• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 @ E3 2008 - ONLINE Revealed

-viper-

Banned
SoulPlaya said:
Fuck R2 and GOW3 (I will regret saying this later, I know it), this is the PS3's flagship game.
That is a tad disrespectful to the developers making their respective games, especially Resistance 2, which seems to be getting the wrong end of the stick these days.

However, I think Resistance 2 could learn a thing or two from Killzone 2.

K2 makes superb use of motion blurring and post processing effects. Perhaps Resistance 2 could do the same? I don't remember any sort of motion blur in the first game.

This is by far the best looking game currently in development. It is the only game where I see screens
and I am literally just shocked I dont stop and say "Well that looks nice" I am just shocked.

-viper- said:
That is a tad disrespectful to the developers making their respective games, especially Resistance 2, which seems to be getting the wrong end of the stick these days.

I wouldn't worry about R2 that game is going to be something immensely special when it releases.

Damn.
Why on earth didn't they show all of this during the actual conference?

And what just happened to the quote of BruceLeeRoy's image post that was above?

Awesome job on the Gifs Wollan.

2ntbn5x.jpg

r057js.jpg

2q1v4hd.jpg

2wegwnb.jpg

20hlq2f.jpg

9t1xyu.jpg

2414az8.jpg

30rqjyx.jpg

4j23ow.jpg

1zdyn3c.jpg

2z5swvq.jpg

2a0f6er.jpg

o5xd78.jpg

2rw6fpe.jpg

t71n42.jpg

s58pk4.jpg

2rxv247.jpg

259eexj.jpg

n1osc3.jpg

pvb5d.jpg

YES SIR!

BeeDog

I'm surprised no one ripped my "no persistent battlefield" comment apart. Did everyone forget those rumors already?

or it might be me that confused it with some other game :lol

kbear

BruceLeeRoy said:
This is by far the best looking game currently in development. It is the only game where I see screens
and I am literally just shocked I dont stop and say "Well that looks nice" I am just shocked.

I wouldn't worry about R2 that game is going to be something immensely special when it releases.
KZ2 looks incredible but it's certainly not the best looking game in development. Id's Rage has taken that crown and ran away with it. I've gotta believe the reason KZ2 wasn't emphasized at the conf is simply because R2 is coming out first so they want the focus to be on that title. What other reason could there be? It actually makes a lot of sense...

Raistlin

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Great googly moogly, that's what multplayer looks like? That's look incredible!

And Sony didn't even show it off at the press conference?

Who the heck was in charge of that thing anyway?!

protip - the press conferences aren't really meant for us.

golem

Metalmurphy said:
:lol

Complete with a Gears avatar and everything.

Complete with a Trophy and everything.

But really, most of where you fight in KZ2 from what I've seen are flat, enclosed areas with random cover/obstacles strewn about. Besides the nice backgrounds, and skyboxes, which isnt where you play, the levels seem like the boring offices found in FEAR. R2 seems to have much more.

Clinton514

BeeDog said:
I'm surprised no one ripped my "no persistent battlefield" comment apart. Did everyone forget those rumors already?

or it might be me that confused it with some other game :lol
I remember it. I just never bought it. :lol

BeeDog

kbear said:
KZ2 looks incredible but it's certainly not the best looking game in development. Id's Rage has taken that crown and ran away with it. I've gotta believe the reason KZ2 wasn't emphasized at the conf is simply because R2 is coming out first so they want the focus to be on that title. What other reason could there be? It actually makes a lot of sense...

Nah, Crysis Warhead still has that crown. :p

finally some info on the MP. This game is looking to deliver on all fronts. Can't freaking wait.

I wish they would have shown more of this at their presentation. They could have had more motorstorm as well.

kbear said:

Have they shown rage actually running and playable on a console? I have no doubt it will blow me away
but until they show it actually playable KZ2 by far for me.

drknite

Can't wait to eat some Kobe tubesteak
golem said:

But really, most of where you fight in KZ2 from what I've seen are flat, enclosed areas with random cover/obstacles strewn about. Besides the nice backgrounds, and skyboxes, which isnt where you play, the levels seem like the boring offices found in FEAR. R2 seems to have much more.
It is ok man, there is more to life than Gears.

Won

Wahhhh expected an awesome trailer that shows of all the gameplay stuff mentioned in the OP and then it was all about the graphics in the end. :(

antiloop

golem said:

NVM the graphics. It has the animation crown by far. The graphics are just a bonus.

kbear

BeeDog said:
Nah, Crysis Warhead still has that crown. :p
I meant on consoles. We haven't seen much of Rage yet so who knows, but if that trailer is indicative of what we're to expect on 360/PS3, I don't think it's even close. 60 fps as well...

elseanio

Best thing to come out of E3 so far. Absolutely can't wait for this game. Single player alone would have been enough for me, but this multiplayer is mind blowing.

7 MONTHS

BeeDog

kbear said:
I meant on consoles. We haven't seen much of Rage yet so who knows, but if that trailer is indicative of what we're to expect on 360/PS3, I don't think it's even close. 60 fps as well...

Fair enough, I agree if Rage proves to look that good on the consoles.

kbear

BruceLeeRoy said:
Have they shown rage actually running and playable on a console? I have no doubt it will blow me away
but until they show it actually playable KZ2 by far for me.
Yeah, Carmack showed it running on all 4 platforms at Quakecon 2007 and it looked identical... he's a sorceror. Should be some links in the Rage thread

Onix said:
protip - the press conferences aren't really meant for us.

But they sure as hell create a vibe that is thoroughly reflected and reverberated long after in gaming entertainment sector. Especially when they and we all know full well, everyone is looking at this entertainment medium with who they are trying to sell to. When E3 is even broadcasted on tv let alone E3, they're going to get voiced on.

nib95

Banned
Holy shit, can't believe they carried through the visuals for the MP! Love the enemy designs too! At times the game has a CG'ish quality to it, were it not for some of the the textures...

Seriously, easily the best looking console game to date imo.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

Gbeav

Banned
No use hyping this game anymore, everyone knows about it. They needed to push the winter stuff out full speed.

Tideas

Banned
drknite said:
You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.

when I saw your face....in a crowded place,
and I don't want to do...
cuz I'll never be with you...til feb :)

JimiNutz

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:

Gears blew me away yesterday, and Rage is technically amazing, but I'm going to have to agree Killzone 2 is the best looking game I've seen graphically. Absolutely jaw dropping.

On a personal note I still prefer the look of Gears simply because I prefer the characters, artstyle, weapon designs, Locust designs, excess gore etc. so 'for me' Gears is the better looking game, but I'm fully aware that this is based on a subjective preference for a certain artstyle and character design. Objectively Killzone 2 is king.

Cannot believe those screen OMG!

Top Bottom