• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Xbox One footage

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatti-man

If the main game is really going to be pushing 40GB per Sony, then this isn't all that surprising. Game sizes will continue to inflate now that Blu Ray is in both the PS4 and Xbox One and a 500GB HDD comes standard as well.

The loading times on this game in alpha pushed me to buy an ssd. I was pretty surprised more people didn't comment on it. The game is one slow loading pig.

Rocketz

Take anything from the GameDVR with a pinch of salt. Game looks great so far and hearing that the beta is already on the marketplace guess I might as well pin it to prepare.

I find it baffling that there are gamers out there actively hoping that this game would perform worse on a platform not of their choosing. I hope it's great on every platform. We are all gamers. Such juvenile nit-pickery is utterly pathetic.

I just read through this thread. Maybe not as thoroughly as I could have, but was there anyone actually doing this?

abadguy

Banned
I find it baffling that there are gamers out there actively hoping that this game would perform worse on a platform not of their choosing. I hope it's great on every platform. We are all gamers. Such juvenile nit-pickery is utterly pathetic.

Well we should use the term "gamer" pretty loosely with some.

Piggus

No, people want the game to be the best that it can be on each system. If they're exactly the same obviously that isn't happening.

But considering Sony's involvement and marketing for this game I don't see any kind of bullshit "forced parity" taking place here.

Ambition

Is it just me or it isn't loading?

I've tried both Safari and Chrome. :(

it was working a couple of seconds ago, but now that you mentioned it, it looks like MS took it off, oh well.
OT: If the game is dropping frames in a hallway I wonder how it's gonna be during a fire fight, haha.

Wow, had no idea the GameDVR was so bad! o_O

I'd be really shocked if Destiny has framerate issues on either current gen console. A constant framerate is really important to Bungie.

abadguy

Banned
No, people want the game to be the best that it can be on each system. If they're exactly the same obviously that isn't happening.

But considering Sony's involvement and marketing for this game I don't see any kind of bullshit "forced parity" taking place here.

Oh come on....

biteren

You mean you haven't already?!?

---

dat framerate doe

gameclip_by_gavinuk86-d7q9zgp.gif

!s it me or does that AR look a bit too modern?

abadguy

Banned
Care to explain what's wrong with what I said?

The part about "everyone" wanting both versions to be good. Obviously not whats going on in this thread. Sure maybe some want both to be good, but it's not the prevailing sentiment. It's mostly Console war idiocy right off the bat. Whatever the beta will be here soon and we will see for ourselves how the framerate holds up.

Vire

why would a wall and pipe drop the frame rate and not the outside with all the detail?

No idea but strange framerate drops happen in games all the time. I remember playing FF14 on PS4 and the framerate would just nose dive in the weirdest spots, a small room with 1 npc in it.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
This is the most conflicting next-gen choice for me so far. Performance + exclusive content or Friends list. Will most likely have to go for the friends list here, but I miss the 360 days when the choice was easy.

Option C: Get better friends.
That said, I told the few people I know who still play "I'm switching to Playstation. Keep that in mind if you want to borrow my games." before the consoles launched.

THEF3AR

Can we please have one thread where we can just say, "Hey, Bungie did a great job with the Xbox One version."

Please? I feel like Bungie put in the time and effort to make it an amazing experience on all platforms.

Can we please have one thread where we can just say, "Hey, Bungie did a great job with the Xbox One version."

Please? I feel like Bungie put in the time and effort to make it an amazing experience on all platforms.

Oh, just wait until the Digital Foundry comparisons... get your hardhat ready.

ElRenoRaven

No idea but strange framerate drops happen in games all the time. I remember playing FF14 on PS4 and the framerate would just nose dive in the weirdest spots, a small room with 1 npc in it.

Yup. The alpha on PS4 had a couple spots it did the same thing. You're going to have framerate issues in an unfinished product. The last stuff they really do is the optimization. even then sometimes stuff like this slips through. I have no doubt that by they hit gold it will be optimized and running fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom