• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

sorry but I trust (somewhat) of an independent source than the ACTUAL DEV of the game. C'mon guys - I know gaf hypes shit but let's not lose our minds and try to ignore what's going on here. If you're not expecting a PS3 game to be rock solid 60fps on NEXT GEN than you're expectations are too low. If this game is not rock solid 60fps, it will be a disappointment simple as that. Not an opinion just a fact. Next gen people we expect better. I REALLY hope IGN is wrong.

But it's not a fact. If I tell you that I won't mind in the slightest that this game will sometimes dip below 60fps, that means your "fact" becomes an opinion. And i don't doubt that many others in here won't mind if the game has the odd dip. Tomb Raider: DE had more than a few and people loved it....and what was just a "PS3 game", right?

And come on man, you know full well TLOUR isn't just a straight port from PS3. Conveniently forgetting that makes you look like you have some sort of agenda.

Let me get this straight. You are saying to listen to a marketing manager over the opinion of an objective journalist ?

Regardless of the outcome, to be determined by digital foundry analysis on release, I would love to know the logic of listening to a company's pr mouthpiece ahead of a journalist.

Lol, have you SEEN videogame journalism these days?

Flandy

I remember when TLoU came out people were saying that people would get over it and begin to shit on it after a week or two. That week or two became a month. That month became a few months. And now we're over a year after launch and people are really excited for the PS4 version. Like seriously, this thread has 1.4 million views.

cripterion

We'll I'm glad for that ign preview, at least ND is using the DS4 features unlike Bungie which gets praised for awesome UI which is clean but actually shitty to navigate through, and why not put Tyrion's voice in that gamepad? Let me hear wizard from the moon on the DS4 or at lest give me the option.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
The reality is what I personally assumed: The only reason they're not using 'locked at 60fps' is the fact that they can't account for someone throwing three grenades, three smokebombs, while spinning the camera in a crowded scene. When I play this game it will be a rock solid 60fps.

So can we please take the word of Naughty Dog now and concentrate on the 99.9% of what makes TLOU the greatest game ever made?

This remaster is going to be INCREDIBLE and I think, deep down, most sane people know that.

c0de

tlou_by_raziel1992-d7razdy.gif

This reminded me of
arnold-hercules%281%29.gif

kyser73

So when I actually read the whole IGN article, one line about how all the 'technical talk' was 'like having my brain feasted on by the Infected' stood out as being beyond stupid - why am I going to trust the judgement of someone who writes something like that about his supposed journalistic specialty?

Yet so many take thus guys word about frame rate as accurate? Sad, sad, sad.

I remember when TLoU came out people were saying that people would get over it and begin to shit on it after a week or two. That week or two became a month. That month became a few months. And now we're over a year after launch and people are really excited for the PS4 version. Like seriously, this thread has 1.4 million views.

Yep before it came out some people were saying it was UC rip off , won't be a big hit etc etc .
One year and 7 million sales later here we are with some of us being hype again .

So for those who beat the game multiple times already on the PS3, what difficulty will your first playthrough be?

Hard with listening mode off .
Want to play a little more attacking with first 60fps play thru but not it being to easy .

Dunkers92

Just woken up and this thread keeps on delivering. The Left Behind hype plane video is just too good. I would pay money for the Joel t shirt with the plane window on it

So awesome to see the hype build up like this. Its so close now! So jealous of you guys in the US who get it a couple of days before the UK

Gurish

WTH is going on in here, woke up and saw 10000 new pages thinking there must be something crazy going on like high quality gameplay with deep FPS and visuals analysis by everyone but nope, it's just GAF gone crazy :|

Just woken up and this thread keeps on delivering. The Left Behind hype plane video is just too good. I would pay money for the Joel t shirt with the plane window on it

So awesome to see the hype build up like this. Its so close now! So jealous of you guys in the US who get it a couple of days before the UK

I thought July 29th was the worldwide release date?

Cloudy

Banned

I think it'll be interesting to see what score the PS4 version gets from sites that scored the original relatively low

Cloudy

Banned
Are people really this naïve/stupid? An overall image as preposterous as that, and they choose to take the appearance of an Xbox One-adorned copy of TLoU seriously?

As Mr. Caffeine would say - "Yikes!"

He actually had to change the background cos too many people thought it was coming for xb1. How do these people get through the day?

Kaze2212

Seriously, this thread only exists for like 3 months and already is the 7th most viewed threaed on neogaf... crazy...

So bring it on! Stick it into my ass!!!

2 weeks here we go.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Are people really this naïve/stupid? An overall image as preposterous as that, and they choose to take the appearance of an Xbox One-adorned copy of TLoU seriously?

As Mr. Caffeine would say - "Yikes!"

All in all, I see this mistake as a great marketing tool. Anyone who seriously believes TLOUR is releasing on the XB1 is likely to either go into a shop and try and buy it OR pass this misinformation on to someone else. When the reality hits, 'some' may well end up buying a PS4 because they wouldn't have had time to convince themselves 'they never wanted the game anyway.'

Gurish

It seems by those captures someone got the game...

Such screens are never coming out officially.

Sony should really release Hi-quality gameplay videos now before low res youtube quality out of a stream videos starts to appear making a huge disservice for the game, i think at this point if the game did leak they really got no choice.

Even though I haven't played this game in 3-4 months, I'm definitely going straight for Grounded Difficulty; should be a hell of a lot of fun and challenging.
in 1080/60p
hnnnnggg

Edit: Can we get a side by side comparison?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Even though I haven't played this game in 3-4 months, I'm definitely going straight for Grounded Difficulty; should be a hell of a lot of fun and challenging.
in 1080/60p
hnnnnggg

Edit: Can we get a side by side comparison?

Wasn't the title screen 1080p on the PS3?

Maybe this is weird but I would be a bit disappointed if it was the same :/

It won't be the same. Better shadow quality, 4X texture detail, 1080p resolution, better AA, cutscene quality character models in-game, better lighting. There's no way it will look the same due to those things. It will be sharper and more detailed than the PS3 version.

Top Bottom