• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human – Stand and be counted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vast Inspiration said:
A dozen posts with a lot of wit, but still can't write "for" or "against", can you?

:lol You've been acting all butt-hurt because of Dyack comment's this entire thread. Shouldn't really be talking.
That's right man, keep sippin that kool aid
2uegvfn.jpg

Twig

Banned
Vast Inspiration said:
A dozen posts with a lot of wit, but still can't write "for" or "against", can you?
Mostly because I don't fucking care. The day I found out there would be no local multiplayer and no 4-player co-op, I decided I didn't want the game. Everything since then has further convinced me I made the right decision. It could still appeal to other people, but it's definitely not for me.

But if it makes you happy, dickwad, here:

Heads is "For", Tails is "Against."

*flips a coin*

Against.

Now shut the fuck up. None of this will mean anything, ever. Evilore's already stated what everyone knew from the beginning. No tags are going to be changed, no matter what happens.

Nolan.

Vast Inspiration said:

:lol You've been acting all butt-hurt because of Dyack comment's this entire thread. Shouldn't really be talking.

Yeah i'm so butt hurt, but mines hurt nowhere as much as yours.

Amazing thread. :lol

I'm For. The game's never terribly interested me but i've never really seen what's so bad about it. Some aspects look genuinely exciting to me.

But there really is no need for this.

TheOneGuy said:
Mostly because I don't fucking care. The day I found out there would be no local multiplayer and no 4-player co-op, I decided I didn't want the game. Everything since then has further convinced me I made the right decision. It could still appeal to other people, but it's definitely not for me.

But if it makes you happy, dickwad, here:

Heads is "For", Tails is "Against."

*flips a coin*

Against.

Now shut the fuck up. None of this will mean anything, ever. Evilore's already stated what everyone knew from the beginning. No tags are going to be changed, no matter what happens.

:lol :lol Yeah, you don't care AT ALL *rolleyes.gif*

Is that why you have over a dozen posts here? If you want to take a stand against Dyack, then don't beat around the bush, you should've just said against from the beginning. Make you look less like little bitch on the playground that incites fights but won't ever get into one himself.

eve241

Hero said:
I had actually written out a fairly lengthy response to your own "thoughts" and "beliefs" but then I looked at your avatar and the fact that your personal website linked in your public profile here on GAF links to TooHuman.net makes me think you're not exactly unbias. So you have your "thoughts" and "beliefs" and I'll have my own.

Yes, I'm looking forward to TH, and yes I post on a TH forum while eagerly anticipating the game. That doesn't mean I'm biased. I mean, there's has to be a good reason for me to be anticipating the game and to have joined the forum in the first place.

It sure isn't because I played a previous SK game (because I haven't, apart from 10 minutes with Blood Omen 1) or because I'm some sort of 360 fanboy (because I don't even own any of the current gen consoles).I'm as biased as someone who gets genuinely interested in a game after seeing some media. I don't think TH will be the greatest thing ever, but I think it's aiming for some pretty interesting stuff.

It's sad you are so quick to dismiss someone else's opinion. I mean, I could completely dismiss yours, based on some of your comments that don't seem that unbiased themselves. But I don't.

Crab Shaker

Doesn't pay his sources
This thread is PR masterpiece.

Also, anyone who is putting shitty "cautiously optimistic" or otherwise lame answers needs to choose.

Edit: Forgot to put my answer :lol, FOR

Twig

Banned
Vast Inspiration said:

Is that why you have over a dozen posts here? If you want to take a stand against Dyack, then don't beat around the bush, you should've just said against from the beginning. Make you look less like little bitch on the playground that incites fights but won't ever get into one himself.
Hahahaha!

Wow, you've got me pegged, buddy!

If you want me to switch to "For", I'll do it. I honestly did flip a coin, but hey whatever. You're clearly more invested in this than I am. I'm wasting time at work while I wait for the day to end. Don't have much to do these days, and this thread is incredibly amusing. Second I'm off work, I'm out of here for the day. Might be back tomorrow, might not. Maybe I'll flip another coin. O:

What "fight" exactly am I trying to incite here? You're being an arrogant douchebag. I'm just calling you out.

Shins

Banned
Vast Inspiration said:

AT ALL!!

oneHeero

Against because I'm a ps3 fanboy, I'm bored as fuck, I'm falling asleep @ work, and because I heard lots of hate for Too Human and practically no one is stepping up.
Also because this thread is boring as fuck and not enough melt downs.

Give it to me Dyack, give me your power!

Kydd BlaZe

What the fuck is this thread?

Can't say i'm for or against the game. I'm merely reserving judgement until the final product arrives. However, what i've seen so far hasn't really piqued my interest.

PhatSaqs

Banned
oneHeero said:
Against because I'm a ps3 fanboy, I'm bored as fuck, I'm falling asleep @ work, and because I heard lots of hate for Too Human and practically no one is stepping up.
Also because this thread is boring as fuck and not enough melt downs.

Give it to me Dyack, give me your power!
This how you do it peeps :lol

FOR, not because I care about the game, but because anything whatsoever with even a chance of pushing Capcom to make a co-op mode in the next DMC game would please me mightily.

But objectively, AGAINST.

Vast Inspiration said:

elb49w.jpg

J-Rzez

Denis Dyack said:
I feel Too Human is a great game, likely to be better than most that will come out this year.

See, "Most" is a broad term. Does it cover just shovelware? Or what percentage? Remember that this game is up against some massive hitters, like the game of the real forever.

You're missing the point here. How can people say for or against when they haven't played it? From the vids and screenshots shown to date, people draw a loose opinion on things, myself included. I like all the armors and maybe the story is in depth, but I think the gameplay looks tired and the visuals... well... yeah. Maybe the game will play great when we have it in our hands, we'll see.

This is where you're in a catch 22 though: If you show the game off too early, people draw conclusions and may form negative hype. If you don't show enough of it, then you don't produce the hype that could help really shoot the game into success. Moral of this though, make a great game, show it off, and you'll be in good shape. You may eventually get the benefit of the doubt when stuff looks a lil "meh" now but with the months of polish in between it's going to turn out to something good. Devs like Insomniac, Capcom, Naughty Dog, and Konami are some that get this treatment.

Good luck and I hope Too Human is successful. I would never wish failure for anyone. I just think that what I have seen so far needs work. My honest opinion.

Xenon

I'm going to pick it up on day 1 and may even pre order.

So I guess I am a "For"

Dennis why dont you have your team whip DL content shields that state.

Dyack Owns NeoGaf

and

NeoGaf Owns Dyack

Then release the appropriate shield, depending on how the rankings go, via a DLC code to everyone who participated in this thread. Most of the nay say’ers will not be able to take advantage since they wont have the game. But Im sure seeing pics of it posted on the forum will be good enough.

Mr. Dyack, please see what happened to Lair when the man in charge of it decided to talk way, way too much. With the greatest of respect, not letting the game speak for itself and building pre-loaded resentment from the gaming population is not the best way to ensure a warm reception.

Just for a laugh, I'm going to put "against." I don't really have an opinion either way.

Desi

CowboyAstronaut said:
Stop it. There is no comparison to the sheer level of disrespect and personal insults that Dyack has received on this forum. I've seen him posting respectfully to his detractors in an effort to explain something and got a "You're a fucking idiot" or a "Fuck off" or a "You fat fuck" in response and instead of most people doing the right thing and rejecting such talk, it was applauded.
That is all great and stuff but I am saying no one is safe from the insults (except Kojima for some reason). It just takes it to a new level since he posts here. If he didn't I don't think it would be as bad as it is now. Gary Whitta sometimes post here and I remember when he dogged the shit out of the PS3 and Killzone 2 at last year's E3 I believe. He got flamed in a thread he created later for it.

I've done nothing wrong for you to order me to stop. Then again, I should be happy that someone actually took the time to read my posts since that alone is a rarity.

bigcheda

AGAINST

i will gladly eat my words if the game is awesome though but from everything i have seen it would have been a great game 7 years ago when it was originally supposed to be released

AGAINST

This game will receive mediocre reviews, however it will develop a small but rabid fan base who will fight a militia style battle against the haters, resulting in a tragic loss of accounts across both sides of the senseless yet inevitable battle.

Personally Too Human holds no interest for me, I've never been in to Dungeon Crawlers and from a technical point of view the visual and animation quality (from what I've seen) takes a lot to be desired.

If it's any consolation, the game has bought me much joy already however, seriously I couldn't stop laughing while watching this, a train wreck both in terms of animation and narrative from start to finish. Cheers!

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
J. M. Romeo said:
Derek Smart! Derek Smart! DEREK SMART!

Anyways, thinking about it, the 1000$ bet with the winner donating it to charity seems a great choice. Denis Dyack seems like a man that puts his money where his word is. Time to see it literally.

Evilore, make it happen!

Making it a charity event is fine by me.

Calcaneus

Since it seems silly to post multiple times in this thread without taking a side:

For

I always love surprises, and this game has too many things going against it now.

Dever

Banned
Crab Shaker said:
This thread is PR masterpiece.

Also, anyone who is putting shitty "cautiously optimistic" or otherwise lame answers needs to choose.

Edit: Forgot to put my answer :lol, FOR
Okay then..

Against.

C4Lukins

It strikes me as funny that if this bet goes through, review scores may somehow be influenced by reviewers who read this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom