throwing your tantrum on a public forum that just about everyone in the gaming press watches?

Oh shit yeah that's ballsy.

It's the difference between some random dude at seven eleven mooning the Channel 7 live camera and Senator Clinton offering pressed hams at a press conference. :lol

avcables

Banned
Ysiadmihi said:
Well, to be fair, what else is he going to say :p

"This game isn't as good as Eternal Darkness, but I think we did the best we could!"

If he wasn't a bitchass liar.

Which he is, but that's besides the point.

C4Lukins

Teknopathetic said:
"You guys sure seem to be losing faith in how shitty this game is."

You guys? I haven't said anything about Too Human in awhile. Furthermore, I'm mocking the guy saying "I say 80%!" with regards to the bet specifics as if he has anything to do with it, so please save your shitty fanboy "us or them" garbage for someone else.

Hey I was just seeing if I could get a

"ego-bruised tantrum?"

Out of you.

Francias Castiglione said:
The way that not only his work but HE gets treated here I wouldn't blame him for wanting to see some of these fucking morons with their tails between their legs.
So acting like a petulant child is okay if people were mean to you.

It's okay to troll if someone once called your posts dumb, too.

sionyboy said:
I say 85%

$1000 goes to a charity of choice, no-one should benefit financially from this. Well... except orphans or diseased people.

Co-Signature

And sionyboy, where is Jay-z and wtf is he doing. I am seeing this gif popping up everywhere and have no idea what is going on in it. Funny though.

"Hey I was just seeing if I could get a

"ego-bruised tantrum?"

Out of you."

No, you were trying to mock the "against" people but in your fervor to post something snarky you got ahead of yourself and called someone out without even knowing their post history. Now, you're trying to save face.

fin

avcables said:
Dyack claimed that Too Human was his best game. Eternal Darkness has a 90%. Clearly the 90% medium we're dealing with is the right way to go.

Why use past review scores as the deciding factor to tell which one is better? Alot has changed since 2002 when ED was released.

avcables

Banned
dyack.gif

Hero

Endow said:
You "think" and "believe"? I've heard the podcast. There was nothing wrong in Denis' attitude. As for personal crusade, everyone has their opinions on how things should or shouldn't be.

Denis and most developers know that what magazine A or B says about your game, even before it's released, matters. The kind of stuff written in EGM's preview was, if nothing else, poorly worded. It completely trashed the game. He did not insult the guy who wrote that preview. I think he's quite right about previews being meaningless and conceptually inaccurate. And if he feels it's something that ultimately is bad for both developers and consumers, and if he has the courage to voice his opinion, then let the man speak.

Has for flipping out due to complaints or criticism I honestly don't know where you got that idea from...

I had actually written out a fairly lengthy response to your own "thoughts" and "beliefs" but then I looked at your avatar and the fact that your personal website linked in your public profile here on GAF links to TooHuman.net makes me think you're not exactly unbias. So you have your "thoughts" and "beliefs" and I'll have my own.

And :lol at all the point who said "FOR" the game and are now backpedaling now that most of us are in the consensus that Too Human needs to rank higher than Eternal Darkness did and that 90% is supposedly too high for "one of the best games this year."

Walshicus

If we're doing charity bets, I wouldn't mind putting £10 or something in the ring for >80% if it goes to an international charity. Let's at least put this collective vitriol to good use.

C4Lukins

Teknopathetic said:
"Hey I was just seeing if I could get a

"ego-bruised tantrum?"

Out of you."

No, you were trying to mock the "against" people but in your fervor to post something snarky you got ahead of yourself and called someone out without even knowing their post history. Now, you're trying to save face.

I was more speaking towards the anti Dyack brigade on the forum, but it is true I have never seen you say anything negative about the game.

Coverly

lol well worth reading the thread. Took a while to get caught up.

For, just for shits n giggles.

Not buying the game though, if it doesn't at least have local co-op. i don't care if it's 3fps, just do it.

EDF did it, all "2 fps local co-op crazy action" and it was awesome. Please don't tell me EDF>TH.

If he wants people to put up or shut up, he should put up 90% at metacritic.
If it's as good as he says it shouldn't be a problem.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Naeblish said:
90% is a bit unfair don't you think? After the GTA fiasco i think (and hope) reviewers won't throw out 10's anymore like before.

Then the whole idea of a bet is goofy. How are we supposed to quantify, by Denis' words, their best game yet? Their highest rated game is ED at 90% so Too Human must be better than that right?

Bottom line is, how are you going to make a bet when you do not dictate how anything is measured? If I can't compare scores, how else can you nail down a concrete way to settle a bet?

I'm giving him credit (as much as you can for making a bet on the interwebs) and I'm putting $540 bones up on my end. Unless he revises the terms, how else can a bet be made? =/

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i just don't know why you'd do this, denis. i love your games, and i want too human. but this makes you look like such a jackass. what's the deal? were you having a bad day at work or something? really, man.

think, then post.

think, then post.

Nolan.

Hunahan said:
When you're a fairly high profile, noticeable developer throwing your tantrum on a public forum that just about everyone in the gaming press watches?

Oh shit yeah that's ballsy.

It's the difference between some random dude at seven eleven mooning the Channel 7 live camera and Senator Clinton offering pressed hams at a press conference. :lol

Dyack and his loverboys are just as bad as these people they're throwing accusations at.

What we need are the mean and standard deviation of all the games that have been reviewed by gamerankings (or metacritic). Then we normalize the distribution with a reflection and log transformation and specify the "well-received" score as whatever number marks the top 15% of the population.

fin

Teknopathetic said:
Furthermore, I'm mocking the guy saying "I say 80%!" with regards to the bet specifics as if he has something on the line himself.

Why would I put anything on the line? I'm not the dude talking shit.

ShockingAlberto said:
So acting like a petulant child is okay if people were mean to you.

It's okay to troll if someone once called your posts dumb, too.

For an internet forum that likes to think it is a focal point for the gaming community it certainly tolerates some ridiculous behaviour on the part of some of its members. For a developer to actually call them out on it doesn't strike me as petulant or childish. You only need to read some of the posts in this thread, or search for past Too Human threads to see how childish it is possible to be.

"Why would I put anything on the line. I'm not the dude talking shit."

Then stop complaining about bet terms that don't concern you, hurrr.

For an internet forum that likes to think it is a focal point for the gaming community it certainly tolerates some ridiculous behaviour on the part of some of its members. For a developer to actually call them out on it doesn't strike me as petulant or childish. You only need to read some of the posts in this thread, or search for past Too Human threads to see how childish it is possible to be.
I did read an important one: the OP.

Everything after that seemed damn reasonable in comparison.

FFChris

Of all the things I expected to find on this forum after half my work day, this wasn't one of them...

I'm neither For nor Against. I want the game to do well, but I have my doubts. Please surprise me.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I love how people are posting "for" and "against" like anybody really gives a shit. :lol

This thread will get interesting if Dyack has the balls to set guidelines for a bet.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Cerrius said:
I love how people are posting "for" and "against" like anybody really gives a shit. :lol

This thread will get interesting if Dyack has the balls to set guidelines for a bet.

It'll be interesting if he takes Evillore up on his offer.

Nolan.

So is there anything this guy has done/could do for you to deem childish at all. His rant on egm and the ''you'll be sorry'' nonsense. His ice-bucket amusing blog entires, and numerous lol forum posts.

avcables

Banned
I assume you have avcables on ignore then at the very least.

Only if he has a stick up his ass and needs to be too fucking serious for this thread, which BY THE WAY IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED is Denis being his usual pompous bitchfit self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom