• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where to get E3 Coverage: The List!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Dirtbag 504 said:
2662715627_0f2be7dc40_o.jpg

:lol :lol

Cut me some slack =P, I am setting dual monitors, throwing a coaxial cable over to my PC so I can get the cable feed, programming everything, getting the encoders, installing a custom torrent tracker, finishing IRC quirks and more :lol

Yeah, I have taken upon my shoulders to be some kind of... E3 guide for GAF?

Dirtbag

So I went to go and set the tivo for spike HD and It didn't show anything related to e3 had other shows airing at the time of press conferences. What gives?

footnote: I did however watch the gears (and friends) e3 coverage this friday on spike without a hitch.

batbeg

Man, I didn't even notice my insider from being adopted had run out :( Oh well, I'm busy for a lot of next week anyway and will just deal with recaps.

When will the presseconferences be live? Well, here is your answer:

Microsoft E3 Media Briefing:

San Francisco - Monday - 10:30.
Seattle - Monday - 10:30.
Los Angeles - Monday - 10:30.
Denver - Monday - 11:30.
Mexico City - Monday - 12:30.
Minneapolis - Monday - 12:30
Chicago - Monday - 12:30.
Detroit - Monday - 13:30.
Washington DC - Monday - 13:30.
New York - Monday - 13:30.
Rio de Janeiro - Monday - 14:30.
Reykjavik - Monday - 17:30.
London - Monday - 18:30.
Paris - Monday - 19:30.
Copenhagen - Monday- 19:30
Oslo - Monday - 19:30.
Frankfurt - Monday - 19:30.
Stockholm - Monday - 19:30.
Athens - Monday - 20:30
Cairo - Monday - 20:30.
Moscow - Monday - 21:30.
Kabul - Monday - 22:00.
Hong Kong - Tuesday - 01:30.
Tokyo - Tuesday - 02:30.
Melbourne - Tuesday - 03:30.

Nintendo E3 Media Briefing:

San Francisco - Tuesday - 09:00.
Seattle - Tuesday - 09:00.
Los Angeles - Tuesday - 09:30
Denver - Tuesday - 10:00
Mexico City - Tuesday - 11:30.
Minneapolis - Tuesday - 11:00.
Chicago - Tuesday - 11:00.
Detroit - Tuesday - 12:00.
Washington DC - Tuesday - 12:00.
New York - Tuesday - 12:00
Rio de Janeiro - Tuesday - 13:00.
Reykjavik - Tuesday - 16:00.
London - Tuesday - 17:00.
Paris - Tuesday - 18:00.
Copenhagen - Tuesday- 18:00
Oslo - Tuesday - 18:00.
Frankfurt - Tuesday - 18:00.
Stockholm - Tuesday - 18:00.
Athens - Tuesday - 19:00
Cairo - Tuesday - 19:00.
Moscow - Tuesday - 20:00.
Kabul - Tuesday - 20:30.
Hong Kong - Wedensday - 00:00.
Tokyo - Wedensday - 01:00.
Melbourne - Wedensday - 02:00.

Sony E3 Media Briefing:

San Francisco - Tuesday - 11:30.
Seattle - Tuesday - 11:30.
Los Angeles - Tuesday - 12:00
Denver - Tuesday - 12:30
Mexico City - Tuesday - 14:00.
Minneapolis - Tuesday - 11:30.
Chicago - Tuesday - 13:30.
Detroit - Tuesday - 14:30.
Washington DC - Tuesday - 14:30.
New York - Tuesday - 14:30
Rio de Janeiro - Tuesday - 15:30.
Reykjavik - Tuesday - 18:30.
London - Tuesday - 19:30.
Paris - Tuesday - 20:30.
Copenhagen - Tuesday - 20:30
Oslo - Tuesday - 20:30.
Frankfurt - Tuesday - 20:30.
Stockholm - Tuesday - 20:30.
Athens - Tuesday - 21:30
Cairo - Tuesday - 21:30.
Moscow - Tuesday - 22:30.
Kabul - Tuesday - 23:00.
Hong Kong - Wedensday - 02:30.
Tokyo - Wedensday - 03:30.
Melbourne - Wedensday - 04:30.

jiggle

Vinterbird said:
Sony E3 Media Briefing:

San Francisco - Wedensday - 11:30.
Seattle - Wedensday - 11:30.
Los Angeles - Wedensday - 12:00
Denver - Wedensday - 12:30
Mexico City - Wedensday - 14:00.
Minneapolis - Wedensday - 11:30.
Chicago - Wedensday - 13:30.
Detroit - Wedensday - 14:30.
Washington DC - Wedensday - 14:30.
New York - Wedensday- 14:30
Rio de Janeiro - Wedensday - 15:30.
Reykjavik - Wedensday - 18:30.
London - Wedensday - 19:30.
Paris - Wedensday - 20:30.
Copenhagen - Wedensday - 20:30
Oslo - Wedensday - 20:30.
Frankfurt - Wedensday - 20:30.
Stockholm - Wedensday - 20:30.
Athens - Wedensday - 21:30
Cairo - Wedensday - 21:30.
Moscow - Wedensday - 22:30.
Kabul - Wedensday - 23:00.
Hong Kong - Thursday - 02:30.
Tokyo - Thursday - 03:30.
Melbourne - Thursday - 04:30.

???
it's on the same day as nintendo

Haunted

The only place that matters
NeoGAF.com
Damn straight!

Good choice by MS to schedule theirs a day before? Gives MS the spotlight/fantalk for one day. And since Nintendo's and Sony's pcs are in the span of a couple hours, they'll be compared directly whenever possible.

Should be fun times. I'll check back for the MS conference in roughly 31 hours. :p

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
You champ with the times.

Fuck 3:30am for MS, 2am for N and 4:30am for sony. Ah its going to be a long night.

MMaRsu

Banned
ok going to bed now, dont forget #microsoft is open to discuss MS conference and general MS E3 stuff :)

Peace!

Capndrake

Visualante made an IRC channel as well which he wanted me to post since he got banned:

EDIT: Never mind, he's letting Relix handle it instead.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Snoopers, Pipomantis and our camera guy Bruce are in LA and ready to get you guys as much footage and interviews as possible. We have lots of demo (interview?) slots with MS especially, 2 of them about announced games, but I expect we'll have some Sony stuff too. No live coverage of course.

luffeN

Blimblim said:
Snoopers, Pipomantis and our camera guy Bruce are in LA and ready to get you guys as much footage and interviews as possible. We have lots of demo (interview?) slots with MS especially, 2 of them about announced games, but I expect we'll have some Sony stuff too. No live coverage of course.

i hope your servers will handle the onslaught well!

Rlan

Gamerbytes.com will be updating as much as humanly possibly for any Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network or WiiWare titles - sans sleep deprivation.

I'm staying up, since I'm in Adelaide, Australia. Here are the times for Adelaide and Perth to add, BTW:

Microsoft Press Conference

Melbourne: Tuesday, 15 July 2008, 03:30:00
Adelaide: Tuesday, 15 July 2008, 03:00:00
Perth: Tuesday, 15 July 2008, 01:30:00

Nintendo Press Conference

Melbourne: Wednesday, 16 July 2008, 02:00:00
Adelaide: Wednesday, 16 July 2008, 01:30:00
Perth: Wednesday, 16 July 2008, 00:00:00

Sony Press Conference

Melbourne: Wednesday, 16 July 2008, 04:30:00
Adelaide: Wednesday, 16 July 2008, 04:00:00
Perth: Wednesday, 16 July 2008, 02:30:00

And I already know plenty of stuff that's going to hopefully be showing up - including the best game in the world, ever, in the history of gaming coming to the Xbox Live Arcade :D

And then for a prelude - Batman: Gotham Nights and post conferences - Batman: The Dark Knight :D

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I've taken the week off and will be livebloggin it and updating throughout the day and night.

Nintendo only coverage from me :/

Blimblim said:

Ninja Blade? Please say it's Ninja Blade.

Haunted

Blimblim said:
Why are you guys focusing on Microsoft instead of Sony and Nintendo?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Vinterbird, I added the conference times to the OP for easier access :D Thanks a bunch for that. I was wondering if some of you would be cool with me making a small torrent tracker so files coudl be distributed there and saving bandwidth for some sites? Just ideas popping around my mind :D

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Haunted One said:
Why are you guys focusing on Microsoft instead of Sony and Nintendo?
Microsoft is the only one who gave us interviews/private demos times before the show. We are definitely not focusing on MS more than the others, it's just the way it's been set up.

Dirtbag

dirtbag said:
So I went to go and set the tivo for spike HD and It didn't show anything related to e3 - had other shows airing at the time of press conferences. What gives?

footnote: I did however watch the gears (and friends) e3 coverage this friday on spike without a hitch.

I never got an answer to this question, anybody know?

Dirtbag

Relix said:
Doesn't appear to me either...

Hmmmm, I have a gut feeling that spike won't be airing the conferences.. And even if they did, I don't see anyway they'd be commercial-free. They are just a much bigger network than G4, and its' available on basic cable in most (maybe all) places in the US - so to assume commercial free especially for something niche like this seemed a stretch. Is that one site listed in the OP (gaming plasma or whatever) the only source of news about spike airing this coverage?

It's looking like no HD broadcast of the press conferences :(

Sad face is Sad

Nooreo

Yay i have connected to the IRC channel, but theirs only 34 people :(.

Edit: 34 people aint so bad, were having great conversations

Haunted

Blimblim said:
Microsoft is the only one who gave us interviews/private demos times before the show. We are definitely not focusing on MS more than the others, it's just the way it's been set up.
Fair enough. :)

Quazar said:
Because they hate you, apparently.
;_;

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Nooreo said:
Yay i have connected to the IRC channel, but theirs only 34 people :(.

Edit: 34 people aint so bad, were having great conversations

That's a lot of people for having just been opened. And E3 hasn't even yet begun :lol

Relix said:
That's a lot of people for having just been opened. And E3 hasn't even yet begun :lol
How are you going to handle the chat once the floodgates are opened? Last year it was impossible to keep up with the chat once it kicked off, and that was with people scattered across 3 or 4 different rooms. :eek:

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
I always wondered, who decides when the big conferences are going to be? Surely everyone would want to go last so they can adjust stuff that would make them look stupid?

Dirtbag

Roders5 said:
I always wondered, who decides when the big conferences are going to be? Surely everyone would want to go last so they can adjust stuff that would make them look stupid?

Or first If you think you've got the best hand, trumping everyone else.

Middle seems least desirable to me.

I'd imagine it's got more to do with juggling the big wigs schedules than anything else. But Hey, I've been wrong before.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Just wanna say that this thread saved my ass since the other "official" one always 500d me, also it wasn't a clusterfak mess of info, Gamespot was terribile, Screwattack better, IGN absolutely perfet and upped their game unbelievably from '06 and '07.

Top Bottom